Stress and Constipation article

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
Peach3000

Post by Peach3000 »

Hi,

I am writing an article on the link between stress and constipation. I would love it if you can tell me your experiences with stress related constipation.

Thank you,
My stress management techniques
Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

Stress has got nothing to do with it. It's all due to religion.

Surely you have heard of the Immaculate Constipation! ;)

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Some years ago i suffered from a 'Stuck down bowel' A condition i knew nothing of until i became very ill. It resulted in major surgery and nearly losing my bowel but thanks to a good surgeon. Since then, i have never been right and the worst part is the pain.

Over the years, i have found that certain foods trigger off this pain, i.e. strawberrie's or Indian curry's and i can only eat them in small quantitie's.

I know for fact that the times when i am most stressed, are the times that i suffer most. I am prescribed anti-spasmodic pills which are very good but stress is certainly a major factor in bringing on an attack.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

The only time I was constipated was when I was pregnant 4 times:wah:. Yup, sitting on the loo to poop something the size of a pea. Ouch!
Lon

Post by Lon »

Peach3000;1095509 wrote: Hi,

I am writing an article on the link between stress and constipation. I would love it if you can tell me your experiences with stress related constipation.

Thank you,

The actual cause of stress is constipation according to Dr. Nigel B. Milkovich. People that are Regular have been shown to be free of stress Some people that promote Stress Reduction programs are the worst sufferers of constipation.:wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Lon;1095913 wrote: The actual cause of stress is constipation according to Dr. Nigel B. Milkovich. People that are Regular have been shown to be free of constipation. Some people that promote Stress Reduction programs are the worst sufferers of constipation.:wah:

Every morning at 7am I'm relieved...of course after I have my smoke.
Peach3000

Post by Peach3000 »

I think it is impossible to be completely stress free - it can drive you crazy and you can die of boredom
Peach3000

Post by Peach3000 »

oscar;1095785 wrote: Some years ago i suffered from a 'Stuck down bowel' A condition i knew nothing of until i became very ill. It resulted in major surgery and nearly losing my bowel but thanks to a good surgeon. Since then, i have never been right and the worst part is the pain.

Over the years, i have found that certain foods trigger off this pain, i.e. strawberrie's or Indian curry's and i can only eat them in small quantitie's.

I know for fact that the times when i am most stressed, are the times that i suffer most. I am prescribed anti-spasmodic pills which are very good but stress is certainly a major factor in bringing on an attack.

Thank you very much Oscar, this was very helpful
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I think you are all full of crap...:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

There isn't much that won't do it to you... but an instant cure is a good scare, IMO...:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

flopstock;1096010 wrote: I think you are all full of crap...:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

There isn't much that won't do it to you... but an instant cure is a good scare, IMO...:thinking:

That and a cup of strong coffee always do the "trick":wah:
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

qsducks;1096013 wrote: That and a cup of strong coffee always do the "trick":wah:

Coffee has to be the worst irritant for an attack for me which is a problem as i love to have gallons of the stuff all day.

If anyone suffers IBS and has unexpected bouts of Diahorria, keep some powdered arrowroot in the house. When you get an attack, mix a few teaspoons into some warm milk and this will bind you up again very quickly. It also works miracles and is safe to use on cats, kittens, dogs and puppie's.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1096028 wrote: Coffee has to be the worst irritant for an attack for me which is a problem as i love to have gallons of the stuff all day.

If anyone suffers IBS and has unexpected bouts of Diahorria, keep some powdered arrowroot in the house. When you get an attack, mix a few teaspoons into some warm milk and this will bind you up again very quickly. It also works miracles and is safe to use on cats, kittens, dogs and puppie's.

Sorta of like the BRAT diet for babies. Bananas, rice, I can never remember the A and toast.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1096028 wrote: Coffee has to be the worst irritant for an attack for me which is a problem as i love to have gallons of the stuff all day.

Thanks Oscar, I will try arrowroot.....imodium helps me....
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Boy I know I am..!!

[QUOTE]I think you are all full of crap...

There isn't much that won't do it to you... but an instant cure is a good scare, IMO...[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Stress could be a big part of it...I have lots of stress. Another reason could be I have fibroids in my uterus which has caused my uterus to grow to twice it's size...I'm thinking this could have something to do with it. The doc told me when I get the fibroids out my uterus should go back to normal size...I think this may have something to do with the constipation and am hoping this will help.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

shelbell;1097646 wrote: Stress could be a big part of it...I have lots of stress. Another reason could be I have fibroids in my uterus which has caused my uterus to grow to twice it's size...I'm thinking this could have something to do with it. The doc told me when I get the fibroids out my uterus should go back to normal size...I think this may have something to do with the constipation and am hoping this will help.

Jeez I hope so Shellbell. Hopefully things will work out for you.
Peach3000

Post by Peach3000 »

Thank you everybody for your help with my article!

Happy new year!!!
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

qsducks;1097650 wrote: Jeez I hope so Shellbell. Hopefully things will work out for you.

Thanks ducky, I already have an appt with a gyno to go over my options and it should all work out just fine. :)
nok

Post by nok »

A few months ago, I had a very strong burning sensation when I peed. This happened for quite a few days. The pain was so bad that I screamed when I peed. To make things worse, I had to pee every 30 minutes or so ( this never happened to me before) . I found out later it was due to stress from a very heavy workload .

Another time ( long, long ago) , instead of bowel movements, I would have lots of blood coming out of me when I went to the toilet. That was also caused by stress ( at that time, I had a very bad boss who had a bad family life and took it out on me at work. )
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

nok;1103866 wrote: A few months ago, I had a very strong burning sensation when I peed. This happened for quite a few days. The pain was so bad that I screamed when I peed. To make things worse, I had to pee every 30 minutes or so ( this never happened to me before) . I found out later it was due to stress from a very heavy workload .

Another time ( long, long ago) , instead of bowel movements, I would have lots of blood coming out of me when I went to the toilet. That was also caused by stress ( at that time, I had a very bad boss who had a bad family life and took it out on me at work. )

Hopefully you don't have these problems again hun. It's amazing what stress can cause physically.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

shelbell;1104437 wrote: Hopefully you don't have these problems again hun. It's amazing what stress can cause physically.Stress can do many things as I have found out in my life.It also can kill and that we also should always remember.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
nok

Post by nok »

shelbell;1104437 wrote: Hopefully you don't have these problems again hun. It's amazing what stress can cause physically.

I hope so, too, Shel !
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Carolly;1104440 wrote: Stress can do many things as I have found out in my life.It also can kill and that we also should always remember.

That is so true Carol...it can cause heart attacks and that's not good.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

nok;1104590 wrote: I hope so, too, Shel !

Just try to make your life less stressful and I know that's hard to do with your family circumstances.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

My husband works long hours and has his own business. In the summer he has to wear sneakers cuz his ankles get rashes on them and it's yucky. Paper towels do the trick for him and it has started up again in the winter.:(

Return to “Mental Health”