Apologies for my thread title

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I have just read the moderators note in my recent thread about spam that has been appearing on many web sites. I fully respect and understand your comments about my thread title. It has been noted and I shall think twice about my thread titles in future.

However, I would of appreciated receiving a PM about this instead of the comments posted in my thread about how you think I am being 'a wise arse'.

Like I said, I understand your reasons for needing to get it changed.

Having been away from the forum for a while I did not realise how things have changed, we only need to look back at many older thread titles, to see that this has been accepted in the past.

Comments noted, but a pm in future would be appreciated.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Yes they were correct gestapo in reprimanding you Cornish Hen.

I hope you've learned your lesson !

:p
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

Damn right.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

[moderator note: Look, we moderators have as big a sense of humour as anyone but seriously it's not funny. ForumGarden wants its members to have access both from home and from the workplace. ForumGarden wants revenue from advertisers. Both are jeopardised by thread titles saying Surprise Her With a Bigger Penis. Workplaces have internet filter software and automated blocking, advertisers explicitly limit the sites they'll appear on based on content like this. PLEASE stop with aren't-we-clever thread titles like this, I know it's a merry jape but it leaves a bad taste]

HUH? :-2
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

Okay, I'll fess up, I've been and checked and I actually made a right mess of that.

I changed the thread title on two posts earlier today and dropped a huge paragraph into each of them to explain why I'd done it. The threads are

are you able to grasp the concept of infinity ? (was Penises & Vaginas) and "Surprise Her With a Bigger Penis" spams (was Surprise Her With a Bigger Penis).

The Moderator note I put at the front of each says[moderator note: Look, we moderators have as big a sense of humour as anyone but seriously it's not funny. ForumGarden wants its members to have access both from home and from the workplace. ForumGarden wants revenue from advertisers. Both are jeopardised by thread titles saying Penises & Vaginas. Workplaces have internet filter software and automated blocking, advertisers explicitly limit the sites they'll appear on based on content like this. PLEASE stop with aren't-we-clever thread titles like this, I know it's a merry jape but it leaves a bad taste]And at that point I went off to document it, wrote the first of two posts to the moderator forum and got called away for an hour. When I came back I thought I'd finished it and that what I'd done had notified the Original Posters - the day's been one long back-and-forth with phone support and I'm still ill.

I'm sorry Pheasy and Nomad, yes there were no PMs to you and yes there ought to have been, and if I'd managed the second of the Moderator forum posts then it would have been check-listed and completed properly.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

spot;1039122 wrote: Okay, I'll fess up, I've been and checked and I actually made a right mess of that.

I changed the thread title on two posts earlier today and dropped a huge paragraph into each of them to explain why I'd done it. The threads are

are you able to grasp the concept of infinity ? (was Penises & Vaginas) and "Surprise Her With a Bigger Penis" spams (was Surprise Her With a Bigger Penis).

The Moderator note I put at the front of each says[moderator note: Look, we moderators have as big a sense of humour as anyone but seriously it's not funny. ForumGarden wants its members to have access both from home and from the workplace. ForumGarden wants revenue from advertisers. Both are jeopardised by thread titles saying Penises & Vaginas. Workplaces have internet filter software and automated blocking, advertisers explicitly limit the sites they'll appear on based on content like this. PLEASE stop with aren't-we-clever thread titles like this, I know it's a merry jape but it leaves a bad taste]And at that point I went off to document it, wrote the first of two posts to the moderator forum and got called away for an hour. When I came back I thought I'd finished it and that what I'd done had notified the Original Posters - the day's been one long back-and-forth with phone support and I'm still ill.

I'm sorry Pheasy and Nomad, yes there were no PMs to you and yes there ought to have been, and if I'd managed th e second of the Moderator forum posts then it would have been check-listed and completed properly.

I think a public spanking is in order !! :D :D

Like I said I do apologies, and will refrain from such titles :-6
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;1039122 wrote: Okay, I'll fess up, I've been and checked and I actually made a right mess of that.

The Moderator note I put at the front of each says

[moderator note: Look, we moderators have as big a sense of humour as anyone but seriously it's not funny. ForumGarden wants its members to have access both from home and from the workplace. ForumGarden wants revenue from advertisers. Both are jeopardised by thread titles saying Penises & Vaginas. Workplaces have internet filter software and automated blocking, advertisers explicitly limit the sites they'll appear on based on content like this. PLEASE stop with aren't-we-clever thread titles like this, I know it's a merry jape but it leaves a bad taste]

And at that point I went off to document it, wrote the first of two posts to the moderator forum and got called away for an hour. When I came back I thought I'd finished it and that what I'd done had notified the Original Posters - the day's been one long back-and-forth with phone support and I'm still ill.

I'm sorry Pheasy and Nomad, yes there were no PMs to you and yes there ought to have been, and if I'd managed the second of the Moderator forum posts then it would have been check-listed and completed properly.

I thought you did a marvelous job. Very warden like and for a brief moment truth be told I quivered. Do you ever wear fish net stockings ? :-4
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

Nomad;1039128 wrote: I thought you did a marvelous job. Very warden like and for a brief moment truth be told I quivered. Do you ever wear fish net stockings ? :-4

I've got a cattle prod if that interests you.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;1039129 wrote: I've got a cattle prod if that interests you.

Why does you having a cattle prod not surprise me ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

Nomad;1039131 wrote: Why does you having a cattle prod not surprise me ?

You bring up four children, you need a cattle prod. Stands to reason.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;1039136 wrote: You bring up four children, you need a cattle prod. Stands to reason.

You win.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

In workplaces, employers now have computers that they can see everyone's screens.........I never used the internet at work, or anything else.

Employers may also say 'go ahead and use the computer in your spare time'

be careful what you might think is fine by an employer.

It will be the fault of the employee, not the employer if caught.

My friend was told by her President, 'by all means, use the computer on your lunch hour'...she was later fired.......she was on company time, at a workplace, using they're computers, not hers.

employees beware at work, sometimes who you think you can trust?
Life is just to short for drama.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

spot;1039129 wrote: I've got a cattle prod if that interests you.

Might I suggest that we could have 'the travelling cattle prod', and that Nomad and I get to play with it first? We could play 'see Spot jump' :D:D:D

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflPheasy;1039299 wrote: Might I suggest that we could have 'the travelling cattle prod', and that Nomad and I get to play with it first? We could play 'see Spot jump' :D:D:D

i like you!:-6:wah::wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”