which plants are good are small farm?

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
garg2024456

which plants are good are small farm?

Post by garg2024456 »

I have small farm which plant to plant in my farm
spot

Re: which plants are good are small farm?

Post by spot »

garg2024456 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:33 am I have small farm which plant to plant in my farm
You asked this three weeks ago and the reply is still online. Nobody can advise you unless you say where the farm is. If you say where it is, we can look up the weather. If it is in a lawless place which is cold and dry and difficult to irrigate, there is no point in growing oranges, mango or avocado. People will steal your crop, predatory hyenas will carry off your sheep, farming will not be a fulfilling experience.

My uninformed opinion is that planting on a small scale might provide food security for a family, but the conditions are undoubtedly challenging. Your local soil tends to be rocky and low in nutrients. Regular soil improvement is needed through compost, manure, and allowing fields to lie fallow. Water availability will obviously be limited in the dry season. Access to irrigation will be difficult. The hot summers and sporadic monsoon rainfall make growing conditions more variable and weather-dependent than farming in other regions of the world. As everywhere, a small land holding will always limit economies of scale.

Getting any excess produce to market is also challenging without cold storage or food processing facilities, so you will find it harder to get good prices for perishable produce compared with larger neigbouring farms.

As for specifics regarding crops, you have hot summers from March to June and cooler, drier winters from November to February. The monsoon season brings heavy rainfall from late June through September. Your main crops should be wheat, chickpeas, lentils, soybeans, and vegetables. Wheat should be sown in late October to early November and harvested in March/April before the hot summer arrives. Chickpeas can be planted in October/November and harvested in February/March. Lentils grow well when planted in October and harvested in February/March. Soybeans should be sown in June/July at the start of the monsoon and harvested in October/November. Vegetables like tomatoes, okra, peppers, and onions can be grown in the cooler months of October to February. Leafy greens can grow year-round. Crops need to be watered regularly through the dry months of March to June when rainfall is limited. Irrigation can come from wells or rainwater harvesting. You will only succeed if you can compost crop residues and supply manure as organic fertilizer - that will help replenish the soil and cannot be avoided if you are to get good crops on your small plot of land. Crop rotation and intercropping with legumes can also maintain soil fertility over time.

If you can go into detail with your questions we might be able to give more useful advice.

To be honest, even if you have ideal conditions for the crop of your choice, farming will still not be a fulfilling experience. Successful farmers exploit the poor for backbreaking labor, driving them into early graves. Being a successful farmer is almost as bad as being a corrupt police officer.

Describe your circumstances. We will become more helpful the more we know of your life.

Translations: Marathi, Hindi, Urdu
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
garg2024456

Post by garg2024456 »

I have decided to move my farm into an indoor garden. for this i haved to purchased seeds online from good online store and thank you for well descriptive reply
spot

Post by spot »

garg2024456 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:11 pm I have decided to move my farm into an indoor garden. for this i haved to purchased seeds online from good online store and thank you for well descriptive reply
Garg, I am delighted that you have returned. You seem to be a reasonable person. We welcome you to the site despite your product placement.

We would like to know the background story to your recruitment into the shill industry. Shill is placing links to products you have never used, that you have no competence to recommend, that you are mentioning in a fictitious context in exchange for some benefit. Do you get paid for posting? Who provides the link between you and the owner of the product?

If you can describe these details we would find it helpful. We have no idea how the shill industry works. We - the forum owners and the people who post here - are merely the victims of the shill operators. You are sufficiently far down the food chain that we sympathize with you. Please post more in this thread.

There are two things I do not believe. I do not believe you work for https://theaffordableorganicstore.com/contact-us/ - that's the correct link to the site, you made a mistake in your link by leaving off the http protocol prefix. And I don't believe anyone at TAOS knows you are posting shill links to their website either. I think there's a computer firm who has offered to increase TAOS's website ranking on search engines, and that they have employed you to post the links on as many forum sites on the Internet as will allow you to do so. I can see dozens of places where you've left your trail of shill references. I don't think you're a villain, but I do think the shady computer firm is behaving unethically.

It would help me immensely if you could give me a link here to the website of the computer firm, and the name and email address of the project manager there who instructs you to make these posts. I would very much like to talk with him online.

Meanwhile, here is my email to the management at TAOS:

To: info@theaffordableorganicstore.com
The Affordable Organics Store
7-4-53/1, Vani Nagar, Balanagar, Hyderabad, Telangana-500011
+91 (0) 40 66588313

Dear SEO & Social Media Manager,

I am the admin at https://forumgarden.com currently discussing your firm at viewtopic.php?p=1544594#p1544594 - I would be grateful if you could read the relevant post.

I think you have commissioned a local computer firm to promote TAOS and that you are unaware of one of the techniques he has employed. The technique is called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill - "A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps or gives credibility to a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with said person or organization". It is regarded by many advertisers on the Internet as unethical practice. The article at Wikipedia notes that "Reputable organizations may prohibit their employees and other interested parties (contractors, agents, etc.) from participating in public forums or discussion groups in which a conflict of interest might arise, or will at least insist that their employees and agents refrain from participating in any way that might create a conflict of interest." You might like to check https://wordofmouthbook.com/download/et ... cklist.pdf as well for a current ethics summary, and https://www.google.com/search?q=%22garg2024456%22 as an indication that my website is not the only site involved.

I do not believe for a moment that these shill posts are related in any way with the The Affordable Organic Store Partner Program.

I would be grateful if you could give me an email address and the company name of the firm you contracted with for this promotion so that I may discuss the practice with him. I do not hold TAOS in any way as responsible for what he is doing, but I would like the opportunity of seeing the technique from his perspective.

Sincerely yours,

John Harris.

I discussed the matter in general terms with an AI, Claude-2. Here's its response:

There are a few reasons why undisclosed promotional content may persist despite potentially backfiring:
  • It can be hard to definitively trace it back to a company. Without proof, they may claim no involvement.
  • If done subtly, some consumers may not realize the content is promotional. It blends in with authentic reviews/posts.
  • Short term gains in buzz & sales may outweigh risks of backlash if exposed.
  • Companies may use third parties for stealth marketing, insulating themselves from blowback.
  • Negative feedback is often diffuse vs coordinated, so doesn't deter companies strongly.
  • Consumers have short attention spans. Backlash may fade faster than discipline changes.
  • With limited regulatory oversight, the risk of penalties for non-transparency is low.
  • Companies weigh risks vs rewards and may accept some backfire, seeing it as a cost of doing business.
So while exposure carries risks, the incentives of driving consumer behavior through less transparent means likely outweigh that currently. Stronger consumer demand for transparency and accountability could shift the balance. But for now, the practice persists despite its issues.

It has nevertheless been a cause of irritation for at least the last 16 years on this site, as viewtopic.php?t=28985 demonstrates. Or as the marketing droid said, "It's all about good vibes and a great skate when you're shredding the streets".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Introductions”