The tredmill

kmhowe72

The tredmill

Post by kmhowe72 »

A year ago I began to work off this fat at a nearby gym. I finally after a couple of weeks discovered the tredmill. (It's a very large Gym) I have spent a thousand dollars which could have gone to so many places. anyway I decided to stop going to the gym, and I broke down and bought a tredmill, for only 181.$. I stopped going to the gym. I believe the gym is a over price singles club. Now I can enjoy excirsing in the privacy of my home.:wah:
kmhowe
chrisb84uk

The tredmill

Post by chrisb84uk »

Ah the joy of the treadmill. I know the feeling km, I've had my treadmill for a few months and love it. I would definately recommend anyone who wants to keep fit to consider getting one. Sure does save on the gym fees as well, which can only be a good thing. Mind u miss seeing all the cute ladies around hahaha.
Accountable

The tredmill

Post by Accountable »

I also own a treadmill. Makes a pretty good hanger for tomorrow's suit.
kmhowe72

The tredmill

Post by kmhowe72 »

That's what my grandmother said about the tredmill to. It only become a hanger for clothes. but not mine. even though i can go only a few minutes on it right now , i'll be getting their to a mile sooner or later. I just want to lose the weight. it's easy, it's here. if I wanted to and I got the urge, if felt like it in the middle of night when all is quite in the house, I just hop on and away I go. Waking up more refreshed and liter in the morning.
kmhowe
Accountable

The tredmill

Post by Accountable »

good for you! don't ever stop, though. It's an easy habit to break. I was up to 3 miles every morning (walking), then I got too busy for a little while and ...................
minks

The tredmill

Post by minks »

Accountable wrote: good for you! don't ever stop, though. It's an easy habit to break. I was up to 3 miles every morning (walking), then I got too busy for a little while and ...................

Yep that would be me no self dicipline crikey I need a slavemaster when it comes to ... oh never mind wrong thread.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
kmhowe72

The tredmill

Post by kmhowe72 »

I know, it happens to me. But with it right in my kitchen , I can't leave the house without thinking about going on it at least for a few minutes.
kmhowe
kmhowe72

The tredmill

Post by kmhowe72 »

Unbelievable here we go with advertisements for the tredmill's again. anyway, like I said I love the tredmill. The onlly thing is it's in my kitchem next to my computer , and I can see neither the computer monitor or the television playing in the livng room. My husband said will have to get a tv in the kitchen. he just wants another excuse to buy another tv, with another dvd to it. Funny how things work.:-6
kmhowe
rainbowsmiles

The tredmill

Post by rainbowsmiles »

I'm a runner. I use the track outside in the summer and the treadmill in the winter or on very hot days. I absolutely love the treadmill and its the best tool for losing weight.
kmhowe72

The tredmill

Post by kmhowe72 »

About the tredmill, how long and how many miles a day do think it would take to walk off the fat. And how many miles does anybody know it's going to take.:-3
kmhowe
valerie

The tredmill

Post by valerie »

I don't walk a treadmill but I do walk and it is very good for you, but

it doesn't really burn that much fat, depending on your weight and how

far you go, you'd do well to burn off a pound of fat a week. The most

common figure I hear for calories in a pound of fat is 3,500. So doing

say, 7 days a week walking 5 miles or so, you just might get there.

:-2
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

rainbowsmiles

The tredmill

Post by rainbowsmiles »

About the tredmill, how long and how many miles a day do think it would take to walk off the fat. And how many miles does anybody know it's going to take

It all depends on your metabolism. If you have a high metabolism you will burn faster... Try walking at a fast pace (4.0 - 4.5). Carry small hand weights too (1-3 pounds). That will help you burn even quicker! But don't let your speed go below 4.0 because then you won't burn as much in as short a time.
kmhowe72

The tredmill

Post by kmhowe72 »

Mine as slow as a snail. But I heared that weights don't work. Well I was watching CNN. a couple of weeks ago. and they said excirse doesn't work to lose weight. But for some reason. I feel that thats wrong.
kmhowe
rainbowsmiles

The tredmill

Post by rainbowsmiles »

I always use weights while I walk and it is possible it doesn't help people lose weight (I should have clarified that in my post - I'm sorry), I think it is more to help tone lose skin (thats what it did for my arms) and being tone in a sense takes off the appearance of weight. I think exercise won't help a person lose weight if they are still consuming more calories than they burn (does that makes sense?). If someone eats a ton of junk or just a ton of carbs a day and then does a 20 minute jog, they probably won't lose much weight. If a person consumes say 1500 calories a day but then runs a tredmill for 30 minutes burning 250-300 calories and then also burns up calories throughout their day by walking and just plain moving about, they will probably lose weight. Its all about burning more than you consume. I hope that helps a bit. Sorry if I explained it poorly :-3
actionfigurestepho

The tredmill

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Losing weight is all about calories. The hand weights are a great idea...muscle actually burns fat even if you're sitting on your bum doing nothing. Aerobic exercise plus some muscle resistance (hand weights) is the healthiest way to do it! And aerobic exercise is great for your heart, lungs, mood, etc. You could lift weights all day and become fit and thin...but if your heart's not healthy you're still at risk! Plus if you aren't working actively aerobically to burn fat, you'll just look bulkier with the muscle mass. I remember doing crunches all the time to get rid of my little belly, and still being puffy. It wasn't until I started walking and jogging that you could see the definition.
rainbowsmiles

The tredmill

Post by rainbowsmiles »

You could lift weights all day and become fit and thin...but if your heart's not healthy you're still at risk

I agree! I once tried just lifting and not doing aerobics since I was already thin enough but I soon found out that just lifting wasn't good enough. I felt lousy and I hated huffing and puffing while running. Aerobics makes a person feel so much better (more energy) :)

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”