Oil Prices

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
Philadelphia Eagle

Oil Prices

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

Gal Luft, a spokesman for the Washington based Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, said yesterday in an interview that he saw the prospect of crude oil prices rising to around $60/barrel "in the near future".

"The era of cheap oil may be well and truly over" he said.

This morning oil futures were trading in New York at a little over the $60 mark.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
Hopalong

Oil Prices

Post by Hopalong »

My guess is that the era of cheap oil ended with the present administration's secret development of our energy policy with the help of the US energy industries

top mgmt. You remember - our VP's buddies behind closed doors .

Has anyone here checked today's futures price on a barrel - last time I looked it was over $63. -If you have the money to start getting into solar for the home - now is a good time to start investing.

Hopalong
Jives

Oil Prices

Post by Jives »

Crap...the dream is over. Excuse me, I have to go air up my bicycle tires.:-1

It figures. Just when I get a new truck after driving a piece of junk for the last ten years. And it was a four-cylinder too. It looked terrible, but it got 35 MPG city. My shiny new 4X4 gets about 18. Sheesh!

Oh well, it's not all bad. I live four blocks from the Walmart and four blocks in the other direction from school. So if worse comes to worse...I can ride my bike to everything.

And seriously, I rode a bike (and never drove a car at all) for over 8 years in Phoenix.(and let's not get into why I had to do that, shall we?) You could actually get around better. The sidewalks were as wide as a street, you got to go to the front of the line at streetlights and cross first, and you stayed in shape easily. The only hard thing was balancing the laundry on the handle bars.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”