A little bit disappointed

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

I'm a little bit disappointed because my boyfriend told me that I should stop emailing him and calling him so often, that he needs his own space. I will give him his space cuz I really believe that we could work this out. One thing I like about us is that we are always open and honest with each other. I am so happy now that I'm with him, I could feel myself changing for the better. It's true "sooner than it seems life does turn around". My boyfriend has done exactly that. I never expected this to happen to me and it did. It felt great holding his hand yesterday and he was so nervous when he met up with my boss. He took it so seriously that really shows that he cares about us, that he really does want my boss to approve of him. It felt great to hear him announce to my boss that he is my boyfriend. I can't wait to spend more time with him and to make our relationship work. I'm always smiling now, I just couldn't help it. And yet I know that I can't let dating affect my grades and the same goes for him too.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

just take it slowly
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

el guapo;1059016 wrote: just take it slowly

Thanks I know that relationships take time and we can't rush it along. My relationship with him is still new, it's just a few days old. Even though that's true, I could tell he's really serious about me.
TheNewDG

Post by TheNewDG »

strongirl56;1058991 wrote: I'm a little bit disappointed because my boyfriend told me that I should stop emailing him and calling him so often, that he needs his own space. I will give him his space cuz I really believe that we could work this out. One thing I like about us is that we are always open and honest with each other. I am so happy now that I'm with him, I could feel myself changing for the better. It's true "sooner than it seems life does turn around". My boyfriend has done exactly that. I never expected this to happen to me and it did. It felt great holding his hand yesterday and he was so nervous when he met up with my boss. He took it so seriously that really shows that he cares about us, that he really does want my boss to approve of him. It felt great to hear him announce to my boss that he is my boyfriend. I can't wait to spend more time with him and to make our relationship work. I'm always smiling now, I just couldn't help it. And yet I know that I can't let dating affect my grades and the same goes for him too.

strongirl56;1059024 wrote: Thanks I know that relationships take time and we can't rush it along. My relationship with him is still new, it's just a few days old. Even though that's true, I could tell he's really serious about me.

Strngurl? Have you ever thought about talking with a counselor? IM not being ugly, I'm being serious. Have you?
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

TheNewDG;1059061 wrote: Strngurl? Have you ever thought about talking with a counselor? IM not being ugly, I'm being serious. Have you?

Why the hell would you say that? That is pretty offensive. There is nothing wrong with me. What goes on between me and my boyfriend is my business. You don't know me you don't know what kind of relationship me and my boyfriend have.
TheNewDG

Post by TheNewDG »

strongirl56;1059070 wrote: Why the hell would you say that? That is pretty offensive. There is nothing wrong with me. What goes on between me and my boyfriend is my business. You don't know me you don't know what kind of relationship me and my boyfriend have.

I would say that because it seems you are pretty attached when its been "days". I never said anything is wrong with you. I dont know you, but you made it other people's business when you posted it on a public forum.

Just a word of advice because I am older, and female, and used to be easily attached...that's all...
TheNewDG

Post by TheNewDG »

AND....

you posted it under the ADVICE section!
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

TheNewDG;1059077 wrote: I would say that because it seems you are pretty attached when its been "days". I never said anything is wrong with you. I dont know you, but you made it other people's business when you posted it on a public forum.

Just a word of advice because I am older, and female, and used to be easily attached...that's all...

Thanks for your concern.
TheNewDG

Post by TheNewDG »

strongirl56;1058991 wrote: I'm a little bit disappointed because my boyfriend told me that I should stop emailing him and calling him so often, that he needs his own space. I will give him his space cuz I really believe that we could work this out. One thing I like about us is that we are always open and honest with each other. I am so happy now that I'm with him, I could feel myself changing for the better. It's true "sooner than it seems life does turn around". My boyfriend has done exactly that. I never expected this to happen to me and it did. It felt great holding his hand yesterday and he was so nervous when he met up with my boss. He took it so seriously that really shows that he cares about us, that he really does want my boss to approve of him. It felt great to hear him announce to my boss that he is my boyfriend. I can't wait to spend more time with him and to make our relationship work. I'm always smiling now, I just couldn't help it. And yet I know that I can't let dating affect my grades and the same goes for him too.

Writing Style Numero Uno...and....

strongirl56;1059070 wrote: Why the hell would you say that? That is pretty offensive. There is nothing wrong with me. What goes on between me and my boyfriend is my business. You don't know me you don't know what kind of relationship me and my boyfriend have.

Writing style Numero Dos. Does anyone else see a difference?
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

TheNewDG;1059114 wrote: Writing Style Numero Uno...and....

Writing style Numero Dos. Does anyone else see a difference?

what the hell is that supposed to mean? do you have something against me or something? ur seriously pissing me off.
TheNewDG

Post by TheNewDG »

strongirl56;1059120 wrote: what the hell is that supposed to mean? do you have something against me or something? ur seriously pissing me off.

It means I think you are a fake and all this is BS.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

TheNewDG;1059125 wrote: It means I think you are a fake and all this is BS.

If any man of mine asked me to stop e mailing him, I'D say one word to him..... GOODBYE. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

oscar;1059176 wrote: If any man of mine asked me to stop e mailing him, I'D say one word to him..... GOODBYE. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

No he said don't email him as much. Regardless I still have his phone number and we would see each other in school. I called him a lot yesterday and I sent him several emails, I think I overdid it and didn't give him any free space. I saw him in school, spent time with him and talked to him too.
Oscar Namechange

strongirl56;1059179 wrote: No he said don't email him as much. Regardless I still have his phone number and we would see each other in school. I called him a lot yesterday and I sent him several emails, I think I overdid it and didn't give him any free space. I saw him in school, spent time with him and talked to him too.
There's a very old saying.. 'If you love someone, you let them free'.

If you are serious here... If you over crowd him, he will back off all the more. You can smother someone too much and end up pushing their love away instead of bringing more to you.

As the New DG said in another post, take it from an older wiser woman.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

Thanks, I'll try to do just that. I really don't want to lose him and I know that I can trust him too.
Oscar Namechange

strongirl56;1059199 wrote: Thanks, I'll try to do just that. I really don't want to lose him and I know that I can trust him too.

if you trust him, you will have nothing to lose by letting up a bit. Trust me.. If you don't e mail or phone as much, he will soon be e mailing and phoning you to see why. You don't want to become a 'bunny boiler' and that's hard when you first fall for some-one as you want to be in contact with them all the time. Just give him a little space and he'll run to you.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

it is hard when you are young and in love. Boys they are sooo hard to figure out. I know people are telling you not to smother him. i know you are thinking. I care for him. that is not smothering?? He sounds like he wants to be the pursuer. It is kind of a macho thing. Go out with your friends. Let him wonder. Why has she cooled off?? I better be more attentive. It's a game. I hate games. But damn they sure like to play them;)
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

Thanks for the advice you guys. I just hope I can let up on him a little bit and loosen up on him. And hopefully he can see that and pay more attention to me that way.
Tan

Post by Tan »

Be proud that you're concerned about your relationship. Good for you. I hope it works out for you two.:-4
Tan
nok

Post by nok »

That's good that you and your boyfriend are always honest and open with each other- that's a sign of a good relationship. In all relationships, communication really is the most important thing because it helps us to understand and know the other person better and vice versa.

I'm glad that your boyfriend makes you happy. He seems like a nice guy and I'm happy for you. My advice to you would be to make your relationship with him "slow and sure", meaning that you should take things slowly and take lots of time in learning about each other before making any very important decisions together.

Anyway, I do wish you the best in your relationship with him. I do hope that things turn out well for the both of you. Good luck and take care.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Guys like the chase, keep him wanting you. If you are ‘too available’ he will lose interest.

It is just the way it is with guys at that age.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

strongirl56;1059199 wrote: Thanks, I'll try to do just that. I really don't want to lose him and I know that I can trust him too.

Dont email or call him at all unless you are returning one of his emails or calls. If you think you are not getting enough emails and calls, then give your email and phone number to other possible suitors.
eliza_leigh

Post by eliza_leigh »

strongirl56;1059024 wrote: My relationship with him is still new, it's just a few days old. Even though that's true, I could tell he's really serious about me. - READ THIS: Your boyfriend told you that you should stop emailing and calling him so often and that he needs his own space. Does that sentence tell you that he's serious about you? You know that both of you has just started having this relationship recently. You can't say that you could tell he's really serious about you. Love has to nurture into a mature relationship, but it looks like you've fallen in love with him way too early and I guess you're too young to handle your relationship with him.

strongirl56;1059179 wrote: No he said don't email him as much. Regardless I still have his phone number and we would see each other in school. I called him a lot yesterday and I sent him several emails, I think I overdid it and didn't give him any free space. I saw him in school, spent time with him and talked to him too. - Seems like you're being nosey around him. You said earlier in your post, "... I will give him his space cuz I really believe that we could work this out. " Then why did you bother chasing him by calling him a lot on the phone and sent him several emails? You didn't even thought for a second that your boyfriend thinks you are annoying.

mikeinie;1085229 wrote: Guys like the chase, keep him wanting you. If you are ‘too available’ he will lose interest.

It is just the way it is with guys at that age. - True enough. There's a saying that "Absence makes the heart grow fonder". Try to be not around him for a while. If he noticed that you stopped seeing him, he will try to make an effort to approach you again because he misses you being around him. So you gotta give him his space.
"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it."- Lou Holtz

Online Tools Depot
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

me and my boyfriend is over. he wants to respect my mom's wishes cuz she don't want me dating in college.
Odie

Post by Odie »

is he the same one you broke up with...or a new one?
Life is just to short for drama.
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

i didnt think i was being a stalker i think it was just the fact that we were both too clueless and too young and rushed into this relationship. we both didnt know a lot about relationships before we started on this relationship. as i mentioned before i was his first gf and i wasnt that knowledgable about how relationships should work.

as for your comment about my boss, my boss wanted me to introduce my boyfriend to her, it was more her idea than it was mines.
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

i've been with the same boyfriend for the past three weeks. and he broke up with me just this past week; during finals week.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

strongirl56;1086456 wrote: i didnt think i was being a stalker i think it was just the fact that we were both too clueless and too young and rushed into this relationship. we both didnt know a lot about relationships before we started on this relationship. as i mentioned before i was his first gf and i wasnt that knowledgable about how relationships should work.

as for your comment about my boss, my boss wanted me to introduce my boyfriend to her, it was more her idea than it was mines.

So....you two are in college and you say you are his first girlfriend. And you say you also dont have experience with relationships. How did the two of you get to college with so little experience? When you met this guy didnt you think it strange that he never had a girlfriend before? A guy in college?
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

no i did not we are both asian and dating isnt really allowed in my family and he has never really put a lot of thought into dating. he has a somewhat negative aspect on dating and girls in general. i was the first to change that i guess and he wanted to test us out. too bad he wanted to end our relationship so soon.

wildhorses;1086515 wrote: So....you two are in college and you say you are his first girlfriend. And you say you also dont have experience with relationships. How did the two of you get to college with so little experience? When you met this guy didnt you think it strange that he never had a girlfriend before? A guy in college?
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

strongirl56;1086521 wrote: no i did not we are both asian and dating isnt really allowed in my family and he has never really put a lot of thought into dating. he has a somewhat negative aspect on dating and girls in general. i was the first to change that i guess and he wanted to test us out. too bad he wanted to end our relationship so soon.

He has a negative aspect on dating and girls in general. You know what? You sound like a nice person, just that you havent dated yet. This is only my opinion but this guy .....it sounds like something is wrong. I get the feeling it has nothing to do with you. Most guys are friendly ...even asian guys. Asian guys are quieter, but friendly nonetheless. Find another guy. Dont even look back...forget this guy. He does not sound friendly at all. And I am no expert, but I do have some experience.....so just for future reference.....there is no relationship until you have known someone at least several months, if not a year....or two....or three. Take your time next time you meet someone, and you will meet someone. I know you dont feel good right now, but that will go away...you'll see. Get yourself a nice normal guy. And dont take this too personally, it sounds like he doesnt like girls much....or women. Why is it you refer to yourself as a girl? You are a woman. If you are college age you are a woman now.
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

i have known him for the past two years or so i would like to think that we know each other pretty well i mean at least as friends. maybe we just wasnt meant to be. or maybe we just rushed into this maybe we could be together again someday when the time is right. i might have scared him away by the intensity and pressure i put on the both of us while we were going out. it wasnt all his fault. we both didnt know how to be a good gf/bf and didnt know how to handle the relationship. i tried my best though he probably didnt cuz he got scared away so easily.

wildhorses;1086527 wrote: He has a negative aspect on dating and girls in general. You know what? You sound like a nice person, just that you havent dated yet. This is only my opinion but this guy .....it sounds like something is wrong. I get the feeling it has nothing to do with you. Most guys are friendly ...even asian guys. Asian guys are quieter, but friendly nonetheless. Find another guy. Dont even look back...forget this guy. He does not sound friendly at all. And I am no expert, but I do have some experience.....so just for future reference.....there is no relationship until you have known someone at least several months, if not a year....or two....or three. Take your time next time you meet someone, and you will meet someone. I know you dont feel good right now, but that will go away...you'll see. Get yourself a nice normal guy. And dont take this too personally, it sounds like he doesnt like girls much....or women. Why is it you refer to yourself as a girl? You are a woman. If you are college age you are a woman now.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

strongirl56;1086528 wrote: i have known him for the past two years or so i would like to think that we know each other pretty well i mean at least as friends. maybe we just wasnt meant to be. or maybe we just rushed into this maybe we could be together again someday when the time is right. i might have scared him away by the intensity and pressure i put on the both of us while we were going out. it wasnt all his fault. we both didnt know how to be a good gf/bf and didnt know how to handle the relationship. i tried my best though he probably didnt cuz he got scared away so easily.

oh I misunderstood you. I thought you had just met him a couple weeks ago. Ya maybe just too much pressure then. Well sometimes pressure can put somebody off thats true....but you said you were already friends so maybe he felt good about a possible relationship at that time. Maybe you tried just too hard. But dont worry about it, just chalk it up to experience and try to learn what you can from the experience. Since he was your first boyfriend maybe you just got very excited about having a boyfriend when you never had one before. You will find another boyfriend. There's guys everywhere, believe me....tons of em out there. Just move forward and you will be fine.
strongirl56

Post by strongirl56 »

No you misunderstood me I was his first girlfriend. I've had boyfriends before.

wildhorses;1086529 wrote: oh I misunderstood you. I thought you had just met him a couple weeks ago. Ya maybe just too much pressure then. Well sometimes pressure can put somebody off thats true....but you said you were already friends so maybe he felt good about a possible relationship at that time. Maybe you tried just too hard. But dont worry about it, just chalk it up to experience and try to learn what you can from the experience. Since he was your first boyfriend maybe you just got very excited about having a boyfriend when you never had one before. You will find another boyfriend. There's guys everywhere, believe me....tons of em out there. Just move forward and you will be fine.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”