love's last gift rememberance

Discussion group for bereaved people.This forum offers support, understanding, compassion and hope to bereaved people, struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their loved ones.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

jimbo;1007022 wrote: i have not been able to walk poopzilla much my feet have been pretty bad ,but on my mountain bike miles in ceasers camp an ancient roman fort and mile upon mile of unspoiled woodlands. its very hilly and very easy to get lost as we did we went for hours then in the middle of nowhere i came across a bench on a concrete slab and on the bench there was a plaque it said

PIPS SEAT

in loving memory of my beloved husband "PIP"who walked these woods each day with his labrador SAM

LOVES LAST GIFT REMEMBERANCE SYLV 1993

I KNOW I'M A SADDO BUT IT REALLY MOVED ME WHO WAS PIP AND SYLV AND SAM I WILL NEVER KNOW BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL ALL BE WALKING THE GREAT WOODS IN THE SKY TOGETHER

have you ever been really moved by something and is rememberance really loves final gift :thinking::thinking:

aw that is nice Jimbo:-4 I love those remembrance benches:)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

jimbo;1007022 wrote: i have not been able to walk poopzilla much my feet have been pretty bad ,but on my mountain bike miles in ceasers camp an ancient roman fort and mile upon mile of unspoiled woodlands. its very hilly and very easy to get lost as we did we went for hours then in the middle of nowhere i came across a bench on a concrete slab and on the bench there was a plaque it said

PIPS SEAT

in loving memory of my beloved husband "PIP"who walked these woods each day with his labrador SAM

LOVES LAST GIFT REMEMBERANCE SYLV 1993

I KNOW I'M A SADDO BUT IT REALLY MOVED ME WHO WAS PIP AND SYLV AND SAM I WILL NEVER KNOW BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL ALL BE WALKING THE GREAT WOODS IN THE SKY TOGETHER

have you ever been really moved by something and is rememberance really loves final gift :thinking::thinking:

Jimbo - that is really touching.

I totally believe that rememberance is love's last gift

:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

jimbo;1007037 wrote: it was in the middle of nowhere in the thick forset how they got the bench and concrete there is beyond me ,but that woman sylv must of really loved sam and pip to go through all that trouble ,and i had been riding my bike for miles i sat on the bench and my chins wobbled :o:o:o

Aaaaww ;)
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

jimbo;1007044 wrote: in a very manly way you understand :-3:-3:-3:-3
Absolutely :lips:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

You're not a saddo, Jimbo. It would be a hard heart indeed that could walk by that and not be touched, I think.

I don't know if remembrance is love's last gift. I think honor is in there somewhere with it. Whatever it may be, I think love is a gift in itself. Not even Death can touch that. That's pretty powerful stuff.

Thank you friend, for posting this. :-6
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:-4
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Some unexpected moment can move me. A certain song, a scene in a movie I've seen 100 times, children singing, .

I've thought about words on a headstone on a grave and how brief they are. The stone doesn't tell much about the person lying there. But I still stand there in respect, whether I've know them or not. This was a person who lived and walked this earth, laughed, cried............. and someone misses.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G-man

Post by G-man »

That's very moving, Jimbo. I love unexpected memorials like that...

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Jimbo I think your right it is moving and what a rememberance. We have 2 Benches along our beaches here in San Diego. One is for my Father and the Other is for an Aunt. I often go by and see a couple or kids sitting on them just enjoying the view of the ocean. :-6

[QUOTE]love's last gift rememberance [/QUOTE] :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Understandable. Completely. :-4
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

jimbo;1007706 wrote: having read my posts again i realise i must of sounded a bit of a sap :o

its just that here am i a guy missing my daughter gone back to the states not very well , my brothers and my cousine who died ,not feeling or doing to good myself alone in the middle of nowhere looking at a bench of a guy (pip)who like me just loved walking his dog right where i was then, sam the dog missed him just as i miss my loved ones

and sylv the wife was mourning and remembering her beloved husband just as i am missing and remembering my beautifull daughter Natashe who's birthday it would of been tomorow or is tomorrow :(

for jimbo very moving stuff indeed

You did not sound like a "sap" to me, Jimbo. You sound tender and sentimental, which are feelings we all share at times.

PS. You are still "manly" to me. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Men have feelings too,, my hubs is more open to showing his feelings that way than i am actually:o

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

jimbo;1101978 wrote: it would of been/or still is my younger brothers birthday today

cruelly taken from us in a house fire :(

brother all that knew you loved you ,rest in peace till we meet again :-6

(((Hugs))) to ya Jimbo :-4
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

What a special find you made.

I've never heard of remembrance benches. It's a lovely concept. So much nicer than a tombstone as it is part of the world at large, not just a graveyard.

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

jimbo;1102139 wrote: thanks boops:):)

i first found this bench just before what would of been/is my daughter natasha's birthday

i tried to find it again but is in miles and miles of hilly woodland and i could not

then the day before my brothers birthday whilst not even looking for pips bench i found it again ,i came from totally the other direction and there it was

and if someone asked me to take them to it today i dont think i could find it again :thinking::thinking:

Sounds sort of spiritual. It's there when you need it........

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

jimbo;1101978 wrote: it would of been/or still is my younger brothers birthday today

cruelly taken from us in a house fire :(

brother all that knew you loved you ,rest in peace till we meet again :-6

Thinking of you & sending good thoughts your way .:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

jimbo;1102528 wrote: thanks everyone:-6:-6

i have thought of my brother all day ,tried not to be sad and tried to think of the good times the laughes we had :-6:-6

Thinking of someone and what they meant to you, the times you had together, is the best way to keep them with you all the time. Always be thankful for the time you had together. :-4:-6
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

jimbo;1102528 wrote: thanks everyone:-6:-6

i have thought of my brother all day ,tried not to be sad and tried to think of the good times the laughes we had :-6:-6

Hope it made you smile at some of the memories Jim:-4:-4:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Bereaved People”