Convincing the other half

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

All my life i have rescued, rehabilitated, rehomed & loved dogs. Through all of this i have never had a puppy, mostly through guilt i suppose. There's always an older one who deserves saving.

After the loss of my beautiful girl 2 years ago aged 14 i swore it was the end, no more furries for me.

I found myself unable to live without a dog & rescued a girl in February this year.

In October i brought home a rehome companion for her, a sob story, my beautiful boy who has fitted in a dream, it was the right decision, life was / is complete - or so i thought :sneaky:

Today i seen a puppy :eek:

This pupster's face called out to me. Now how do i go about convincing my husband after taking on two already in less than a year that its meant to be? :-3
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

buttercup;1071282 wrote: All my life i have rescued, rehabilitated, rehomed & loved dogs. Through all of this i have never had a puppy, mostly through guilt i suppose. There's always an older one who deserves saving.

After the loss of my beautiful girl 2 years ago aged 14 i swore it was the end, no more furries for me.

I found myself unable to live without a dog & rescued a girl in February this year.

In October i brought home a rehome companion for her, a sob story, my beautiful boy who has fitted in a dream, it was the right decision, life was / is complete - or so i thought :sneaky:

This pupster's face called out to me. Now how do i go about convincing my husband after taking on two already in less than a year that its meant to be? :-3

dont ask tell
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Awwww thanks Guapo, how's yer kiddo doing? :-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1071282 wrote: All my life i have rescued, rehabilitated, rehomed & loved dogs. Through all of this i have never had a puppy, mostly through guilt i suppose. There's always an older one who deserves saving.

that it is your love and devotion for so many that have needed your special love and attention......and this one needs you as well, a puppy's love is always meant to be.:-4

every puppy and dog needs a loving home.
Life is just to short for drama.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Tell him how you feel and take him to see the puppy. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1071323 wrote: Tell him how you feel and take him to see the puppy. :)

ohhhhhhh even better!
Peg

Post by Peg »

Claim that it followed you home. :sneaky:
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I agree... let him see the puppy. Explain how he makes you feel..

When Remy first came to us he was supposed to be a foster and I did my best not to let him get attached to us or for me to bond with him.

After 3 failed placings OH said 'you may as well keep him he wont eat much'

He was right, Remy dosen't eat much at all but he generates so much love its unbelievable. his love and gentle nature calm me and make me happy. I feel good when he is around.

Bottom line is this little dog makes me a better person.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

When I said to Jim about getting a dog he said no, so being the good girl that I am I went to the dog rescue centre and collected Alfie 12 hours after I told him, Jim took one look at him and said it was a mistake and I shouldn't of got him, you should see them now, I think Jim has the strongest bond with Alfie out of all of us. He even says himself how glad he is that we got him.

It was Jims suggestion that we got a friend for Alfie, so we then found Poppy through another rescue centre. :-4

I am sure that when he sets his eyes on pup he'll be cool :-4

PS. Loved the wedding pictures and the ones of the dogs in the snow BCup :-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Odie

Post by Odie »

I had boughten one of our cats without asking Mike, he said OMG a fourth one?

why did you buy him?

as that day grew on, it was love at first sight to Mike, that cat always goes to him at all times........when he comes home from work....Spike jumps on his shoulders and wraps his body around his neck.........this continues while he puts his stuff away, changes out of his uniform and until he sits down, then Spike cuddles right up to him and starts chewing his hair..........he has never seen a cat with so much love to give and he returns it.
gmc

Post by gmc »

We have a rescue dog we got as a pup. In truth I did'nt get a lot of say in the matter-we went just to have a look and ended up with a pup. Now we are replacing all the carpets with wooden floors. My wife is currently trying to persuade me we need a companion for him. There's a seven month old husky pup I could be persuaded with. For this reason She is not getting to go anywhere near the rescue centre and I'm not going to look either.

Buttercup. STOP BULLYING YOUR HUSBAND YOU KNOW IT IS UNFAIR AND HE DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE IF YOU PERSIST.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Here she is :-4

Attached files
Odie

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1105826 wrote: Here she is :-4

ooooooooooooo you did get a puppy!

german sheppard?

oh she is just so cute, what is her name?
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Her name is Ava, here she is with the others :-4

Attached files
Odie

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1105833 wrote: Her name is Ava, here she is with the others :-4

clicked on it twice again, she looks so content with her new family!

welcome Ava!
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Yes Odie she is, they adore her, we all do :-4
gmc

Post by gmc »

your husband didn't stand a chance did he?:yh_rotfl

Which rescue centre was it you went to?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Well done. No man stands a chance with us softie women do they?

Logically speaking, three dogs are no more trouble than two. Two is no more trouble than one.

I am a great fan of 'Ceasar Milan' and he is absolutely correct when he says that dogs are happiest in a pack. They learn from each other and they become less demanding on the human.

We recently got a third dog, a recue and she wasn't planned. The three of mine get on so well that i'm considering a fourth.

Nect time, i want a Staffi. I just love them.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

GMC - She's a Dundee lass.

Oscar - What dogs do you have? My friend just got a staffie pup & its the craziest little dog, its more like a kangaroo x piranha, she's got her work cut out for her with that one :wah:

Return to “Pet Advice Support”