Wicca

Thoughts and discussions about New Age, Astrology, Gnosticism, Goddesses, Healing Arts, Humanism, Magic, Mysticism, Wicca, and more.
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

When is it?
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

sounds lovely. I wouldn't mind visitng the tor in Glastonbury, but I have heard that some strang things have happened up there.
BabyRider

Wicca

Post by BabyRider »

Pinky wrote: REally? Like what...I like strange!:D
Oooooh...me too. What sort of strange, Aura? Details, woman, DETAILS!! :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

Well people have gone up to the tor and come nack down only to find that time has mysteriousl shifted, or they see wierd tunnles which are suppossed to lead to the fairy world. I found this on the Glastonbury site.

See this link

http://www.glastonburytor.org.uk/mysterytor.html

I was on holiday in Glastonbury, at a sort of healing centre. One of the chaps that was there – Mike – he and I really felt a kinship with each other. We'd take the dogs for walks in the evening. But the night this happened, he said, 'Let's just go for a walk, don't let's take the dogs. I feel that something special's going to happen, and it's my last night.'

So we donned our raincoats and took an umbrella because it had been a wet day. It was still very cloudy and dark. We kept to the road – the Tor was too muddy to walk up. We got to a gate that looks over a field, and we just stood there, looking over this gate at the Tor. Our eyes got used to the light and the Tor looked like a great big magic majestic thing standing there.

And while standing there, my head felt funny. I went all kind of wobbly. I thought, Ooh, what's going on? I was feeling quite dizzy.

It was a really dark night and the clouds were heavy with rain. We were looking up at the sky. I don't know how long we stood there looking up at the sky. All of a sudden there was a clear patch in the clouds. And I saw it! It was like a circle – there were about five lights in a circle.

I said, 'Mike, look up, look there, look! There it is! Can you see it?'.

And he caught sight of it as well. We danced up and down like two kids, watching these lights move across the sky. Then they went into the clouds and vanished. I said, 'Gee, we've seen them, we've seen them!'

And we still kept on looking. Then I saw a star. It moved diagonally across the sky. For quite some distance I watched this moving star. It was just one bright light. And that moved across.

Then all of a sudden there were two whirling lights. These were two spaceships that came out of the clouds. There was all blue around them. And they had a circle of light like you see in pictures of them. About ten lights in each circle, shining down. And we watched them go across the sky. They went into the clouds, but we could still see the lights through the clouds. When all that was gone I said, 'Wow!'.

Then there was one last one. It was a twirling light. It came out of the blue of the sky, came across, and went. Then all of a sudden the sky was one dark cloud again.

Mike and I were jumping up and down and hugging each other like kids. It was wonderful! And he said, 'I still think we're going to see something'. I said, 'Don't be so greedy – we've seen about five now. Come on, let's start to wander back'.

We wandered back down and came again to the gate where we'd stood and looked the first time. As we stood there he said, 'I KNOW we're going to see something else!'

And then something very strange happened. We were standing there – and the sky was all dark – and all of a sudden it was as if somebody had taken the clouds and pulled them back like a big curtain. We were suddenly looking at this magnificent blue sky. And there was a feeling in the air that I can't really describe. It was like a soft, gentle hum. Almost like the 'Om' – but really soft. And there was this incredible feeling of love. I felt kind of enveloped. It was a part of you and you were part of it. It was so awesome, just being in that energy.

I looked up at the top of the Tor, and hanging over the Tor was this filmy kind of cloud. It was quite large. I said, 'You know – I think that's a ship up there'. And we just stood and looked at this lightship. We both remarked on this cosmic feeling of love that we felt. It was just – just so exquisite that we couldn't put it into words.

Then all of a sudden the feeling left us and the clouds – very quickly – all came back into place. We just stood there, silent. We were so – so – nonplussed. It was just so incredible. We said, you know, this was another reality – because the sky had been too blue for this time of night. Somehow we'd slipped into another reality."

Also check out http://www.gothicimage.co.uk/books/makerofmyths1.html

Please let me know what you think? :)
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

I would love to go up the Tor, but I don't want to end up like that bloke in 'Life on Mars' where he returns to the 70's, or worse the 60's or 100's of years in the future! :0
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

yes but then they have those horrible chain pull toilets and i would start talking about the ozone layer by mistake, and get put away :D

I might want to seek out my grandparents and my parents before they got married.
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

Har har. Did you see the last spisode of Dr Who, Rose met her mother in a Parallel world and managed to upset her. How could I tell if i was in a Parallel world if I returned from the Tor?
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

Many folks will either think I'm nuts, a well-intentioned but misguided tree-hugger, a Morris dancer, or that I practise black magic.

Has anyone seen this week's Holby City where that woman said her daughter was in la la land because she practised Wicca and did magic?

Also did anyone see the programme’ New Tricks' which portrayed witches as devil worshipers?

I am a Wiccan and what was portrayed was ABSALUTE RUBBISH! :mad:

We are NOT devil worshipers, the Devil is a Christian concept to scare the £$%^& out of people so that they may take up their religion. Christianity says there is only one god, but before the Battle of Hastings there were many gods. Then they invaded in 1066 and tried to stamp our own ways out, some of it was copied by the church and made to fit their ways. If you look back into history you will see that the church ruled by fear, if you didn’t obey them then they would persecute you for it usually by hanging or burning. I see on Saturdays Casualty about the healer, and his assistant who told people they were going to ‘burn in hell for their sins’; what sort of message is this giving out?

If I went up to a Muslim and started taking the wee wee out of their religion, I’d get seriously assaulted, or worse. So why do some people think it’s ok to brand Wiccans and pagans as weirdoes? :(

I’m sorry to fire off like this but I wanted to make a few things straight. I was ordered to sit in front of a counsellor because I said I was a practising witch, I totally refused and was immediately branded unstable. I will always stick up for Wicca.

This is the religion I choose to follow, and I’m not going to let anyone force their views down my throat just because I don’t worship Jesus, I have never done so with mine. Thanks to these televised views my uncle thinks the Green Man is a gargoyle!
Yavanna

Wicca

Post by Yavanna »

There has been a spate of sheep killings on Dartmoor, close to where I live and where I grew up.

About 20 sheep have been killed, their genitals mutilated, eyes put out and then placed in the shape of a seven pointed star.

The local press have indicated "Black Magic" is to blame but we've also had some idiots blaming "pagans". :(

I blame adolescent drunken prats, myself, high on too much Buffy and cheap lager. :-5

Just goes to show how easy it is for the uninformed to mix up paganism with Devil worship. It all kind of blends into a weird fug for some people.....

Anyhoo, hope everyone has enjoyed a great Autumn Equinox and is looking forward to Samhain!
Marie5656

Wicca

Post by Marie5656 »

To be honest, this is an area I have considered exploring. It has always had my interest. Maybe over the winter I will start reading and learning about it.

Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

The general public need to realise that not all Pegans are devil worshippers, why would they do that to a sheep?
Bill Sikes

Wicca

Post by Bill Sikes »

Yavanna wrote: There has been a spate of sheep killings on Dartmoor, close to where I live and where I grew up.

About 20 sheep have been killed, their genitals mutilated, eyes put out and then placed in the shape of a seven pointed star.

The local press have indicated "Black Magic" is to blame but we've also had some idiots blaming "pagans". (

I blame adolescent drunken prats, myself, high on too much Buffy and cheap lager.

"Adolescent drunken prats" are not known to kill 20 sheep, mutilate their

genitals (?), put their eyes out, and place the carcasses in the shape of

a seven-pointed star, presumably somewhere in a field, or on the moor,

for kicks. That procedure sounds like a serious undertaking! Have you a

pointer to online reports?
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

Thank you pinky. :)

I love animals and cat's always make a beeline for my lap, has anyone ever been to the Children or Artimis forum. if not, just type in Cackle Corner into the Google search engine.
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

I am Aura on there as well, can't say I remember the other name you mentoned. i would like to go to a witch fest but i will have to save up.
Felinessa

Wicca

Post by Felinessa »

Um, Aura, Christianity didn't come to England in 1066. There were Celtic Christians starting in the 4th century, and Pope Gregory sent St. Augustine at the end of the 6th c. After the Synod of Whitby in 664, the Celtic churches started bringing their theology and practices in line with the Roman ones. According to Bede, Paulinus convinced Edwin of Northumbria to convert to Christianity not by force, but by having a forum with the anglo-saxon high priest, Coifi, and his advisers. I'm quoting here what one of the advisors said about their worldview, since it is one of the best-known episodes in Bede:

"The present life man, O king, seems to me, in comparison with that time which is unknown to us, like to the swift flight of a sparow through the room wherein you sit at supper in winter amid your officers and ministers, with a good fire in the midst whilst the storms of rain and snow prevail abroad; the sparrow, I say, flying in at one door and immediately another, whilst he is within is safe from the wintry but after a short space of fair weather he immediately vanishes out of your sight into the dark winter from which he has emerged. So this life of man appears for a short space but of what went before or what is to follow we are ignorant. If, therefore, this new doctrine contains something more certain, it seems justly to deserve to be followed."

Apparently, what got them hooked was the promise of "life, salvation, and of eternal happiness."

I'm not saying their choice was necessarily right, but Christianity brought learning and scholarship to England (see the Benedictine revival or Alfred's education reforms), rather than destruction.

As far as the sacrifices and Satanist crap goes, it's probably the work of those who have pastiched various tidbits they found on the internet and decided to call themselves "Devil-worshippers" or any such non-sense. I'm sorry that wiccans are being associated with that - that's plain ignorance and fear of the unknown at work.

And now the question I've been dying to ask: do spells actually work? What kind of things have some of you accomplished? I'm asking out of curiosity, rather than greed (don't worry, I understand it's serious stuff, so I'm not going to foolishly dabble; plus, my religion forbids it). And on a less serious note, is there a spell to make dishes wash themselves, the house clean itself, etc? :p
The power of MEOW
Yavanna

Wicca

Post by Yavanna »

Bill Sikes wrote: "Adolescent drunken prats" are not known to kill 20 sheep, mutilate their

genitals (?), put their eyes out, and place the carcasses in the shape of

a seven-pointed star

You're right ; it's a group of people, they think, who are practising something or other. Wild sheep aren't easy to grab ; either they are shooting them or they have dogs.......Here's a link to the BBC report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4171399.stm

Since that original report, more dead sheep have been found. Poor, poor sheep. :(
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

do spells actually work? What kind of things have some of you accomplished? I'm asking out of curiosity, rather than greed (don't worry, I understand it's serious stuff, so I'm not going to foolishly dabble; plus, my religion forbids it). And on a less serious note, is there a spell to make dishes wash themselves, the house clean itself, etc?

Yes spells work, but in silence. I did a money spell which worked, I almost fell through the floor when it did. Yes chrsitianity brought learning and scholarship, but we worshiped nature and used herbs to cure which they banned as the Christians wanted only one god, so we had to go underground and worship in secret. Lot's of my freinds are Chrisitian and know that I am a pegan witch, they just let me get on with it. We live by the three fold law 'an it harm none, do as ye will'. Some of the Catholics give Christian's a bad name, as do Black magic people tar us all with the same brush.

I am friends with all religion's, so long as they don't call me names or start being nasty just because I don't follow their faith.

Please don't nit pick me about the spelling as I am dislyxic.

take care. :)
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

We Wiccans were once where vegeterians were in the 1920's, they thought vegeterians were an odd lot, but years later now no one take's any notice and there's menu's geared towards vegans and vegeterian's. I belive half of the UK in years to come will be Pegan or some sort of witch, and no one will batt an eye lid; unless you commit a crime.

:)
Felinessa

Wicca

Post by Felinessa »

Hmm, I wonder if anyone paid attention to those cabbage slayings :wah: Absolutely gruesome :yh_devil

As for bad Christians, there are many, and their intolerance and bigotry betrays everything Christ lived and died for. I don't see anything wrong with believing in something good, which has a strong moral foundation. Now those Devil-worshippers ... hmmm, I just don't understand why anyone would be so disturbed as to want to be in the presence of something ugly to the core.

Interesting as far as the spells go. And very tempting ... but then again, that is probably in contradiction of your tenets. Could someone put a spell on Mr. Felli so he doesn't leave his stuff strewn all over the house?:wah:

How do you know if you are hexed? And how can you remove a hex if you don't practice?
The power of MEOW
YZGI

Wicca

Post by YZGI »

I always wanted to bed a witch. Then she could put a spell on me and I would be a good lover.;)
Yavanna

Wicca

Post by Yavanna »

Spells definitely work! Not always (but as Pinky says, I think that's down to the intent you have) - but mostly!

I favour candle magick - what about you, Pinky? It's great for focus and concentration. I also recommend knotwork (knotting a red thread whilst repeating my intent works well for me).

I remember having a heated discussion with another pagan once, who believed that we absolutely should try to effect change around us with magick, particularly against those who are behaving badly. She thought cursing was an effective way of dealing with a problem person.

My view is that karma'll get 'em in the end if it's just plain wickedness on their part ; but it is tempting, if you're angry or hurt, to think up something to cause that other person pain.

I've refrained most of my practising life ; once, I did get so furious with someone that I tried something out . This was after I'd tried reason, talking, persuading, insisting and then shouting! - and was kind of horrified when the next week, she and her family were burgled whilst they were asleep in their house, couldn't claim on their insurance because she had forgotten to turn on the alarm and then had a burst water mains the following week.

For about 10 minutes I felt kind of elated, to be honest - I had a feeling of "serves you right, you so-and-so".

Then I felt kind of sick at myself. There was no satisfaction in it, because I just felt cheap and vengeful. I learnt a lot from that.

I will still do binding spells if someone is really, truly out of order (and it has to be really bad behaviour, nothing trivial or silly). But actually, I rarely do those now.

Maybe I'm just mellowing with age? :-3
zinkyusa

Wicca

Post by zinkyusa »

Pinky wrote: I tend to just 'block' the person's energies or malicious thoughts from coming anywhere near me! Mirror magic works a treat for that. Problem solved!

I just punch them in the pie hole:wah:

can't quite reach spot though d^$n ocean:-5
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Yavanna

Wicca

Post by Yavanna »

zinkyusa wrote: I just punch them in the pie hole:wah:

can't quite reach spot though d^$n ocean:-5

I try that first. Spells come way down the list :D

I also find staring at people in an intimidating manner, without saying anything at all, does wonders:sneaky:

Pinky! Great stuff! I've used mirror magick too - or a variant of it - reflecting back on someone who's causing a disturbance in the Force the same amount of crap they're giving out - that way, they're getting just deserts, right?

I bought a dark mirror recently, from a guy I know on Dartmoor who makes wands and all sorts of good stuff. I haven't "got" it yet, but practice makes perfect, I spose.
Felinessa

Wicca

Post by Felinessa »

Man, the school screwed me over again :( The union negotiated a better rate for us, including the past summer and this academic year, and we thought that today we were getting our retroactive. No chance - they just switched us over to the higher rate, so I did get a bigger paycheque, but no retroactive for the summer or for the previous paycheque. I was so hoping for the reimbursement to pay off the huge credit card bills I'd incurred while moving ... it means I won't be able to attend a conference I'd been dreaming about for months ...

Now things like this make me wish I knew how to cast that money spell :( :( :(

Just wanted to let you know that I do envy you (not in the bad sense).
The power of MEOW
Felinessa

Wicca

Post by Felinessa »

So it's a matter of visualization and thinking positively? I can try that :)
The power of MEOW
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

Now things like this make me wish I knew how to cast that money spell

On a Thursday get a green candle, or mand-made paper

measure an inch from the end of the paper and cut a square (must be an inch across

with a green gel pen draw round a once pence piece and inside the circle draw a number four, I think this is the sign for Jupiter. Do this on the other side, then wrap the paper up in cling film and put it somewhere. The money spell should work within a week to a month. if it doesn't, then it wasn't meant to happen.

You can draw the sign on the side of a green candle, and let it burn down.
Bill Sikes

Wicca

Post by Bill Sikes »

Aura wrote: On a Thursday get a green candle, or mand-made paper

measure an inch from the end of the paper and cut a square (must be an inch across

with a green gel pen draw round a once pence piece and inside the circle draw a number four, I think this is the sign for Jupiter. Do this on the other side, then wrap the paper up in cling film and put it somewhere. The money spell should work within a week to a month. if it doesn't, then it wasn't meant to happen.

Do you know any recipes for Amblongus Pie, or Gosky Patties?
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

Never heard of it old bean, is it out of a Harry Potter book?
Felinessa

Wicca

Post by Felinessa »

So let me see if I get it, using a green candle (not sure how to get man-made paper). Draw the circle around the penny on the side of the candle and write the 4 in it, then let it burn? Don't you need to say anything or invoke anyone? It sounds really easy, but I wonder if you need "powers" to make it happen. And I'm definitely not among the gifted.

But thank you for the spell. I'll try it and let you know what happens. Maybe I'll try visualizing that it happens too :-6
The power of MEOW
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

This must be done on a Thursday between 12am before 12pm.

Get man made parcement paper, usually from an artist's shop.

Measure an ince square across and cut out

With a green gel pen draw round a 1 pence penny

Draw a number four inside the circle which is the runic sign of jupiter

Repeat the same procedure on the other side of the paper

Cover the square with cling-film so it doesn't get dirty

Hide it somewhere and the spell should work within a few weeks to a month

You can also do this spell with a green candle, just carve the sign of Jupiter on it, allow to burn right down.

THURSDAY - Desires, harvests, oaths, treaties, legal matters, gambling, speculating, political power.

Sorry if I was abit confusing. :)
Yavanna

Wicca

Post by Yavanna »

Just wanted to wish all my fellow Wiccans, pagans, neo-pagans, Druids etc a Stunning Samhain! :D
Aura

Wicca

Post by Aura »

Happy Samhein to you as well sister :)

Return to “Modern Ancient Paths”