Local NASCAR Racer???????

Discuss NASCAR, CART, Outlaws, and others.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

My family has been involved in racing for over 30 years,in NASCAR sanctioned classes such as A.R.C.A and NASCAR Weekly Racing Series.Competing at tracks like Daytona,Talledega,Pocono,and more.Have you or anyone you know been,or are currently,involved in any type of racing,and if so,where and what type of class do you race??

Our family competes at two local tracks in Ohio.Kil-Kare and Shadybowl speedway.We race in the Mini-Stock car class,and currently hold the track record in that class.
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

I heared that somebody in Nascar racing was injured in some accident:mad:
kmhowe
BTS

Post by BTS »

Well golly I never raced big time but I have been to most all the tracks(dirt and aphalt) on the west coast and a few big ones on the east (Charlotte and Atlanta). We use to go out to the Pickens track when I lived in SC too.

Anyways, I use to race against Rick and Roger Mears out at the Bakersfield Kart track when we were kids and before they made it big.

I now am a fan of my two home town boys Kevin Harvick and Casey Mears. ( I sat behind Casey when he was about 6 and his dad Roger at Mesa Marin and Roger was a REAL asswipe drunk back then {my opinion})

Anyways good luck on your racing. Will look for you.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

We race modified - its a blast - I would LOVE to drive but......that would never happen...We race dirt tracks all over Iowa..They use to go into Missouri, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Wisconsin..but then they all got married and slowed down a little. I love to go and watch - Here is a photo!:driving:

(the black one)

Attached files

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Hey,thats cool Mom.One of the tracks we compete at has three races in a season for the Eastern Modified class that goes for $10,000.Iowa isnt to bad of a drive to Ohio for that kind of money,But all in all maybe rather drastic,But I havnt heard of to many other tracks that go for that type of money.The track is called Shadybowl Speedway. shadybowl.com Wouldnt expect you to drive out there but it is $10,000 to win.
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

NASCAR is like a RELIGION in Ohio. I have lots of friends who build their own cars and race, one even won a scholarship for college doing it! Personally I'd be too scared of crashing, because I have no depth perception!

I have a sort of ironic NASCAR story...I work in media production, and we worked with a local domestic voilence shelter in the area. Because NASCAR is so popular in Ohio we were going to go to one of their races and film one or two of the drivers speaking out against domestic violence for a commercial. We had the tickets and everything all ready to go. Well, a few days before the trip one of the guys got in trouble for domestic violence. One of the guys we were supposed to interview! Of course we cancelled the trip. Now I know that one guy can't be made representative of the whole sport, but I still get a little icky feeling whenever I think about NASCAR. Doesn't help that the jerk cost us some money in addition to being a wife beating SOB. :-5

But hey, building your own car and having the reflexes to drive it, that's pretty cool. :)
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

actionfigurestepho wrote:

I have a sort of ironic NASCAR story...I work in media production, and we worked with a local domestic voilence shelter in the area. Because NASCAR is so popular in Ohio we were going to go to one of their races and film one or two of the drivers speaking out against domestic violence for a commercial. We had the tickets and everything all ready to go. Well, a few days before the trip one of the guys got in trouble for domestic violence. One of the guys we were supposed to interview! Of course we cancelled the trip. Now I know that one guy can't be made representative of the whole sport, but I still get a little icky feeling whenever I think about NASCAR. Doesn't help that the jerk cost us some money in addition to being a wife beating SOB. :-5

But hey, building your own car and having the reflexes to drive it, that's pretty cool. :)

You know,as is with anything,I wouldnt let a few rotten apples spoil anything you may have an interest for.The funny thing is, is if he races in Ohio chances are I might now them.I dont know If I want to find out because I might like them and I might lose all respect for them.I dont believe in hitting women,anyone who hits a women, out of their own control,Is not a man in my opinion.
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I'm not sure where the guy's from. He was in a few TV commercials awhile back right afterwards which had obviously been shot before the incident. In the commercials he had a lot of women coming up and cheering for him...horrible irony. The race we were going to go shoot when it became public was in Kentucky. For the life of me I can't remember which driver it was. I'll have to ask the boss.
Kathy

Post by Kathy »

I know little to nothing about this subject. Just wanted to post that my nephew starts class at the NASCAR Technical Insitute in North Carolina on Monday, September 19th. He's been racing in our little Oklahoma town for about 3 years now...don't ask me what type or class or anything....all I know is that his car is red!
G-man

Post by G-man »

I'm not really too into Nascar but, I've got a buddy that races and he's trying to get me more involved in it... and since he's done pretty damn good this year... I've gone out and have seen a few of his races... I'll hopefully try and see the final race this year too.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “Auto Racing”