Stupid is as....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
flopstock

Stupid is as....

Post by flopstock »

Did you ever notice that shop vacs have a couple of vent holes on them? Either that or they are holes that should not be there?

I made this amazing discovery tonight when i had the brilliant idea to use the shop vac I'd bought last spring to clean the ashes out of the fireplace before starting it up..

Great suction action... I could have shoveled for an hour and not gotten it as cleared as two minutes with the shopvac did...then I turned and faced the living room...:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

kitchen, hallway... everywhere ..the air was thick with flying ash..:D

Oh well, live and learn.. and look what I have now..

Attached files
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Odie

Stupid is as....

Post by Odie »

flopstock;1106696 wrote: Did you ever notice that shop vacs have a couple of vent holes on them? Either that or they are holes that should not be there?

I made this amazing discovery tonight when i had the brilliant idea to use the shop vac I'd bought last spring to clean the ashes out of the fireplace before starting it up..

Great suction action... I could have shoveled for an hour and not gotten it as cleared as two minutes with the shopvac did...then I turned and faced the living room...:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

kitchen, hallway... everywhere ..the air was thick with flying ash..:D

Oh well, live and learn.. and look what I have now..

ooooooooo so nice to have a fire, its beautiful!
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Stupid is as....

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah: I hope the warmth of the fire on a chilly night replaces all the memories of cleaning it up!
CARLA

Stupid is as....

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl Well at least the fireplace is clean.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Mustang

Stupid is as....

Post by Mustang »

Nice fireplace Floppy! :)
Dewey2Me1MoThyme

Stupid is as....

Post by Dewey2Me1MoThyme »

I've ran into that problem before. Usually it is caused by the filter bag not being high enough on it's retainer, or a hole in the filter bag.
flopstock

Stupid is as....

Post by flopstock »

Dewey2Me1MoThyme;1106721 wrote: I've ran into that problem before. Usually it is caused by the filter bag not being high enough on it's retainer, or a hole in the filter bag.

filter bag?:o:-2
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”