All canadians

A forum to discuss local issues in Canada.
MiwSher

All canadians

Post by MiwSher »

Just peachy, thanks!

Saskatchewan here. Welcome to the garden. :D

MiwSher
Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe ;)
koan

All canadians

Post by koan »

Trying to remember that cold in Vancouver is not cold to Ontario.

Lived in Ontario for 22 years...Burlington, Hamilton, Barrie, Toronto ("Torana" if you are from around there), Orillia, St. Thomas (near London don't bother going further)...Now doing the tour around Greater Vancouver...East side, Kitsilano, North Van, Coquitlam, maybe White Rock soon?

Going back to Ontario for Christmas. Yikes! Haven't been home for four years & don't know if I'll survive the cold again.

Was in Saskatoon for a month last year...what's with all the freakin' grasshoppers? :wah: :wah:
MiwSher

All canadians

Post by MiwSher »

koan wrote:

Was in Saskatoon for a month last year...what's with all the freakin' grasshoppers? :wah: :wah:

I wish I knew! I'm in Regina and we had it worse! Go figure I live in an area where they (one of my worst phobias) live long and prosper!

Want some? :wah:

MiwSher
koan

All canadians

Post by koan »

MiwSher wrote: I wish I knew! I'm in Regina and we had it worse! Go figure I live in an area where they (one of my worst phobias) live long and prosper!

Want some? :wah:

MiwSher

Can't resist freaking you out. Here's a picture I took in Saskatoon. The models were very patient and did not seem to mind the invasion of privacy...as they were in the middle of the sidewalk at the time.

Attached files
MiwSher

All canadians

Post by MiwSher »

koan wrote: Can't resist freaking you out. Here's a picture I took in Saskatoon. The models were very patient and did not seem to mind the invasion of privacy...as they were in the middle of the sidewalk at the time.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

That's the last time I open my big mouth around here!! :p

Are they gone??? Are you sure??? :-3

MiwSher
koan

All canadians

Post by koan »

Certainly you can, Jack. :wah:

You would have to reduce the dimensions though, I think, and its fairly long compared to the height of the photo. But if you want it, go for it.
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

Waves hello to fellow Canadians :sneaky:
lady cop

All canadians

Post by lady cop »

i love Canadians! so....is it snowbound, infested with mooses and are there lady mounties? ;)
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

lady cop wrote: i love Canadians! so....is it snowbound, infested with mooses and are there lady mounties? ;)
Yes to Lady mounties... and I've only seen Moose on a postcard, beavers are rampant though.
lady cop

All canadians

Post by lady cop »

>>^..^ Yes to Lady mounties... and I've only seen Moose on a postcard, beavers are rampant though.
:yh_rotfl are they considered pests?
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

lady cop wrote: :yh_rotfl are they considered pests?
no, pets
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

as long as it's not huddled asleep on my back porch, tank :D
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

almost never huh? well, don't forget protection if you do find a hot girl.

Now I am going to be up worrying about you :D
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

tankspring wrote: after what i been through lately another woman aint really a good thing.
well it's got to be better than another guy :eek:
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

tankspring wrote: but after a divorce, i have a lot of issues trusting women
Were you married to a whole bunch of women or just one?
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

:D Well at least you are laughing.. the first step to healing, my friend
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

tankspring wrote: and dont want to miss more kids LOL, kind of hard not to get attached to the kids if they are sweet... you would need to have a heart of stone.. and I somehow doubt that is you!
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

Well you can't stay home feeling sorry for yourself.. you have to get out there and date, doesn't sound like you are playing the field though, you are only dating the one lady with kids?
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

Well it's crazy out there... so be careful :)
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: :yh_rotfl are they considered pests?
Who Moose? Beavers? Or Lady RCMP??

tee hee hee
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Paula

All canadians

Post by Paula »

Away in The Danger, they must have needed Food?
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

tankspring wrote: actually yeah, if you have ever had a tree falled by beavers, you would agree. At my cottage, which is lakefront, sometimes beavers get into the habit of getting into all the trees, so yeah, they are pests!

Beavers around these parts have been known to "charge" at people.

― Mae West
kensloft

All canadians

Post by kensloft »

Hello fellow Canadians. Don't want to be un-p.c. so, is it OK to use the term fellow with girls in the group?

Living in the Kensington Market area makes me want to ask this question. Is the rest of the country as multi-cuktural as we are. On any given day you can see virtually every race and religion walk by on their way to or returning from doing their shopping.

It is, literally, mesmerizing.

We are also part owner of the largest inland solar water heater in the world. Lake Ontario. When ther is no North Wind the temperature for at least 8 to 10 miles inland rises above freezing into the high 30's or 2 to 4 Centigrade.. That's why the only time that you see any snowbanks in Toronto is usually just after snowstorms. That's probably why most Canadians, allegedly, hate Torontonians. We don't freeze for such long periods of times like our friends in Regina or Edmonton.

It was the background for that infamous film (amongst many others) Police Academy. It was hilarious behind the set too.

Sorry to bore everyone but isn't that what Canadians are supposed to do?
kensloft

All canadians

Post by kensloft »

Hello fellow Canadians. Don't want to be un-p.c. so, is it OK to use the term fellow with girls in the group?

Living in the Kensington Market area makes me want to ask this question. Is the rest of the country as multi-cultural as we are. On any given day you can see virtually every race and religion walk by on their way to or returning from doing their shopping.

It is, literally, mesmerizing.

We are also part owner of the largest inland solar water heater in the world. Lake Ontario. When there is no North Wind the temperature for at least 8 to 10 miles inland rises above freezing into the high 30's or 2 to 4 Centigrade.. That's why the only time that you see any snowbanks in Toronto is usually just after snowstorms. That's probably why most Canadians, allegedly, hate Torontonians. We don't freeze for such long periods of times like our friends in Regina or Edmonton.

It was the background for that infamous film (amongst many others) Police Academy. It was hilarious behind the set too.

Sorry to bore everyone but isn't that what Canadians are supposed to do?
Bill Sikes

All canadians

Post by Bill Sikes »

kensloft wrote: Hello fellow Canadians. Don't want to be un-p.c. so, is it OK to use the term fellow with girls in the group?

Of course it's OK! A fellowship, right? Or are you talking about your fellow man, which of course includes woman?
Cass

All canadians

Post by Cass »

kensloft wrote:

Living in the Kensington Market area makes me want to ask this question. Is the rest of the country as multi-cultural as we are. On any given day you can see virtually every race and religion walk by on their way to or returning from doing their shopping.

Hi fellow Torontonian! I am north of the city and we have tons of cutural diversity (maybe a bit too much)
koan

All canadians

Post by koan »

Kensington Market is one of the few things I miss about "Toronna". (How you say it usually tells if you're from Ontario out in BC) While most of Canada is frozen and covered in snow, Vancouver has turned into a swimming pool. Roads flooded everywhere. I drove through a couple of rivers on the way home two nights ago and it got warm enough that I was working all day without a coat yesterday. Yikes! You got me talking about the weather.

Out in BC it seems that we segragate ourselves. The city is divided up into areas where cultures kind of stick together. Mind you, I live in the French Quarter and I haven't noticed many French people around. We don't have a Kensington Market area. :-1
kensloft

All canadians

Post by kensloft »

Bill Sikes wrote: Of course it's OK! A fellowship, right? Or are you talking about your fellow man, which of course includes woman?

Thanks, Bill.
kensloft

All canadians

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: We don't have a Kensington Market area. :-1

The pronunciation is traanna. Yours is just as valid as mine.

Grenneville Market is the market to go to when in Vancouver. But I hear it ain't no Kensington.

The weather out in BC has an influence from the Jaun de Fuca currents, hence, it is warmer. Also a pretty sizeable solar water heater. Eh?

Going into the interior would, understandably, get pretty cold. Most(?) people out west don't want to let us Easterners just how good the weather is out there. It's their secret.

Friends of mine were building a buddhist monastery near Revelstoke. Haven't been there for years. Too much to do and so little time to do it in... .

Only been to Vancouver once and enjoyed it. It's a shame that there is so much heroin out there. But Vancouver is, and has been for many years, the main entryway into North America for that trade. I always find it sad when I hear about how many people get sucked into that web. They're only beginning to clue into that fact now.

Enjoy the weather. Are you getting the tail end of the weather system that's been pummelling California?
minks

All canadians

Post by minks »

Hope you are not affected by mudslides Girl.

Hello fellow Canadian, we don't mind if your Pc-ness is a bit skewed. We won't take it to heart.

I hale from Calgary, and muliculturalizim is everywhere. Certain parts of the city dictate which culture you are most likely to encounter. It has been interesting to see this Culture thing evolve over the 43 years I have lived in this fine city.

Happily tolerant of the Multiple Cultures represented in Canada.

― Mae West
capt_buzzard

All canadians

Post by capt_buzzard »

Hello CANADA,

Ireland here :guitarist
kensloft

All canadians

Post by kensloft »

minks wrote: Hello fellow Canadian, we don't mind if your Pc-ness is a bit skewed. We won't take it to heart.

Funny? I always thought that p.c. was skewed. Well, live and learn I guess?

I hale from Calgary, and muliculturalizim is everywhere. Certain parts of the city dictate which culture you are most likely to encounter. It has been interesting to see this Culture thing evolve over the 43 years I have lived in this fine city.

Happily tolerant of the Multiple Cultures represented in Canada.

Happens all over Toronto, too. To me the most fun is when you are in a district that has the whole kit and kaboodle of multi-culturalism in one neighbourhood. One of my favourite expressions is, "Wha'! You've never tried this? Hah! You think that's good... wait'll you get a load of this!"

We definitely see the colour of the skin but as Martin Luther King said, to paraphrase, "It's not the colour of the skin but what is inside the person that counts."

Toronto, in its street signage, depicts the particular neighbourhood's ethnic background. It's cool.
koan

All canadians

Post by koan »

North Vancouver lost two houses to mudslides in the last three days. They evacuated after the first one so only one family was injured.

Downtown Eastside Vancouver has the most junkies in all of Canada. I researched a documentary in the area and it is quite devastating. Developers are so callous they are buying up the property really cheap and lobbying the City to push all the junkies further east. Of course BC is more famous for its pot, which I don't really have a taste for but sure enjoy watching all the mystified people wandering about. Just don't let them get in their cars.
kensloft

All canadians

Post by kensloft »

Been working on a project and it is about 2 weeks away from happening. The merchants in Kensington have been getting trampled by the piggies, so, I decided to give them a little hand.

Koan, tell me if you recognize any of the places. As I say it is a couple weeks away from being active. but in the interim get a look.

www.gokensingtonmarket.com

kensloft
koan

All canadians

Post by koan »

That's great! Nice to see all the vintage stores are still there. It's the only way to shop. I used to live at Bathurst and Queen area. Right across from the Sanctuary club. It was a dive but fun to be there. It's better to live in Toronto when you're not poor. I was a starving student.
kensloft

All canadians

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: That's great! Nice to see all the vintage stores are still there. It's the only way to shop. I used to live at Bathurst and Queen area. Right across from the Sanctuary club. It was a dive but fun to be there. It's better to live in Toronto when you're not poor. I was a starving student.

My good friends are the BFG's. They would play there occassionally. You're right about having money. Where were you going to school?

The market is in its continual phase of changing but it is mostly the same.
koan

All canadians

Post by koan »

I was going to Humber College for set design in Theatre. Then, when I found out that there was no money in theatre I switched to film school.
kensloft

All canadians

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: I switched to film school.

Ryerson? York? Seneca? George Brown?

Return to “Canada”