Halloween Costumes

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

Post by southern yankee »

Do you remember your costumes what was your faves?? What was your fav. your child or grandchild wore??.
RedGlitter

Halloween Costumes

Post by RedGlitter »

i remember every one.

One year they bought me a "Skamp" costume (remember Skamp in the Sunday funnies?) I was a teeny kid and cried because I didn't want to wear it. Dumb kid. But after that my mom made all but two of my costumes. Beautiful costumes that she put a lot of work into just for me.:-6

My favorite was the witch costume. I loved that thing, cape, pointy hat it was great. Then there was the angel costume. My mom worked hard on that, getting these big huge body-size wings to attach. They had tinsel garland on them and I also wore a tinsel halo. I loved that outfit too.

Next year I was a ballerina with a costume from Sears catalog.

Then I wore a Miss America costume also from Sears and the plastic crown broke so my mom let me wear her pearl wedding crown. I felt so glamorous strolling the city sidewalks in a pearl crown and sash.

The last homemade costume I wore was that of a pilgrim woman. Homesewn from a pattern.

The last time I dressed as a kid I was about 11 and I dressed as a society lady in a long 70's evening gown and a pillbox hat but apparently I goofed somewhere because this one household thought I looked like the Queen of Siam.

Then about nine years ago I went to a costume party as a glamorous swamp witch. I don't like ugly witches, they have to be pretty ones. Again, my mom made my dress, all ragged and tattery and I ratted my hair and sprayed it with black and grey so it would look like I'd just climbed out of the coffin to attend this party. It was fun, I'd do it again. Dang, I wish I had a scanner so I could show my childhood costumes; they were so cool.
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

RedGlitter;1027631 wrote: i remember every one.

One year they bought me a "Skamp" costume (remember Skamp in the Sunday funnies?) I was a teeny kid and cried because I didn't want to wear it. Dumb kid. But after that my mom made all but two of my costumes. Beautiful costumes that she put a lot of work into just for me.:-6

My favorite was the witch costume. I loved that thing, cape, pointy hat it was great. Then there was the angel costume. My mom worked hard on that, getting these big huge body-size wings to attach. They had tinsel garland on them and I also wore a tinsel halo. I loved that outfit too.

Next year I was a ballerina with a costume from Sears catalog.

Then I wore a Miss America costume also from Sears and the plastic crown broke so my mom let me wear her pearl wedding crown. I felt so glamorous strolling the city sidewalks in a pearl crown and sash.

The last homemade costume I wore was that of a pilgrim woman. Homesewn from a pattern.

The last time I dressed as a kid I was about 11 and I dressed as a society lady in a long 70's evening gown and a pillbox hat but apparently I goofed somewhere because this one household thought I looked like the Queen of Siam.

Then about nine years ago I went to a costume party as a glamorous swamp witch. I don't like ugly witches, they have to be pretty ones. Again, my mom made my dress, all ragged and tattery and I ratted my hair and sprayed it with black and grey so it would look like I'd just climbed out of the coffin to attend this party. It was fun, I'd do it again. Dang, I wish I had a scanner so I could show my childhood costumes; they were so cool. i was such a tom boy. always boyish costumes. Like a cowboy, Indian, a ware wolf. a Grizzly bear. Nothing Cute or girly:wah: my daughter was different. one year she was the girl from Grease. then my fav was Rapunzel. the wig was TRASH when she got done:wah:
Oscar Namechange

Halloween Costumes

Post by Oscar Namechange »

A few years back, all the kids here got hold of 'Scream' masks, the oldie's didn't know the film and were terrified, bless em :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

oscar;1027714 wrote: A few years back, all the kids here got hold of 'Scream' masks, the oldie's didn't know the film and were terrified, bless em :wah:poor people. i am glad no body fell over DEAD:-3
mrsK

Halloween Costumes

Post by mrsK »

southern yankee;1027603 wrote: Do you remember your costumes what was your faves?? What was your fav. your child or grandchild wore??.

We don't do the costume thing down here.

Kids like to trick or treat to get lollies,but not many as it isn't that big here.:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Odie

Halloween Costumes

Post by Odie »

I always had to be a black cat, my love for cats started when I was a young kid.......mom made my tail and whiskers and did my face make-up, she also made my full black suit
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

Odie;1027939 wrote: I always had to be a black cat, my love for cats started when I was a young kid.......mom made my tail and whiskers and did my face make-up, she also made my full black suit did that for my daughter one year:)
qsducks

Halloween Costumes

Post by qsducks »

A couple of years ago my sister had a Halloween party and I went as Austin Powers got the whole outfit at at thrift store for under $10.00 and my best friend went as a Titantic survivor. We both won first prize, whoopee, a big bag of candy.:wah:
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

qsducks;1028177 wrote: A couple of years ago my sister had a Halloween party and I went as Austin Powers got the whole outfit at at thrift store for under $10.00 and my best friend went as a Titantic survivor. We both won first prize, whoopee, a big bag of candy.:wah: our local bar. is going to have a Halloween party. going to TRY. to talk hubby into going. Haven't been to one in years. I went as Harpo Marx. My Ex went as Dagwood Bumstead. we had so much fun.:wah:
qsducks

Halloween Costumes

Post by qsducks »

I have already told the kids that I'm not going to the rip off Halloween Adventure stores as we have plenty of stuff here that they can make. I picked up a bat mask for Q for a buck and have the black cape. He's going out as a bat. I save all their costumes.
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

qsducks;1028239 wrote: I have already told the kids that I'm not going to the rip off Halloween Adventure stores as we have plenty of stuff here that they can make. I picked up a bat mask for Q for a buck and have the black cape. He's going out as a bat. I save all their costumes. well i was looking at what you said. it is FUNNY that different parts of the country have different meanings. the word SAVE. in this neck of the woods it means to pick up.. For example. Billy go save your toys. SAVE THEM FROM WHAT?? A fire,drowning????:wah::wah:
qsducks

Halloween Costumes

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1028256 wrote: well i was looking at what you said. it is FUNNY that different parts of the country have different meanings. the word SAVE. in this neck of the woods it means to pick up.. For example. Billy go save your toys. SAVE THEM FROM WHAT?? A fire,drowning????:wah::wah:

:wah:I tell that to Quin all the time. Go save your legos before the big broom goes across the floor and they end up in the trash. I have all costumes from years past in a big bag. Tons of stuff to wear on the big night.
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

qsducks;1028262 wrote: :wah:I tell that to Quin all the time. Go save your legos before the big broom goes across the floor and they end up in the trash. I have all costumes from years past in a big bag. Tons of stuff to wear on the big night. i never heard of that before i moved to Cajun land:wah:
qsducks

Halloween Costumes

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1028274 wrote: i never heard of that before i moved to Cajun land:wah:

The beauty of the English language is everything means something different around the world.:wah:
along-for-the-ride

Halloween Costumes

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Here are some cute costumes. I usually went trick or treating as a hobo. ;)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

along-for-the-ride;1028558 wrote: Here are some cute costumes. I usually went trick or treating as a hobo. ;) my last year of trick or treating i went as the GODFATHER. I was 13. My mom said i looked mean:wah::wah:
southern yankee

Halloween Costumes

along-for-the-ride;1028558 wrote: Here are some cute costumes. I usually went trick or treating as a hobo. ;) the air freshener is darling:-4

Return to “General Chit Chat”