big brave cop in hospital

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

last thursday at 0530 i had some bad chest pain. after receiving a sound bollocking from Bothwell i went to doctor office. he took one look at me and called sheriff dept. to send a cruiser to take me to ER stat. (he is our dept. doctor). so next thing i know i am in ICU. after two days of stress tests, radioactive isotope nuclear medicine x-rays, sonograms, blood work for enzymes which indicate whether there is a cardiac event, and everything but a pregnancy test they say i can go home. i get dressed and can't wait to get out of my imprisonment. then the on-call guy comes in and says "we think you have lung embolisms and could have a stroke any minute". he is lucky i am not armed. (you have to understand this guy has misdiagnosed me 4 times before). so they take me to have CAT scan. but they need to inject me with a dye. OK. well it took 7 tries to start an IV on me since my veins had collapsed at that point. SEVEN needle sticks up my hands and arms, all EXTREMELY painful. they kept apologizing. not their fault. but the big bad cop was now sobbing, the tears running down my face. i've been shot, beaten up, pepper-sprayed, tased and had a heart attack on the job....but this was worse. i was crying like a baby. they said "shall we quit?" i said no, i have to know the result. at 0300 the sweet nurse woke me up and told me i was OK, no embolisms. i am really glad to be home now.
venus

Post by venus »

ok l admit if that had been me l wouldn't have just been crying l would have screamed the places down and then passed out needle phobic

i am glad to hear that you are feeling better, so do they have any clue? or is the same doc just gonna keep guessing until they finally get it right, hopefully before you turn 90!:-5
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
abbey

Post by abbey »

Better to be safe than sorry LC.

Welcome Home xxx
theia

Post by theia »

You've really been through a lot lately, lc. It might not feel like it to you sometimes but you've certainly got an incredible inner strength that gets you through. Take care.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Hi venus...yes, i have a clue...i am NEVER EVER going to hospital again, EVER. i feel fine now, just tired. i also put it on record that the doc in question is never to come within 97 feet of me again. i have a good friend who was in hospital a few months ago...he wrote on her notes that she was obese and an alcoholic. she is tiny and does not drink!! he told me i had a brain aneurysm and scared the hell out of me, so i went to a neurologist who said the guy was dead wrong. but i spent months in fear. i think this guy spends all his time reading the AMA journal and imagining things. when he discharged me yesterday i told him i was going to give him a speeding ticket before he got out of his parking space. :D
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Abbey and Theia...thankyou. i may seem tough but sometimes i just weep. xoxoxox
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

lady cop wrote: Abbey and Theia...thankyou. i may seem tough but sometimes i just weep. xoxoxox
Everybody weeps. It's what keeps you sane. I try not to weep. :o

We're here for ya!
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

thanks.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Sorry you had to go through all of that. Tears are a normal human funtion. I have to admit I've shed a few.

I'll be praying you recover quickly and never have to experience that again.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Why is this doctor allowed to practice?:-5

I'm telling you, they don't hit my vein for an I.V. or blood work, I tell them for every 3 times they jab my arm, I get to jab their butt once. Amazing how quickly they find a way to do it!
jasmund

Post by jasmund »

-LC, my heart is pouring out empathy for you, I also have had a thalium done(radio active junk injected, and the lung embolism test, which for me felt like I was on fire from the inside out.) Take some quality time off if you can, I know you love your job, but what about being a department detective on the bomb squad, wouldnt that be LESS STRESSFUL Just kiddin, Ha. Ha.

Saying a prayer for you, soooooooooo glad you are OK.

-god bless,

Jas
cars

Post by cars »

lady cop wrote: Hi venus...yes, i have a clue...i am NEVER EVER going to hospital again, EVER. i feel fine now, just tired. i also put it on record that the doc in question is never to come within 97 feet of me again. i have a good friend who was in hospital a few months ago...he wrote on her notes that she was obese and an alcoholic. she is tiny and does not drink!! he told me i had a brain aneurysm and scared the hell out of me, so i went to a neurologist who said the guy was dead wrong. but i spent months in fear. i think this guy spends all his time reading the AMA journal and imagining things. when he discharged me yesterday i told him i was going to give him a speeding ticket before he got out of his parking space. :D

Hey LC, glad you are doing better!!! It's surprising that Bozo of a so-called doctor has not been sued for "mal-practice" by someone yet. Maybe you should consider it, that would get somewhat even with him! Although spending months in fear, is nothing you can really put a price on! So it would just be for the principle of it!

Well take good care of & even spoil yourself, let "others" do for you. Just relax & stay calm, cool, & collected!! (If that's at all possible) :)
Cars :)
scotty

Post by scotty »

Lady Cop good to see you back , Now plenty of rest .

Hope you get these ok, its the first time I have sent flowers by internet LOL a whole new meaning to Interflora

All the Best

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Big brave cop is human like the rest of us. :-4

Boy I have had some of the most invasive test you can imagine. I had one similar to the dye test. They put me on a table that spun around.. they needed to get the dye in the spinal canal.. well let me tell you, when they say you may feel a little burning.. SCREW THAT I WAS ON FIRE..YOU CAN'T SCREAM THE PAIN IS SO GREAT NOTHING COMES OUT.:D

I feel for you sweetie.. get a new primary care physician, and never say never.. your health isssues must be cared for, and you play a key role in that... with the proper doctor you will be surprised how managable your health issues are.:-4 This is the 21 century medicine today is designed to make life easier.:cool:

LOVE U SWEETIE, GLAD YOUR FEELING BETTER..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

pina

Post by pina »

Sorry to hear about your episode at the hospital, I´m just surprised you didn´t shoot them all.

Take things easy for a while and make sure you get fit, we need you in FG not in hospital. :-4

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I had some gastric-type tests once. I had to chug glass after glass of barium as they watched it go down via Xray. That wasn't so tough because I've been out with the boys occasionally. Then I had to drink a lot of seltzer or something and resist belching. That wasn't so tough because I've been out with girls occasionally. Isn't it something, how dating helps prepare you for later life? :rolleyes:
conanscaseclosed

Post by conanscaseclosed »

LC, I like what I have read from you. Glad your ok.

BUT, Do you want this blow hard to keep up this misdiagnosing you, your friends or others? Report him to the hospital adminastration at least. I cant say "law suit".

Take 2 vitamens and write us in the morning. lol
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

thankyou everyone for kind and good wishes and Scotty the flowers are lovely! makes my day :) .....i turned the phone off and slept all day after i spoke with Bothwell, and nobody woke me up to torture me! WHOO HOO! i will say this in all seriousness in re: the doctor who trained at the purple dinosaur school of medicine in east armpit third world nation....i am writing a formal complaint with the hospital admin. --so is my friend the "obese alcoholic". i can understand an overabundance of caution, but this was ridiculous. i am also letting the sheriff dept. physician know to warn others in whatever oblique manner he can. this guy seems to believe he has a quota to meet vis-a-vis inappropriate invasive testing, well i can't wait to catch him robbing the 7-11. :D all he has to do is buy a coke, and if i'm wrong, oh well, the judge can sort it out. :wah:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Here's a thought: forget the doctor for now. Sure, you're pissed he's screwed up, so am I, for freaking you the way he has. Is this what's important right now? No. What's important? You getting better. Taking care of YOU. Tafe your fu*king meds, quit playing god with your body, and fight this thing. The ass-kicking cop is in there, you just have to find her again, and when you do, she will knock this sickness into the next zip code. See all the people here who care? You're not alone, not by any stretch. So do what you have to do. I have no compunction writing Bothwell here and extracting a promise from him to force-feed you your meds. And I'll get it.

Glad you're home, glad you're feeling better. I love you.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i love you too. :-4
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

WOOO LC BR MEANS BUSINESS.. ;)

Well done BR, To this I might add write the letter, and then get on the phone and get a new physician immediately, screw him and the horse he came in on. Don't dwell on what happened yesterday, today is here work with that, and then tomorrow, then the next day.. Life is short I don't give a crap about last week, it's today that you need to work on. PRIORITIES.. you your health, taking your medication, making your appointments, and following through.. :-4 :-4

WE LOVE YOU AND WANT YOU AND BOTHWELL THE LIVE HAPPLY EVER AFTER ;)

Here's a thought: forget the doctor for now. Sure, you're pissed he's screwed up, so am I, for freaking you the way he has. Is this what's important right now? No. What's important? You getting better. Taking care of YOU. Tafe your fu*king meds, quit playing god with your body, and fight this thing. The ass-kicking cop is in there, you just have to find her again, and when you do, she will knock this sickness into the next zip code. See all the people here who care? You're not alone, not by any stretch. So do what you have to do. I have no compunction writing Bothwell here and extracting a promise from him to force-feed you your meds. And I'll get it.

Glad you're home, glad you're feeling better. I love you.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

valerie

Post by valerie »

That doctor is probably the one who got C's and D's in med school!! :D

My dearest Lady, you need to do what you need to do. We can all beg

plead and cajole 'till the :yh_cow 's come home and no good will come of it.

But try and find it within yourself to figure out a way for you to do it,

I'm sure it's there!

Read something by Norman Cousins. Laugh. Massage. Lavendar oils.

Accupressure/puntcture. MEDS. Find a balance. Write a journal. Stare

at some pretty flowers. Hmmm, cala lillies pehaps? ;) Talk to friends.

Lunch. Look at a butterfly. A hummingbird. Your son's baby pictures.

Meditate. Contemplate your navel. Post a lot here.

(Hey, gang, do you think I hid "meds" in there good enough?)

:yh_rotfl
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

this one scared me so badly i am taking the meds until i puke, then take them again! Bothwell really got to me, said he didn't want to be holding me while i drew my last breath. that really made me cry. i am going to do whatever it takes to get back the big mean old cop!!! and none of you will ever know how much you help. :yh_angel :yh_angel :yh_love :yh_flower
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

:yh_clap Now that's the LC we all know & love. No badguy will ever get her down!
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

LC,

Now your making me cry..:-4 you are so special to me as you know. I only want you to be the bad ass cop you were, maybe a little bit different but with the same spirit you have always had. You deserve to be happy with Bothwell and I hope you know this man loves you soo.. Glad to hear your taking them meds... YIPPIE..:D

this one scared me so badly i am taking the meds until i puke, then take them again! Bothwell really got to me, said he didn't want to be holding me while i drew my last breath. that really made me cry. i am going to do whatever it takes to get back the big mean old cop!!! and none of you will ever know how much you help.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

yikes:lips:
kmhowe
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

kmhowe72 wrote: yikes:lips:
Which means WHAT, exactly??? :yh_eyebro
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Return to “Health Care”