- Posts: 2962
- Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:17 am
"For amputees, what they experience when they're trying to walk normally is what I would experience if I were carrying an extra 30 pounds," said Art Kuo, professor in the University of Michigan departments of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
Compared with conventional prosthetic feet, the new prototype device significantly cuts the energy spent per step.
Story link with pictures: Artificial foot recycles energy for easier walking
*I am posting up this article for my friend DrLeftover who for some reason was not able to post the link :-2*
- Posts: 31842
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am
- Posts: 3323
- Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm
- Location: The Four Corners
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:22 am
That was the object of the exercise.