Bloody Mary and Others

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
Peg

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Peg »

Oh geesh. I had to read this at night when I am home alone. We always had seances as a kid. My dad would knock on the door and scare the snot out of us.

The blood Mary thing was just too scary to try.
actionfigurestepho

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by actionfigurestepho »

My mother claims something tried to take hold of her once during a seance. Because of that I've never tried. She was a skeptic before that and now she's really into ghostey stuff. Gives me the heeby-jeebies.

She loved to tease me and my cousin about Bloody Mary. We'd always do it twice, get scared and run away. It became this running joke. We'd always tell my mom and aunt that we didn't believe in it and that we weren't scared. One night on a color guard trip my cousin and I were sleeping and our phone rang. When we picked it up this horrible voice whispered "I don't believe in Mary Worth." We were so freaked all night long! Of course it was our mothers, teasing us. To this day I won't look into a mirror in a darkened room. I always rush past really quickly.
Nuthrday

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Nuthrday »

Hey I don't know the Bloody Mary story; how'd I miss out on that? But we sure had fun with a ouija board! And I love all of Sylvia Brown's stuff...
David Hill

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by David Hill »

To this day I won't look into a mirror in a darkened room. I always rush past really quickly.

...lol me too >.<!
Bella_Boo

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Bella_Boo »

is it too late after halloween to tell stories i have many to tell...
:lips: i have no signature:lips:
Wolverine

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Wolverine »

Susie Q

talk about creepy shiite.

little grave site out side Vinton Iowa

mostly black irish families

Freaky sh!t out there on the winter solstice(sp)

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Bella_Boo

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Bella_Boo »

Wolverine wrote: Susie Q

freaky how?
minks

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by minks »

Oreda wrote: I don't do that Bloody Mary mirror stuff-- it's just way too creepy for me. I scare easily.

Ditto for me too.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
buttercup

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by buttercup »

my youngest daughter had a fear of 'bloody mary'

i tried telling her it was a story made up to scare little kids, she dident believe me

i fetched the nearest mirror & called out 3 times, obviously nothing happened :rolleyes:

i wont have my kids terrorised by ridiculous stories

just my opinion
Bella_Boo

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Bella_Boo »

buttercup wrote: my youngest daughter had a fear of 'bloody mary'

i tried telling her it was a story made up to scare little kids, she dident believe me

i fetched the nearest mirror & called out 3 times, obviously nothing happened :rolleyes:

just my opinion

ha ha ha as kids we would sneak out and go to cemetries and call the dead all the time - weird stuff used to happen all the time - it was real scary, we loved it :)
Bella_Boo

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Bella_Boo »

buttercup wrote: my youngest daughter had a fear of 'bloody mary'

just my opinion

ha ha ha as kids we would sneak out and go to cemetries and call the dead all the time - weird stuff used to happen all the time - it was real scary, we loved it :D
Valerie100

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Valerie100 »

There's something else that I heard attached to the Roadside Mary legend -- supposedly, there have been many, many viewings of her wandering the roadway, hitchhiking and taking taxis. She asks to be dropped off at her old house or the cemetary where she's buried and either gets out and vanishes or vanishes before exiting the vehicle. One story tells of how she left her jacket in a man's taxi, and he got a surprise when he went to return it! It's scary how active she's supposed to be. She was a 20-year-old when she died, and she was coming from a dance after a fight with her boyfriend.

One particular story I heard goes like this:

A man went to a dance and met a woman there. Her name was Mary. He danced with her all night, and by the end of the night, he was very, very taken with her. During the course of the night, Mary had told him where she lived.

The next day, the man went to Mary's house with some flowers. He wanted to see her again. He knocked at the door.

A woman opened the door. The man asked for Mary. I'm not sure of the exact conversation. (I saw this on Unsolved Mysteries, by the way.)

The woman who answered the door was Mary's mother. It turned out that Mary had died in a car accident and/or an hit and run walking a dark road (depending on whoever tells the story) eight years earlier.

The man had spent the night dancing and falling for Roadside Mary, the ghost!

I have had many supernatural experiences throughout the years. When I was 15, I was playing medium and calling spirits out from beyond the grave. I had believed in my abilities to do so and was very confident. I was a really good medium.

At one particular seance, my one friend let out a scream, and we had to stop. Something was pushing her down toward the lit candle in the center of the group. Theresa had a big red handprint on her back. It was the size of a large man's hand, and we were a group of teenage girls. She was crying and upset after the incident, and we all had to calm her down. She wouldn't do a seance ever again.

We were stupid, though, as kids and never did protection salt or white light around us. On one night in particular, something bad happened to everyone who attended the seance. I was the medium again at this one. I lived in Philadelphia, PA then. I was attacked and almost killed in a cemetary that night by "The Frankford Slasher," a man who turned out to be a well-known serial killer at that time. The case has never been solved. Another friend was locked up. Someone else got into a huge family situation. Someone else got grounded. Something bad happened to us all that one night.

Also, I have used a Oujii Board on and off throughout the years. The last time I used one, I kept reading the number 800. The board kept telling me 800. For months, it did this. I kept thinking -- "What is going to happen at 8:00 and when?" When Flight 800 crashed down into the Everglades, I understood what the board had been telling me. I never used a board again. That was enough for me!

A friend of mine threw her Oujii Board down the sewer to get rid of it. She was using it one day, and she had been speaking to the spirit of a man who was Hispanic for some time. He talked broken English, and sometimes he would make the board write Spanish words that she couldn't understand. She said that she literally felt high on drugs when she was contacting this spirit. The Spanish man told her to go look in the mirror. She said that when she did, her eyes were really red and dialated. The Hispanic man must have died from some kind of a drug overdose, and he scared her really bad. She got rid of her board.
Sheryl

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Sheryl »

I do not go in bathroom with lights out anymore from all the Bloody Mary stuff. Growing up in a small town, it was the all the old haunted places we used for entertainment and to get in trouble with growing up.

There was this old adobe house about 10 miles out in country that we used to go to get a good scare. One night there was 3 car loads of us kids that went out there. I was being a chicken and not going in the house so I stayed at the cars with another girl and one of the guys from the football team. We were standing outside watching the others make their way in the house. It wasn't maybe 5 minutes after they had gone in the house, when they all came out running and screaming from the house. I turned to run to my car, however the big football jock had already jumped in my car and was a quarter mile down the road. :driving:

Moral of story......keep the keys to your car with you at all times :)

Sheryl
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Wolverine

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Wolverine »

Bella_Boo wrote: freaky how?
most of the graves are 60+ years old

one site... the grass never grew back aorund the edges of the casket.

it is on top of a rather large hill... when ever there is fog it hangs there for hours after the sun comes up.

on Halloween...

you have to walk up some steps from the parking lot to get there. 12 steps. on Halloween there are 13. i thought my friends up there were full of Bull, so i went 2 years ago. day before, 12. halloween, 13.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Fibonacci

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Fibonacci »

Theres A haunted Railroad crossing here in SA. i dont remember the exact legend but, supposedly a bus full of school children was heading back to the school after a late field trip. As they approached the railroad, the bus's engine cut out. it came to a stop on the tracks just as the barriers came down. A train hit the Bus and killed every one onboard. Every halloween a couple of my friends and i go to the tracks. If you park you car across the tracks, then put it in nuetral, the ghosts of the kids will roll your car away from the tracks! I didnt buy it the first time. so the next halloween my friends took me back and this time they put some baby powder all over the back of their tahoe. we waited as we rolled away. after we came to a stop we all got out. when we walked to the back we found seven pairs of small handprints!!

The crossing is in a open area so theres no way anyone could be messing around with us!
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
gmc

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by gmc »

When I was a teenager a group of us used a ouji board. It worked, why I don't know but circumstances were such that i am sure no one was pushing the glass. I have never tried it since. I am still very much a sceptic but I there are some places you go and you feel you are treading where others have gone before.
RedGlitter

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by RedGlitter »

Tmbsgrl, good topic. Your story about your dad dressed as a zombie cracked me up. :wah:

I did Bloody Mary but nothing ever happened. I've had a Ouija board but was too hesitant to use it because I'm a firm believer in the paranormal and just won't mess with talking boards.

It's too long to tell here, but I've had what I believe was communication from my relatives on the Other Side many times and a few years ago, I had a conversation with a ghost who had been haunting my friend. She had died young and there was much speculation around her death. Ashes were never put to rest so she wandered the house where they were kept.

I know about Rez Mary and have seen photos of the bars. Incredible. One of my favorite stories! I didn't know her house was for viewing. That I would have liked to have seen.

For a couple of real scares, Google "Villisca Axe Murders" and "Camp Keddie Murders." They have photos (not crime photos, just the buildings) and give me the absolute chills every time I see them.
Marie5656

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Marie5656 »

Only recently heard of the Mary legends..Bloody and Ressurection.

We used to do seances and Ouija boards alot.
weber

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by weber »

Wolverine wrote: Susie Q

WOW....Wolverine

Me thinks you scared me for now

with freaky sh!t out there on the winter solstice

Sometimes there's freaky sh!t right outside my window

Have you ever heard cats doing their thing....I wonder if they enjoy:-3
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
Fibonacci

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Fibonacci »

Anybody Here ever hear of the Lechuza or La LLorona?
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
RedGlitter

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by RedGlitter »

I know about La LLorona. It's one of my favorite tales. Why don't you tell us about her?? :)
Fibonacci

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Fibonacci »

In south Texas, the story of La Llorona is that of a beautiful girl who attracts the attentions of a wealthy man's son though she is herself very poor. The lovers secretly marry and set up a household; they have several children. Unfortunately, a day comes when the young man's father announces that he has arranged a marriage for his son to a young woman within their social class. The young man tells his secret wife that he must leave her and that he will never see her again. She is driven mad by anger and a broken heart, and takes their children to a river where she drowns them to spite her husband. When her husband finds out he and several townspeople go to find her, but she kills herself before they can apprehend her. She goes to Heaven and faces the judgement of God. God asks her, "Where are your children?" to which she replies, "I do not know." God asks her three times and she replies with the same answer. God then damns her to walk the earth to search for her children. According to this tale, it is wise to avoid La Llorona, as she is known for drowning passers-by in an attempt to replace her dead children.

(Thanks to Wikipedia!!)

P.S.- I seem to remeber somthing about her placing stones on her victims, to prevent them from leaving her. ???
RedGlitter

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by RedGlitter »

tmbsgrl wrote: I have a BUNCH of pictures with those white orbs in them..

You should hang onto them. In many cases it's just dust or snow or something explainable but not in all. I have several photos that have orbs in them that I firmly believe to be spirits and not dust.

Fib, thank you for the La Llorona story. I never get tired of hearing that one. It has many variants too. In some places they have tales of other 'weeping women" or "wailing women." They all seem to be looking for their lost or murdered children.

Tish Hinojosa does a song about La Llorona. Very beautiful although the song is all in Spanish and I understand very little.
Fibonacci

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Fibonacci »

RedGlitter wrote: You should hang onto them. In many cases it's just dust or snow or something explainable but not in all. I have several photos that have orbs in them that I firmly believe to be spirits and not dust.

Fib, thank you for the La Llorona story. I never get tired of hearing that one. It has many variants too. In some places they have tales of other 'weeping women" or "wailing women." They all seem to be looking for their lost or murdered children.

Tish Hinojosa does a song about La Llorona. Very beautiful although the song is all in Spanish and I understand very little.

you're welcome:D
Fibonacci

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Fibonacci »

tmbsgrl wrote: My dad just told us this one when he was here in July!!! He scared me! He said him and his brother used to play by the tracks.

:eek:Its pretty scary the first time. I couldn't get back into the truck fast enough! :eek:
Fibonacci

Bloody Mary and Others

Post by Fibonacci »

I figured I would fill you in on the Lechuza!!:yh_devil

Lechuzas are witches - brujas - who transform themselves into birds. In most stories, the bird is an owl, but sometimes a bruja will turn into an eagle.

:eek: Those frightened by the appearances of a lechuza can fall back on four basic remedies: Prayer, tying seven knots in a string or rope, engaging the services of a curandera or blasting the bird with a shotgun or rifle.:eek:

A lechuza can appear at any time, but these feathery witches seem particularly prone to spread their wings and terrorize those who have popped a top or two or three.

Cars moving down lonely highways also seem a favorite target of lechuzas.

Fortunately, as they say on the border, "Las lechuzas, por regular, no son peligrosas." They are not dangerous. Normally.:sneaky:

Return to “Paranormal Science”