Why the world should envy britain

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

HE JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER

He bankrupted Iceland when they shafted British Investors.

He says 'The money men will pay' and threatens them with legal action.

He opposed the act for credit card companie's to re-possess folk's home's.

He slashed fuel prices with more cuts expected.

Grocery prices slashed after supermarket giants go into a price war.

70% reductions expected in High Street Stores this Christmas.

He master-minded the blue-print for rapid economic recovery.

He slashed bank interest rates saving home owners much needed cash on their mortgages.

He promised us tax CUTS not increases.

Brown 'plans £500 tax cut for every family in £15bn bid to jolt economy back to life' | Mail Online

HE'S DONE IT. CAN HE GET ANY BETTER?????? :-6:-6:-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Can any of the opposition supporters tell me, what their plans would be???
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
TheNewDG

Post by TheNewDG »

oscar;1051715 wrote: HE JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER

He slashed bank interest rates saving home owners much needed cash on their mortgages.

Brown 'plans £500 tax cut for every family in £15bn bid to jolt economy back to life' | Mail Online

oscar;1051721 wrote: Can any of the opposition supporters tell me, what their plans would be???

YES! My plans would be to:

I would encourage credit companies to reposses homes so the people could start anew.

I would raise gas prices so we could make sure the oil companies retained huge profits.

I would raise grocery prices so we would ensure the poor stay that way!

I would raise interest rates so the buyer would foreclose and then they could start anew once they lose it!

I would increase taxes to make sure rich people finally become poor too!

:D
Oscar Namechange

TheNewDG;1051738 wrote: YES! My plans would be to:

I would encourage credit companies to reposses homes so the people could start anew.

I would raise gas prices so we could make sure the oil companies retained huge profits.

I would raise grocery prices so we would ensure the poor stay that way!

I would raise interest rates so the buyer would foreclose and then they could start anew once they lose it!

I would increase taxes to make sure rich people finally become poor too!

:D

:wah::wah: Exactly!!! Why the heck would Britain ever vote in Gordon Brown's opposition?? All they can offer is cuts.

I'm a happy bunny today :-6:-6
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

the answer

YouTube - "Brown Trousers". A Lament to Gordon Brown and a bit similar to The Stranglers and the Waitrose Advert Music
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

el guapo;1051749 wrote: the answer

YouTube - "Brown Trousers". A Lament to Gordon Brown and a bit similar to The Stranglers and the Waitrose Advert Music

Look Guapo.. I know you love me but you have to stop sending love songs. Mr Oscar is getting worried.

For the record.. Nothing on this earth could be similar to 'The Stranglers' who by the way will be playing in Folkstone tuesday night. Come along and I can give you some bitch-slapping and you can hear some real music.

The Strangers are totally Unique.. Nothing equals them.

I will send you a Stranglers vid so you can have the benifit of some 'Aural Sculpture'.

:wah::wah::wah:
Oscar Namechange

First of all, the last person to utter such pathetic proganda as this, ended up in a ditch on fire.

Also, .. Oh dear.. I've just e mailed this to the creator of 'Goldon Brown' 'Dave Greenfield' of the 'Stranglers' Tut tut.. me thinks it breaches strict Stranglers copy right laws. I don't believe they know about this. please google 'Rat's Lair', The Official Stranglers Website and check their copy right. :wah:
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

hit a raw nerve there have i :wah::wah::wah::wah::wah::wah::wah::wah:
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I liked the wall graffiti: If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal.
Oscar Namechange

el guapo;1051827 wrote: hit a raw nerve there have i :wah::wah::wah::wah::wah::wah::wah::wah:

Not a raw nerve, just that there's a lot more to Oscar and The Stranglers than i dare say :wah::wah:
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1051830 wrote: I liked the wall graffiti: If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal.

It is illegal, only it's a class C crime. In other words.. not worth plod getting off his arss to go and look at :wah:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1051844 wrote: It is illegal, only it's a class C crime. In other words.. not worth plod getting off his arss to go and look at :wah:

Do you know that it's impossible to find the Acts of Parliament in the Reference Libraries now. Not only that, if you do manage to find them, the bit of law you want to find is buried deep in another enactment that you would never have thought it would a part of. Like the law governing when employees should be given tea-breaks.
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1051874 wrote: Do you know that it's impossible to find the Acts of Parliament in the Reference Libraries now. Not only that, if you do manage to find them, the bit of law you want to find is buried deep in another enactment that you would never have thought it would a part of. Like the law governing when employees should be given tea-breaks.

Oh god, tell me about it???

I've started using google alot more now. I must admit, I don't rely on Wikki 100%.

I used to use the public library a great deal but they just don't have what you want any-more.

I have tried even on google to get the exact law on several questions i have but it's a mine-field of pages and pages of sites to trawl through.

I said this on another thread but i was at a pubic/police meeting recently and a policespokestwat was telling us he had caught the most prolific graffitti artiste in our area. He arrrested him and under questioning he confessed to 30 other graffitti crimes. It is illegal as it's criminal damage but i know how hard it is to find links.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1051890 wrote: Oh god, tell me about it???

I've started using google alot more now. I must admit, I don't rely on Wikki 100%.

I used to use the public library a great deal but they just don't have what you want any-more.

I have tried even on google to get the exact law on several questions i have but it's a mine-field of pages and pages of sites to trawl through.

I said this on another thread but i was at a pubic/police meeting recently and a policespokestwat was telling us he had caught the most prolific graffitti artiste in our area. He arrrested him and under questioning he confessed to 30 other graffitti crimes. It is illegal as it's criminal damage but i know how hard it is to find links.

I thought you'd misspelt that word. But in view of the second word I've highlighted, perhaps you haven't.:thinking:
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

oscar another for ya

YouTube - GORDON BROWN SPIN MORE LIES
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1051904 wrote: I thought you'd misspelt that word. But in view of the second word I've highlighted, perhaps you haven't.:thinking:

Well the meeting was full of ****s :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

el guapo;1051908 wrote: oscar another for ya

YouTube - GORDON BROWN SPIN MORE LIES

Is this devotion from you because you love me.... Or are you trying to get me to support the twat Party instead of King Gordon???????:wah:
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

oscar;1051917 wrote: Is this devotion from you because you love me.... Or are you trying to get me to support the twat Party instead of King Gordon???????:wah:

ya know i love ya ang ya retarded mate gordon:wah::wah::wah:
Oscar Namechange

el guapo;1051922 wrote: ya know i love ya ang ya retarded mate gordon:wah::wah::wah:
This is supposed to be a serious thread to debate the economic genious of our Great One.

When you insult my Prime Minister.. The Right Honerable Mr Gordon Brown... I just put my fingers in my ears and sing la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la very loudly.

:yh_dance:yh_dance:yh_dance:yh_dance:yh_dance
Mia

Post by Mia »

Ha ha, so how come we are all still broke after supermarket shop and filling our cars with petrol.Not to mention the huge increase in gas electric and water rates increase, A lot of pensioners on a pittance will die this year as they cannot afford to heat their homes, or eat properly. The youngsters will loose their jobs because of big recession coming,lets face it we are all in for a very rough ride. Not Gordons fault, who to blame I am saying nothing.
Oscar Namechange

Mia;1051975 wrote: Ha ha, so how come we are all still broke after supermarket shop and filling our cars with petrol.Not to mention the huge increase in gas electric and water rates increase, A lot of pensioners on a pittance will die this year as they cannot afford to heat their homes, or eat properly. The youngsters will loose their jobs because of big recession coming,lets face it we are all in for a very rough ride. Not Gordons fault, who to blame I am saying nothing.

It's not that bad... Honest!! The press are to blame for alot of the doom and gloom put in us.

One of the new announcements i forgot to mention is an increase on the £200 cold weather payment for pensiors to cover any fuel prices.

He has also just sealed a deal with the Saudi's. I'm not sure on the ins and outs of that yet but i'm told, it's a success.

When he implements the £500 tax break for every-one, it will compensate for any increases.

He has also committed himself to investing millions into creating more jobs.

I honestly believe that he has done what he can to help family's. Interest rates cut, lending rate cut, and a tax and fuel cut. I'd like to see the Tory's manage that in the 3 weeks it took Gordon Brown to do it.

The shock labour victory over the Scottish National party in glenrothes was the big test and the result shows that people are backing him and the government.

When you look at other countrie's and the un-certainty they are in. We are far better off.

Gordon Brown borrowed the least amount of money in his position as Chancellor than any other European or Western Country. It could have been worse, i.e. Iceland.. banckrupt over night owing 36 billion to the world.

Any-one who does find them-selves out of work, should be gratefull that we have a benifit system that is the envy of the world. Interest of mortgages will be paid by the DHS meaning no-one need be evicted and with Income Support, no-one starves. (Not even the pensioner). The Labour government introduced pension credit. Anyone reachimg 60 yrs old who does not have a private pension and is out of work has their Income support doubled. I don't know of any other country that does that. By the way, that is one of the cut backs the Tory's have talked about abolishing if they get in. If you vote Tory, you will be making pensioners poor again. No more pension credit.

If Gordon Brown is defeated in a general election.. then we will have a recession, but not now right at this minute. The tax breaks are also helping small business's survive.

There are no cut backs announced as far as i know for health and education.

I don't really know what else he can do except spread jam on it for you.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1051715 wrote: HE JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER

The plonker could call an election and see if he can get re-elected.

YouTube - Gordon Brown 'Jilted Gordon'

If you offend easily do NOT look

YouTube - Gordon Brown: I'm A Wanker

:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1051995 wrote: The plonker could call an election and see if he can get re-elected.

YouTube - Gordon Brown 'Jilted Gordon'

If you offend easily do NOT look

YouTube - Gordon Brown: I'm A Wanker

:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much. :wah:

Did you see the vid i linked for you of Pressa flicking the 'V's' at the SNP supporters??

:o:o glenrothes:o:o
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Why the world should envy Britian ?

Well I suppose because the only way is up. Having just returned I'm sorry to say I couldn't see much good about it.

In the last 20 years it's gone downhill fast the social structure seems to be falling apart everyday is the same Sunday is just another day of the week there no chance to stop and take stock.

The kids are roaming the streets stabbing each other, the constant howling of police sirens makes you wonder what poor s0d has been done over this time. We saw kids eating their Sunday dinners in cafes no doubt because their parents were working to satisfy the constant consumer greed.

I think we all realize Oscar is a Gorden Brown fan... but please give it a rest :-5
Oscar Namechange

Victoria;1052030 wrote: the constant howling of police sirens makes you wonder what poor s0d has been done over this time.

I think we all realize Oscar is a Gorden Brown fan... but please give it a rest :-5

You've got police in your area???? You mean that you actually have some out there doing their job??? Blimey, things are definately on the up.

Victoria, i have never understood why any-one continue's on a thread if they really hate what the topic is about. It's a little like me logging on to a Kerry katona thread and then complaining that every-one is talking about kerry Katona.

What quality's as a future leader would you see in David Cameron or Nick Clegg??

Just to get off the subject of the Great One for you.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Scrat;1052171 wrote: Y'know, this whole thing kind of stinks. So every British citizen is going to get a tax cut? Is this going to amount to anything over there? And as for the money that will show up in the peoples hands (maybe??) what will they spend it on? Stuff made in China?

We're living in spooky times, so far nothing has seemed to save the US economy from sliding further into recession/depression and it definitely will get worse in the coming months.

Is this going to make a difference?

I think we're making a big mistake.

Instead of doing it in a way that is simple he uses means tested benefits that are costly to administer and act as a disincentive to save. The pension credit-if you have savings over £6,000 you start losing £1 a week for every £500 over that amount. The thing is there are forms to fill in to claim that somebody assesses and it's done every year-costs a fortune. We have a minimum income guarantee to bring everybody up to a certain level-but if you have a small pension that brings you up to that level you don't get any extra and end up no better off than someone who hasn't saved a penny. He has also single handedly destroyed private company pensions schemes so that from having one of the best systems in europe they're effectively shutting schemes down wholesale. GB loves regulation and govt being in control. We have departments collecting statistics so they can prove how effective they are to the extent that making the stats look good becomes the sole aim of local govt. classic goal displacement. things like schools getting clobbered for poor results with no account taken of what kind of catchment areas they are in or whether some kind of pupil selection is actually taking place that affect results. There's no point having statistics if you can't understand them.

The people who pay proportionately most tax are those on middle incomes-GB also introduced a whole range of indirect taxation that hit people on lowest incomes the most. The tax cuts are basically smoke and mirrors that really fool no one. Reduce headline rates of direct tax and put up indirect taxation hits the lowest earners the most. Trouble is the other parties play the same game. Despite having a political party with nominally socialist credentials they've moved away from that to centre right.

There's a lot of good about our welfare state but there is also a lot of daft things. At the heart of it is the idea that no one is left destitute and starving or deprived of medical care because of poverty. All should have equal access to healthcare regardless of wealth. Only a complete idiot would think we have things exactly right.

Americans need to find their own way and should really stop trying to copy other countries when our basic attitudes are so different and stop using labels to try and prevent ideas being discussed rationally. We just would not put up with your medical care system work out your own answers

You said in another post you don't really understand british domestic politics-I don't really understand american domestic politics so i think i know exactly what you mean. There is a common background and culture we in the UK all share which is vastly different from the US.

Key thing to remember-if any posts appear to make no sense and are inconsistent the odds are it is a daily mail reader posting:sneaky:
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

oscar;1052101 wrote: You've got police in your area???? You mean that you actually have some out there doing their job??? Blimey, things are definately on the up.

Victoria, i have never understood why any-one continue's on a thread if they really hate what the topic is about. It's a little like me logging on to a Kerry katona thread and then complaining that every-one is talking about kerry Katona.

What quality's as a future leader would you see in David Cameron or Nick Clegg??

Just to get off the subject of the Great One for you.

I commmented because this is a discussion not a party political broadcast.

I don't hate what the topic is about I have a great love of Britain and the English language. I mearly commented on the slide it has seen in recent years.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Victoria;1052251 wrote: I commmented because this is a discussion not a party political broadcast.

I don't hate what the topic is about I have a great love of Britain and the English language. I mearly commented on the slide it has seen in recent years.

Go back to any decade in any century and you will find similar sentiments being expressed. I left school in the seventies. Life is a damn sight better for school leavers now than it was then. society is a lot less violent than it was back then and there is less tolerance of bullying, sexism partner and child abuse than there was. There never was a rosy past time when things were so much better and everybody lived happily ever after. There's always going to be problems and there will always be papers like the daily mail that like big scare stories to persuade people to be afraid. Most teenagers and young people are considerate and thoughtful and vastly better informed than in the past but you wouldn't think that if you just read the press. Remember band aid and all the criticism about how it should be left to their betters? that was a younger generation embarrassing their elders in to doing something. It still goes on politicians always seem to end up as self seeking hypocrites that pursue their own agenda.

posted by victoria

In the last 20 years it's gone downhill fast the social structure seems to be falling apart everyday is the same Sunday is just another day of the week there no chance to stop and take stock.

Did anyone stop you going to church? what we don't have now is a religious minority getting their own way and dictating how people spend their sunday. You can say what you like but it's a good thing we are a more secular and tiolerant society and all the better fot it.

Gordon has got to go. He's clearly starting to think he has a right to be where he is.

MPs seek to censor the media

MPs seek to censor the media - UK Politics, UK - The Independent
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1052238 wrote:

Key thing to remember-if any posts appear to make no sense and are inconsistent the odds are it is a daily mail reader posting:sneaky:

That's it gmc-- when in doubt--attack the Daily mail, Jesus your as bad as Galbally.

To put the record straight.. I am not so deluded to think that The Great One is not responsible in any way for the past years. I also do not think that he is the greatest thing this country ever saw.

The reason of my post is that considering the shyte other countrie's are in around the world, especially America, At least we have a leader actually doing some-thing other than talk and he is sticking to his promises at the moment.. another rarity in British Politics.

He may not be the best Prime Minister this country ever saw but compared to the rest of the world, he has achieved a huge amount in a short few weeks.

The thrashing you got on you own turf by Gordon Brown in Glenrothes should tell you something and don't start whinging about the turn-out. I heard the Tory's whinging about that all day yesterday at our Rememberence Sunday Day.

Another question i asked Victoria... What is the alternative?? Cameron or Clegg? All they have to offer is a reduction in borrowing and cut-backs.

I have to say that there are many things that i am not happy with the Great One over. I haven't read enough yet to fully understand the full impact of the deal with Saudi Arabia but what i have read, alarms me and i don't like it.

You are absolutely correct in your reply to Victoria in that things were more violent years ago. We have not had a slide and i agree that the Nationals use scare monger tactics. I won't go into details but in the 70's there was far more gang culture and horrific violence. Victoria must be un-ware of rival skinhead gangs, hells Angels, Mods, Rockers etc. My God, you should have seen Brighton Prom ona bank holiday. That was real violence that the police couldn't even begin to deal with.
Bez

Post by Bez »

The one thing he could do would be to reduce or eliminate income tax paid on personal pensions that people have saved up for all their working lives. I pay 20% tax for another 3 years then it goes down a bit....it would give me a another £25 per week then I wouldn't have to be siiting here with my coat on :mad:....apart from that I would stick with G.B. as I haven't heard one positive idea from anyone else.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Oscar Namechange

Bez;1052574 wrote: The one thing he could do would be to reduce or eliminate income tax paid on personal pensions that people have saved up for all their working lives. I pay 20% tax for another 3 years then it goes down a bit....it would give me a another £25 per week then I wouldn't have to be siiting here with my coat on :mad:....apart from that I would stick with G.B. as I haven't heard one positive idea from anyone else.
Yes i agree, Income tax on personal pension's needs to be addressed.

I ask the Tory Councillors i mix with around here what an alternative to the Brown government is, and all i hear is waffle about what Brown's failings are. Not, what they will be doing to form a government should they win the next general Election. To be honest, the more i hear people bash this country and bash Gordon Brown, the more defensive i become. As i said to Victoria earlier, What do you want him to do? Spread jam on it for you??

He doe's have a long way to go and home policie's need a major over-haul. At the moment, he is all we've got and i just think, Credit where credit's due.

Any-one who bashes our NHS should only have to look as far as Ireland. An absolutely draconian system that is a shambles.

Some people need to step out of their insular surroundings and just have a look at other countrie's. Even in the Modern civilised world of America, there are more poor people truely suffering from poverty and home-lessness. Then if we want to really feel better about our country, they should look at the pictures of Zimbabwe or the Congo coming in. If they want to bash our crime figures, then take a look in 'Kingston, Jamaica' or 'El Salvador' for example.

Britain has bred a nation of spoilt ungrateful individuals who believe that living on benifit is a life-style not a short term means. The reason that operations got cancelled is by constant drain on the health service by these ungrateful gits. I watched a documentary about a the ambulence service here and i was truely disgusted at the selfish bastards who call out our paramedics for nothing. They should start fining them.

I agree with gmc in that the changes Brown has made are a small step but Jesus it's better than nothing which at the moment sums up America and Ireland. He has only been in a year and has had most of his time taken up by the global economic disaster, not just here. I just think that if he can do this in a few short weeks, maybe, we are actually seeing a strong leader for Britain finally in the making.

I find the biggest whingers and critics of Gordon Brown are the selfish greedy arsse-holes who have gone out and spent their credit to the max. No-one put a gun to their heads and made them buy. Now it's getting tough and it's payback time, they are the first to whinge that the People Carrier they bought to transport one 2 yr old to Nursery is being re-possessed.. Oh and it's all Gordon Brown's fault.

People in this country should take a damn good look at their capitalisitc greedy life-style instead of blaming everything and everybody around them.

Mr Oscar says that all the pensioners are queuing at the post Offices this morning as they all recieved their £200 cold weather payment this morning, that by the way, Gordon Brown has declared, he is increasing. Nice One :-6:-6:-6
Oscar Namechange

I've just been told by my pensioner neighbour that indeed, the cold weather payment has been increased as promised. last year they got £200 and this morning everyone got £250 an increase of £50. Apparently, the government is also giveing an extra £10 at Christmas... EVERY LITTLE HELPS?? :-6:-6:-6
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bez;1052574 wrote: The one thing he could do would be to reduce or eliminate income tax paid on personal pensions that people have saved up for all their working lives. I pay 20% tax for another 3 years then it goes down a bit....it would give me a another £25 per week then I wouldn't have to be siiting here with my coat on :mad:....apart from that I would stick with G.B. as I haven't heard one positive idea from anyone else.

No chance of that. First thing he did when chancellor was reduce the tax credit on pension funds by 10%. He's been raiding private pensions and private company pensions to the tune of £5 billion a year ever since. Guess one of the reasons so many company schemes are being wound up.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1052853 wrote: No chance of that. First thing he did when chancellor was reduce the tax credit on pension funds by 10%. He's been raiding private pensions and private company pensions to the tune of £5 billion a year ever since. Guess one of the reasons so many company schemes are being wound up.

There is talk that he is restoring this.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Oscar is right about our already rubbish health system, its now a shambles, in fact its a national disgrace. :(
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1052929 wrote: There is talk that he is restoring this.

Will he pay back all the money he's taken? No of course not. The man's a chancer. You know the more you go on about how wonderful he is the more I am starting to dislike him.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1053050 wrote: Will he pay back all the money he's taken? No of course not. The man's a chancer. You know the more you go on about how wonderful he is the more I am starting to dislike him.

You didn't read my posts prior. I said, at the moment, he's all we've got, the changes are small as i agreed with you. I said that at least he has made change which i haven't seen yet in America or Ireland.

I also said that he has a long way to go on home policie's. I am simply asking everyone.. what has Cameron and Clegg got as an alternative??

No-body seems to be able to tell me :confused::confused:
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1053073 wrote: You didn't read my posts prior. I said, at the moment, he's all we've got, the changes are small as i agreed with you. I said that at least he has made change which i haven't seen yet in America or Ireland.

I also said that he has a long way to go on home policie's. I am simply asking everyone.. what has Cameron and Clegg got as an alternative??

No-body seems to be able to tell me :confused::confused:

Bugger all basically. What we need is an election and a hung parliament.

Return to “Current Political Events”