A ladies only question

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
actionfigurestepho

A ladies only question

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I have a question that's JUST for the ladies on the forum. I'm going to go ahead and waste some space so it doesn't turn up on the front page!!!

w

a

s

t

i

n

g

s

p

a

c

e

OK!

Since the price of razor blades has gone up so much, I'm rebelling by switching to waxing. The problem is last time I did it, I got some comically bad results. I am assuming that is because I did it wrong.

1. Is there a hair length that makes the results less patchy?

2. Which product is the easiest to use and gives the smoothest results? I tried a roll-on wax last time---did NOT work. Has anyone tried Nads? What about those cold wax strips?

Suggestions? Advice? Please help! Thanks.
robinseggs

A ladies only question

Post by robinseggs »

First.............................................................................Where are you removing hair can I ask??? LOL.....
Nature laughs Last
BabyRider

A ladies only question

Post by BabyRider »

Yes, the location of the hair is important. The longer it is, the easier it will be to remove. Short hair just doesn't latch on to the wax well. I do like Nads, although it is NOT painless as it claims. Not horrible, but not totally pain-free.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abbey

A ladies only question

Post by abbey »

Far Rider wrote: I much prefer nair, but it stinks, I also recommend not leaving it on over night, it also burns your skin. One time while removing hair I tried to light up a cigar... and BOOM! the flash was bad, but after diving in the pool I felt better.

The best thing Ive found is lighter fluid and a match, this takes all the hair off quickly, best to have a pool nearbly as well.

Good luck ladies... *pokes tongue out*

Ladies only thread HUH! *stomps off giggling*:mad:You are cracking me up this morning Far:wah: :wah:
lady cop

A ladies only question

Post by lady cop »

shave? shave what? wax? huh? i wear those 1930's bathing suits, the kind that come to your knees, like the hair. :p
actionfigurestepho

A ladies only question

I was actually just talking about my legs...the thought of waxing anywhere...ahem...else kind of fills me with terror! I didn't expect Nads to be pain free, but if it works better than the traditional stuff I'm ready to give it a go. I can't use Nair because I have extremely sensitive skin! It makes me break out in hives, which is infinitely LESS attractive than just letting the legs go au naturel.
babygirl

A ladies only question

Post by babygirl »

hey well the only advice i can give you is do NOT use veet wax strips the ones for wax virgins, they are leathal and hurt like hell, do not take off any hair and leaves the skin brusied and very sore.:-5
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

abbey

A ladies only question

Post by abbey »

What's Nads?
kmhowe72

A ladies only question

Post by kmhowe72 »

I still have to use a razor . I was never really good at waxing either.
kmhowe
nvalleyvee

A ladies only question

Post by nvalleyvee »

i have always heard that "sugaring" is the best. It lasts about 6 weeks BUT your hair needs to be 1/4 inch long. I could never wait that long. Oh yeah - Far - you are not a lady..........
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Wolverine

A ladies only question

Post by Wolverine »

Far Rider wrote: I much prefer nair, but it stinks, I also recommend not leaving it on over night, it also burns your skin. One time while removing hair I tried to light up a cigar... and BOOM! the flash was bad, but after diving in the pool I felt better.

The best thing Ive found is lighter fluid and a match, this takes all the hair off quickly, best to have a pool nearbly as well.

Good luck ladies... *pokes tongue out*

Ladies only thread HUH! *stomps off giggling*:mad:

yep. they recomend 10 minutes, and they mean it!!:eek:

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

nvalleyvee

A ladies only question

Post by nvalleyvee »

JAB wrote: Sugaring?? :-2

It is sooo much more gentle than the "ripping" action of waxing. Your hair isn't pulled out - it's released from the pores. You only need to get it done (after the first time of 6 weeks growth) every 3 months. Check it out!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Tan

A ladies only question

Post by Tan »

I thank my dad for the hairy beast genes he's given me :thinking: . I've waxed, shaved, plucked, sugared, creamed, etc...

It's all the same. It all grows back. Unless you spend hundreds or thousands in those lazer hair removal or electrolysis sessions it will disappear. But then you're too old to care or you've spent every cent and effort on that specific part of your body and neglected everywhere else. I don't know, it's winter soon. Yay for pants.
Tan
nvalleyvee

A ladies only question

Post by nvalleyvee »

Yeah well guess what.........this is sooo :o I can't believe I'm going to say it. After I got done with chemo - I started growing chin hair!!!!! Not much but enough to make me feel on the manly side. :-5 :-5
actionfigurestepho

A ladies only question

nvalleyvee wrote: Yeah well guess what.........this is sooo :o I can't believe I'm going to say it. After I got done with chemo - I started growing chin hair!!!!! Not much but enough to make me feel on the manly side. :-5 :-5

Don't be ashamed! I'm on monoxidil becaues of the kidney stuff and for the first time ever I'm struggling with that, too! I thank the lord it grows in white! It's rather hard to feel feminine when you're plucking your chin.
Accountable

A ladies only question

Post by Accountable »

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Why waste time and money on waxes, sugar, and chemicals. Two words ladies:

Duct Tape!
CARLA

A ladies only question

Post by CARLA »

ACC, You try it first let us know how it feels..!! :lips:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

A ladies only question

Post by Accountable »

Come now. How could it be worse?

Never mind. I don't think I want to know. :o
orangesox1

A ladies only question

Post by orangesox1 »

Goodmorning:-6

I shaved my legs for years and found that works fine for me, I wax other areas, such as top lip and arm pits, but I have wondered why I pay so much for the stips when a roll of duct tape would probably be just as good. I'm going to try it one day and see.:D
CARLA

A ladies only question

Post by CARLA »

Good ol Duct tape.. used for every thing but DUCTS... I also hear models use it around their waist, and boobs to keep it all tight and in place.. go figure..!! :-3
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

actionfigurestepho

A ladies only question

OUCH! Although now I'm wondering if duct tape might be the one thing on the planet capable of giving me cleavage...
Nomad

A ladies only question

Post by Nomad »

actionfigurestepho wrote: OUCH! Although now I'm wondering if duct tape might be the one thing on the planet capable of giving me cleavage...

*sigh* your lovely ! *shakes head*
I AM AWESOME MAN
actionfigurestepho

A ladies only question

Oh come on! Cleavage is like nature's pocket. I'd never lose my car keys again.

Oh and btw, I had to do a Marilyn Monroe impersonation thing today for an event and it's true...duct tape IS very useful for the purpose of shapliness. Not sure I'd use it on my legs though. Leaves a residue.
Accountable

A ladies only question

Post by Accountable »

*tsk tsk* The things women put themselves through.
abbey

A ladies only question

Post by abbey »

The thought of putting duct tape anywhere near my knockers fills me with dread! :-3
Bez

A ladies only question

Post by Bez »

abbey wrote: The thought of putting duct tape anywhere near my knockers fills me with dread! :-3

Specially if it's that stiff wide silver tape you're talking about...I don't know about 'hair removal' .....I should think it strips your skin off...
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
minks

A ladies only question

Post by minks »

Far Rider wrote: knockers? googling definition....:-3

certainly not what you would find hanging on your front door dear Farlie
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Wolverine

A ladies only question

Post by Wolverine »

oh, to be a roll of duct tape

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Accountable

A ladies only question

Post by Accountable »

:yh_rotfl
Kathy

A ladies only question

Post by Kathy »

Ya'll are crackin' me up with the duct tape! OK, you do not apply it directly to your boobs! Put your bra on first and THEN wrap the duct tape onto that.

As far as the hair thing, check and see if any of the salons in your area do waxing. I did my legs for the first time this summer and yes, it hurt, but it was done and over with and I didn't have any stubble until around September (did it in June). It shouldn't cost more than $50.
Accountable

A ladies only question

Post by Accountable »

Kathy wrote: Ya'll are crackin' me up with the duct tape!
Duct tape can fix that! :yh_rotfl

Return to “Fashion Clothing”