physical therapy

TenneseeGirl

physical therapy

Post by TenneseeGirl »

Where to start.... Well i have been in physical therapy for a month now-- i have the next two weeks off for an approval to go through for more time. My physical therapist has got me onto a walking program-- 15 minutes a day. Not hard right? well i thought so. I started going to the gym with a friend of mine so i could time my self.. she got on one of those elyptical(SP?) machines and did 4 minutes and i was dying.. so i went to the treadmil and got my 15 minutes in. Then as my therapist advised i streched and did my excercises she had perscribed (i have been doing them but not daily like i am supposed to and i want to get better so i made a comitment to build the habit while i have the time off because she hurts me while i am there) Two days into it and i am dying i am SO SORE. when does the sore go away? ;p i feel like i am broken old maid. it sucks! well i guess i just had to say something thanks for listening--:-5
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
nvalleyvee

physical therapy

Post by nvalleyvee »

Never been through physical therapy so I don't know - I'm sure when America wakes up tomorrow you will have some opinions.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Clint

physical therapy

Post by Clint »

I’ve had physical therapy for a relatively minor problem. I do however, remember that I didn’t like the pain involved. The therapist assured me it was necessary and apparently, he was right.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
abbey

physical therapy

Post by abbey »

It'll take time TG, once you're body gets used to the routine and it gets stronger you wont ache as much.

Make sure you do your warm up exercises first, and nice long stretches when you've finished your sets,

that should help you.

Keep at it and you'll reap the rewards X :-6
Peg

physical therapy

Post by Peg »

I know just how you feel. Every time I went, I left feeling worse than when I went in. I finally got to the point where I needed to be able to walk without the pain being made worse and stopped going.:-1
Accountable

physical therapy

Post by Accountable »

I think most physical therapists will tell you not to work to the point of exhaustion. There is such a thing as too much pain. Just be tough on yourself and insist on daily improvement. You'll see it. I have faith in ya! :-6
chonsigirl

physical therapy

Post by chonsigirl »

Your are lucky to receive PT-my husband needs it, and they cannot be bothered after his illness to give him anymore. He is always put on 3 week regimes, and dropped at the end of that time, even with specilized therapists. Thank someone above you get this help when you need it, I must do all the PT for my husband on my own, and I do not know everything to do for him.

The American Insurance system has some major faults, and this is one of them!
TenneseeGirl

physical therapy

Post by TenneseeGirl »

chonsigirl wrote: Your are lucky to receive PT-my husband needs it, and they cannot be bothered after his illness to give him anymore. He is always put on 3 week regimes, and dropped at the end of that time, even with specilized therapists. Thank someone above you get this help when you need it, I must do all the PT for my husband on my own, and I do not know everything to do for him.

The American Insurance system has some major faults, and this is one of them!

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!! :mad: :-5 why help people get better when you make more money keeping them ill. You know there are alot of things that could be fixed with ease, however people CHOOSE not to give you those options because if you have to go back to the Dr ten more times instead of two then they win. 1000 is better then 100 any day of the week. I think we definatly have to re-evaluate a system that allows people to profit from the suffering or healing of others. Maybe thats not the point you were trying to make. but thats what sparked in my tiny little brain, so i had to say it LOL:lips: wheres the duct tape when you need it???:-2
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”