What on earth does this mean?

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

نیروی زمینی و هوائیارتشبد - سپهبد - سرلشکر - سرتیپ - سرهنگ - سرگرد - سروان - ستوان - استوار - گروهبان - سرجوخه -

سربازنیروی دریاییدریابان - دریادار - دریاسالار - مهناوی - ناواستوار - ناوبانیار - ناوبان - ناوسالار - ناوسروان - ناویسپاه و نیروی مقاومت بسیجمجاهد - دریادل - رزمجو - رزمنده - رزمیار - رزمدار - رزمآورالقاببزرگارتشداران - تیمسار - امیر - سردار - this was sent to me in an IM
Smoke signals ftw!
abbey

Post by abbey »

It means you're a cheeky monkey. :wah:
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

Omni_Skittles;843413 wrote: نیروی زمینی و هوائیارتشبد - سپهبد - سرلشکر - سرتیپ - سرهنگ - سرگرد - سروان - ستوان - استوار - گروهبان - سرجوخه -

سربازنیروی دریاییدریابان - دریادار - دریاسالار - مهناوی - ناواستوار - ناوبانیار - ناوبان - ناوسالار - ناوسروان - ناویسپاه و نیروی مقاومت بسیجمجاهد - دریادل - رزمجو - رزمنده - رزمیار - رزمدار - رزمآورالقاببزرگارتشداران - تیمسار - امیر - سردار - this was sent to me in an IM

its Iranian
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Direct translation:

Dear Omni,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;

I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

I love thee with a passion put to use

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

or something like that..
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Sounds like someone really likes you there Skittles from that translation, and sent in such a mysterious way too!!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I thought it was evidence that our chickens have come home to roost. That there's their scratchin'. :D
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

* I think it means summer is here?* :-6
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Accountable;843494 wrote: I thought it was evidence that our chickens have come home to roost. That there's their scratchin'. :D
:wah::wah::wah:
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Aubergine Delux (Halim Bademjan) Fried mashed Aubergine mixed with lentil, walnut, garlic,

served with fried onion, lamb meat, sour cream.

Followed by Baba Barg lamb in saffron and butter gently barbequed meat marinated. Then dessert of Falodeh

You must of got in touch with the local iranian take away :wah::wah::wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Maybe it means blah, blah, blah. :wah:
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

1st word is....Corporal
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

seems strange get it cheaked out
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

mikeinie;843430 wrote: Direct translation:

Dear Omni,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's

Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;

I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

I love thee with a passion put to use

In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,

I shall but love thee better after death.

or something like that..

Your kidding me...
Smoke signals ftw!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

It means, "It's a small world after all."
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

el guapo;844264 wrote: 1st word is....Corporal

How do you know, mister?

:D

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Omni_Skittles;844328 wrote: Your kidding me...

No I am not kidding, that's what its says.. oh ya, at the end it asks you to pass the message on to Mikeinie.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

along-for-the-ride;844386 wrote: How do you know, mister?

:D

cut paste n google

:)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

But did you get the right first word? Sanscrit (sp?) is read right to left. :)
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Omni_Skittles;843413 wrote: نیروی زمینی و هوائیارتشبد - سپهبد - سرلشکر - سرتیپ - سرهنگ - سرگرد - سروان - ستوان - استوار - گروهبان - سرجوخه -

I would delete this Omni. It would be interesting to get a correct translation though !! Maybe it's an order for bomb-making ingredients which found the wrong destination !!! :sneaky::(
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

My son has just suggested to me to advise you to take a copy of it and take it to the police for a translation - it could be anything, or nothing. But in this climate it would be safest to err on the side of caution, regardless of peoples 'funny' comments.

Is there a 'senders' I.D. email address. Did it include other recipients addresses ?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Or, cut & paste it onto a website that offers translations free.
Snidely Whiplash

Post by Snidely Whiplash »

Accountable;843494 wrote: I thought it was evidence that our chickens have come home to roost. :D
I just spit my soda all over my keypad when I read that one....!!! LOL... :wah::wah:
wardah

Post by wardah »

it's farsi. if you're genuinely interested in what it says - i'm guessing it's spam - then i can email it to an iranian friend of mine if you like?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

*raises hand* I'm mildly curious
wardah

Post by wardah »

ok well i've sent it to my friend, but he's got exams on at the mo and doesn't get to the internet that often so may take quite a while. mean times tho, i had a look at it, and with the aid of a bit of arabic-inspired guessing and an online dictionary, it seems to say:

x-overland-admiral-general-general/brigadier-colonel-major-captain-lieutenant-warrant officer-sergeant-corporal- etc etc

can't work out all of the words, but basically it seems just to be a list of military roles, I bet if it was sent from a middle eastern computer it set all sorts of alarm bells ringing! in fact, the syrian mukhabarat may well be on their way to seize my computer just for reading it - time to go before i get deported!... :wah:

زمینی = overland, terestrial

سرلشکر = major, general

سرهنگ = colonel

سروان = captain

ستوان = lieutenant

استوار = warrant officer
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Omni!!! Have you been arrested? If they start pouring water on your head be sure to hold your breath.. If someone named Jack Bauer shows up just tell him whatever he wants to hear..:wah:
G-man

Post by G-man »

wardah;851550 wrote: ok well i've sent it to my friend, but he's got exams on at the mo and doesn't get to the internet that often so may take quite a while. mean times tho, i had a look at it, and with the aid of a bit of arabic-inspired guessing and an online dictionary, it seems to say:

x-overland-admiral-general-general/brigadier-colonel-major-captain-lieutenant-warrant officer-sergeant-corporal- etc etc

can't work out all of the words, but basically it seems just to be a list of military roles, I bet if it was sent from a middle eastern computer it set all sorts of alarm bells ringing! in fact, the syrian mukhabarat may well be on their way to seize my computer just for reading it - time to go before i get deported!... :wah:

زمینی = overland, terrestrial

سرلشکر = major, general

سرهنگ = colonel

سروان = captain

ستوان = lieutenant

استوار = warrant officer

Very good, Wardah. Names, ranks, locations, musical instruments... essentially info about these individuals. :)

Some of this doesn't translate well in English, but... here goes:

Peru Zemin and Hoaiarachbd - سپهبد - سرلشکر - سرتيپ - سرهنگ - سرگرد - cypress - and - Astewar - گروهبان - Srjoukh --

سربازنیروی دریاییدریابان - دریادار - دریاسالار - مهناوی - ناواستوار - ناوبانیار - ناوبان - ناوسالار - ناوسروان - ناویسپاه و نیروی مقاومت بسیجمجاهد - دریادل - رزمجو - رزمنده - رزمیار - رزمدار - رزمآورالقاببزرگارتشداران - تیمسار - امیر - سردار - Serbazineroy Dryayidriaban - Driadar - Dreassalar - Mhnanwi - Nawastewar - Naopanjar - oboe - Nausallar - Nauseroan - ناويسپاه and Peru resistance Bsijmjahid - Driadl - Rzmjo - Rzmendh - Rzmeyer - Rzmadar - رزماورالقاببزرگارتشداران - Temsar - Amir - Serdar -

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “General Chit Chat”