My little brother

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
Victoria

My little brother

Post by Victoria »

Last night nov 5th was bonfire night in the UK and as has become the tradition my mother let off a single but very large and special rocket for my little brother because it was his birthday or at least it would have been , his 37th to be precise.

I clearly remember that evening in 1971 when after dinner my dad said 'shall we go and see if your mum has bought you a new brother or sister'? My other two brothers and I jumped up excitedly and all got ready for the short walk to the hospital. it was early about 6pm so there were a few fireworks going off but not that many.

We got to the hospital and dad spoke to a nurse then we had to wait what seemed like ages until the nurse re-appeared with a blanket and in the blanket was our new just born baby brother.

Neal (previously the youngest) looked at him and said 'ooh yuk he's all dirty'.

The nurse looked at him sternly and said 'and so are you after you've been playing. Now its time for your brother to have a bath and time for you to be in bed'

We all laughed and got our coats on ready to go home again. As we happily skipped home (Neal fell and grazed his chin) I remember the fireworks now going off all around us and it seemed at that moment as if the whole world was celebrating the birth of our brother with us..

We will never know why our little brother choose to end his life in 1995 just 4 days before his 24th birthday, but every year my mother lights that rocket for him and as the sky lights up with the sparkling of fireworks it once again seems as if the world is sharing in our celebration of his life.
abbey

My little brother

Post by abbey »

:yh_flowerWhat a lovely, very sad post. ((:yh_hugs))
Chezzie

My little brother

Post by Chezzie »

Wow that made me fill up, as Abs said a beautiful but sad post.

Best wishes Victoria:-4

southern yankee

My little brother

Post by southern yankee »

to lose a sibling must be heart wrenching:-1
Imladris

My little brother

Post by Imladris »

:-4 a lovely, moving post.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Nomad

My little brother

Post by Nomad »

Blessings.....
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

My little brother

Post by Odie »

a beautiful and moving post.

god bless.
Life is just to short for drama.
neil

My little brother

Post by neil »

Victoria;1047414 wrote: Last night nov 5th was bonfire night in the UK and as has become the tradition my mother let off a single but very large and special rocket for my little brother because it was his birthday or at least it would have been , his 37th to be precise.

I clearly remember that evening in 1971 when after dinner my dad said 'shall we go and see if your mum has bought you a new brother or sister'? My other two brothers and I jumped up excitedly and all got ready for the short walk to the hospital. it was early about 6pm so there were a few fireworks going off but not that many.

We got to the hospital and dad spoke to a nurse then we had to wait what seemed like ages until the nurse re-appeared with a blanket and in the blanket was our new just born baby brother.

Neal (previously the youngest) looked at him and said 'ooh yuk he's all dirty'.

The nurse looked at him sternly and said 'and so are you after you've been playing. Now its time for your brother to have a bath and time for you to be in bed'

We all laughed and got our coats on ready to go home again. As we happily skipped home (Neal fell and grazed his chin) I remember the fireworks now going off all around us and it seemed at that moment as if the whole world was celebrating the birth of our brother with us..

We will never know why our little brother choose to end his life in 1995 just 4 days before his 24th birthday, but every year my mother lights that rocket for him and as the sky lights up with the sparkling of fireworks it once again seems as if the world is sharing in our celebration of his life.

I to lost a little brother many years ago. Its something you never really recover from, the memories never leave you, nor does the sadness. But as my mum used to say, life goes on, and somehow we have to learn how to do just that.

My brother was only 4 when he died, and was a fantastic kid, unfortunately, we never what sort of a man he would have grown into, he was much loved and his loss was heavily felt by those who knew him.

I sympathise with you Victoria, its not a nice feeling to loose someone close to you, but somehow we go on, I think its called the human condition :) :-4
flopstock

My little brother

Post by flopstock »

Wow. Great writing. Very touching story.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “Bereaved People”