Finally, We’ve Made It

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Bryn Mawr

Finally, We’ve Made It

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Having had our flights on hold since April we have finally made it back to Crete - only to find the whilst we were in the air Crete was declared a quarantine area :-)

Not a problem, the prefecture we’re in, Lasithi, is Covid clear and the quarantine list will be totally different by the time we go back to the UK.
LarsMac

Re: Finally, We’ve Made It

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:38 am Having had our flights on hold since April we have finally made it back to Crete - only to find the whilst we were in the air Crete was declared a quarantine area :-)

Not a problem, the prefecture we’re in, Lasithi, is Covid clear and the quarantine list will be totally different by the time we go back to the UK.
I would think that being quarantined on Crete would be favorable to many other locations I can think of.
"In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute."
- Thurgood Marshall
spot

Post by spot »

Well done. I expect you need an early night.

Out of interest, does Crete have any refugee provision?
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:46 am
Bryn Mawr wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:38 am Having had our flights on hold since April we have finally made it back to Crete - only to find the whilst we were in the air Crete was declared a quarantine area :-)

I would think that being quarantined on Crete would be favorable to many other locations I can think of.
Especially as our new grandson is coming out for the last two weeks of our stay with his mum, we could all stay out here in the sun :D
spot

Post by spot »

It's like getting across the Berlin Wall by the sound of it.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am

Especially as our new grandson is coming out for the last two weeks of our stay with his mum, we could all stay out here in the sun :D

When are your last two weeks? Not this side of Christmas I hope.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:01 pm
Bryn Mawr wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am

When are your last two weeks? Not this side of Christmas I hope.
Sadly the end of October, I’d be happier with another month or so but family calls :-)
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:58 pm Sadly the end of October, I’d be happier with another month or so but family calls :-)
I'm family. The best you can say is that family is divided on the issue.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:56 am
Bryn Mawr wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:58 pm Sadly the end of October, I’d be happier with another month or so but family calls :-)
I'm family. The best you can say is that family is divided on the issue.
I’ll put it to the vote then :lol:
spot

Post by spot »

After pounding parts of western and central Greece meteorologists have predicted a rare Mediterranean hurricane-like storm, or medicane, is headed south towards the island of Crete.
You can post a photo.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:08 am
After pounding parts of western and central Greece meteorologists have predicted a rare Mediterranean hurricane-like storm, or medicane, is headed south towards the island of Crete.
You can post a photo.
Kefalonica was badly hit by flooding but the worst of the storm is passing to the south of Crete. We had rain last night and have had a few spots today but nothing worrying.

On the other hand we has a 5.9 magnitude earthquake yesterday and another earthquake this morning so it’s all rock and roll here :-)
spot

Post by spot »

If you get local reports of four horsemen seen on the island, you could look at your watch and tell them they're late.

Return to “Travel Vacation”