This month's Prime Minister

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Re: This month's Prime Minister

Post by spot »

spot wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:59 amFive days later the 7-week-old Home Secretary went on an ultra-right-wing fantasy rant which even Alaric the Goth would have blushed at. The Prime Minister fired her too (citing a technical infraction of a procedural nicety as an excuse). To have given the actual reason - that the Home Secretary was enthusiastically engaged in a power-crazed scorched-earth instant implementation of Conservative manifesto "Hostile Environment" immigration commitments which should never have been made - would have been too embarrassing to the party as a whole, so the technical excuse was the only way to shut the Home Secretary up.
For those not paying attention, that was Suella Braverman.

Suella Braverman was re-appointed to the Home Office and is still Home Secretary.

Allow me to demonstrate her deranged incompetence. This isn't an obscure inaccurate source, it's the official UK government record of speeches by members of the UK cabinet.
GOV.UK

Published 7 March 2023

Oral statement to Parliament
Home Secretary statement on the Illegal Immigration Bill

In the face of today’s global migration crisis, yesterday’s laws are simply not fit for purpose.

So to anyone proposing de facto open borders through unlimited safe and legal routes as the alternative, let’s be honest: by some counts there are 100 million people around the world who could qualify for protection under our current laws.

And let’s be clear: They are coming here.

These are not the words of a well-balanced politician, these are the words of a total fantasist with no grip whatever on life, the universe or anything.

The Rt Hon Suella Braverman KC MP controls the UK Home Office. I've talked with more coherent, better informed, primary school pupils.

The current administration consists of incompetent extremists who believe their own idiocies.

In the face of today’s global migration crisis, yesterday’s politicians are simply not fit for purpose.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Current Political Events”