America is Shutting Down

Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

spot;1532345 wrote: This was it, I, presume. Being the Washington Times I have no idea whether the story had any basis in fact, but this was the story.

Clearly you reed the wrong papers, Snooze.

Here ya go Spot actual footage of the event.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/1 ... ion-video/
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

There are a lot of stories that the mainstream media don't talk about much.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/04/nancy-pe ... m-freezer/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... nsure-vot/
Snooz

America is Shutting Down

Post by Snooz »

gmc;1532355 wrote: I was actually watching it live when trump suggested injecting disinfectant or breathing it in as a cure for covid 19 as well as getting light in to the body somehow and asking the doctors to look in to it. How bad is the american educational sytem that people would believe drinking dettol will do anything except kill you in a most painful manner? The reaction of Dr Brix sittng behind him will be a meme in years to come.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ice-bleach

It's like watching a bad comedy sketch he's beyond satire.

And then he claimed it was sarcasm to wind the media up. His stupidity is boundless.
Snooz

America is Shutting Down

Post by Snooz »

"Nancy Pelosi Under Criticism for Ice Cream Freezer Stash"

OHMYGODBURNTHEWITCH!!!1!
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Hope6;1532362 wrote: Here ya go Spot actual footage of the event.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/1 ... ion-video/

That's a very helpful link, I had no idea sites like that existed.

If the New Year baying contest had involved a million "Trump-haters" spread widely across America I'd be horrified at the foolishness and bad taste involved. What I saw in the video was around 300 people gathering by arrangement New York to provide news footage as a joke. I doubt anyone did that anywhere unless there were news teams around to film them doing it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

Snooz;1532366 wrote: "Nancy Pelosi Under Criticism for Ice Cream Freezer Stash"

OHMYGODBURNTHEWITCH!!!1!

She was sitting in front of her $24,000 freezer bragging about her $13.00 a pint ice cream, while there were people out here wondering how that were going to feed their children that night! She needed to be in Washington doing her job! It was at the very least, in the light of the times now, in very bad taste.
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

spot;1532367 wrote: That's a very helpful link, I had no idea sites like that existed.

If the New Year baying contest had involved a million "Trump-haters" spread widely across America I'd be horrified at the foolishness and bad taste involved. What I saw in the video was around 300 people gathering by arrangement New York to provide news footage as a joke. I doubt anyone did that anywhere unless there were news teams around to film them doing it.

I agree, I think they did it to get on the news but there is actually something called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a derogatory term for criticism of, or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are alleged to be irrational and have little regard towards Trump's actual positions or actions taken.

Trump derangement syndrome - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Der ... t_Syndrome
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

My symptoms began to appear long before he even announced that he was in the running for POTUS.

I think it may have been around the time he bought Mar a Lago.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

They just announced on the news. The worldwide death toll from this virus has passed 200,000 cases. 200,698
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Hope6;1532372 wrote: I agree, I think they did it to get on the news but there is actually something called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a derogatory term for criticism of, or negative reactions to United States President Donald Trump that are alleged to be irrational and have little regard towards Trump's actual positions or actions taken.

Trump derangement syndrome - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_Der ... t_Syndrome

You left out the actual information in that Wikipedia article: "The term has been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions". It's a term of partisan abuse, not a medical diagnosis.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Hope6;1532376 wrote: They just announced on the news. The worldwide death toll from this virus has passed 200,000 cases. 200,698

The count of cases has a use, it's a way of comparing last week to this week. What it's counting is anyone's guess but so long as they stick to the same reporting requirement from one week to the next then it's helpful.

I worry that it's subject to political manipulation at any level, from a town or city massaging the number to a country lying its head off, like Indonesia. Russia rather depressingly lied for quite a while too.

The other problem is the half of the world which has no access to any formal medical unit which is reporting upward. If "cases" in general means people ill enough to go to a formal medic for help, and has a test, and is found positive for the virus, then the published cases total is missing a growing proportion of people who are in fact in need of treatment for Covid-19 but have no access to tests or nursing. The world's rural workers and the world's urban slum dwellers are neither of them being counted. I would not be surprised if they already amount to most of the infected sick, and their proportion will increase for months to come.

The same problem will arise eventually for the number killed by the virus. If the bodies aren't tested they're not counted then either.

To get a perspective on 200,000 deaths so far worldwide, that's one death to Covid-19 for every 285 deaths from other causes. It wouldn't show as even a blip on a graph. It is a trivial figure. If it goes up a hundred times it will be a quarter of all deaths in 2020 which is still only a bump on the road. We will have run over a dog, not hit a lamp post.
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Who here thinks/believes releasing this Covid-19 was a accident?

I've read a article from Bill O'Reilly - he has you thinking for sure.

Could refer back to Spot's conspiracy theory.

Patsy
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1532386 wrote: Who here thinks/believes releasing this Covid-19 was a accident?

Patsy

O'Reilly. There's a name I haven't heard for a while.

And, no, I don't buy into all that.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/cor ... sis-nature
- DH Lawrence
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1532386 wrote: Who here thinks/believes releasing this Covid-19 was a accident?

Patsy

I merely wondered what proportion of top-level politicians in America had been given antibody injections from survivors, to protect those politicians from catching the disease, that's all. None of them appear to be socially distancing and not one of them appears to have become infected. Their lack of distancing etiquette and the large number of them doing it suggests at least some of them should be ill by now.

Just asking whether "releasing this Covid-19 was a accident" assumes it was released. It's one of those problems where having no evidence that it was doesn't mean it wasn't. If you can suggest a way to prove that it wasn't, we'll go and find it for you. I don't think it's provable that it wasn't, it's calling for evidence that something didn't happen. It's a notorious problem that has bedevilled this site since it opened.

The simple fact is that if there were evidence that the virus had been deliberately or accidentally released then it would be the leed headline in every news agency in the world. That's how and when you'll know such a release happened. People wanting fame and attention can claim it happened, but I think the assumption must be that it needs proof before it can become an accepted truth. Until then it's what we call bias and prejudice put about by bogus shysters.

I don't think I've ever suggested an official or accepted story was untrue unless there was evidence that it was untrue.
Snooz

America is Shutting Down

Post by Snooz »

Oy vey.
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Snooz;1532392 wrote: Oy vey.

I did write back in March "Can things get worse? Of course they can. The President still hasn't got to falsely announcing "America was deliberately attacked" yet."

Presumably Mr O'Reilly is egging him on to take the leap.
Snooz

America is Shutting Down

Post by Snooz »

I was hoping to live the rest of my life without being reminded O'Reilly exists.
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Snooz;1532395 wrote: I was hoping to live the rest of my life without being reminded O'Reilly exists.

It is not a name with which I am familiar. I occasionally reed programming books in a series published by an O'Reilly but I doubt this Bill can be him. Perhaps you could describe his history in a few words, Snooze. A spontaneous encomium, some sort of tribute to his style, his content and his times. I shall sit back in pleasant anticipation, I enjoy hearing your thoughts.
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

This article was written to bring together all of the wild suggestions into one place Patsy, I hope reeding the whole piece helps.

From the early stages of the coronavirus outbreak, conspiracy theories about the origin and scale of the disease were spread on online platforms.

Among these were the false claim that the virus was part of a Chinese "covert biological weapons programme", and a baseless claim that a Canadian-Chinese spy team had sent coronavirus to Wuhan.

The claim that the virus was man-made has been pushed by numerous conspiracy groups on Facebook, obscure Twitter accounts and even found its way on to primetime Russian state TV.

And months into the outbreak, not only have these theories not faded away, but new, unverified claims have been promoted by government officials, senior politicians and media outlets in China and the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-522243 ... ting-story

It is, as you can see, all dangerous stuff which could go up in flames any time.
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1532397 wrote: It is not a name with which I am familiar. I occasionally reed programming books in a series published by an O'Reilly but I doubt this Bill can be him. Perhaps you could describe his history in a few words, Snooze. A spontaneous encomium, some sort of tribute to his style, his content and his times. I shall sit back in pleasant anticipation, I enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Well, here you go:

https://www.billoreilly.com/

Enjoy
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Hope6;1532371 wrote: She was sitting in front of her $24,000 freezer bragging about her $13.00 a pint ice cream, while there were people out here wondering how that were going to feed their children that night! She needed to be in Washington doing her job! It was at the very least, in the light of the times now, in very bad taste.

Column: Politicizing Nancy Pelosi’s ice cream is a fridge too far
- DH Lawrence
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1532405 wrote: Well, here you go:

Enjoy

So. Let me try to be sufficiently accurate as to avoid libel. Not an easy task.

This is a news reporter equivalent of Harvey Weinstein or President Trump we're talking about in terms of payments to women who refused thereafter to press charges for sexual misbehavior? Including one payment said to amount to $32m? The main difference being that Harvey Weinstein ended up in jail for that sort of thing while President Trump merely got quoted a lot about grabbing them by the pussy because they couldn't do anything about it and so on, and this reporter chap just got ignored and forgotten by most of the people who'd ever heard of him?

If $32m is small change for Mr O'Reilly then he's clearly done well out of self-promotion. Had he an engaging manner on screen or was he just a git?
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

He's more of a News Commentator, basically a Git, but with a voice and demeanor that seems to remind some of the that old commentator, Paul Harvey.

Though I don't think he quite makes the cut.
- DH Lawrence
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1532408 wrote: He's more of a News Commentator, basically a Git, but with a voice and demeanor that seems to remind some of the that old commentator, Paul Harvey.

Though I don't think he quite makes the cut.

I quite approved of Alistair Cooke and Walter Cronkite, I don't remember trusting anyone in that position since.
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I opened a can of worm with pulling up O'Reilly from the archives.. LOl

I didn't say I trusted him or respected him - I just read a article from O'Reilly.

Spot thanks for the article.

Our count has jumper to 6500 and still on a complete lock down.

We're at 100 degrees & climbing - above ground pools are in demand & can't keep up with the orders. Kids are home - no parks - no public pools & it's 105 degrees today - the water out of the hose is hot - not refreshing.

"They" say the virus dies in the heat - shortens it's time on a surface - I'm good with that.

Today with this lock down I'm glad I don't have kids.. LOl

Stay Safe

Patsy
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

I'm quite sure the virus dies quicker in the heat, yes. Where it stays alive and grows is inside infected people, that's why you're keeping your distance. People are wet bags full of living virus and every now and then they fling some out in wet gobbets. Don't breathe those in before the sunshine kills them. If they reach a surface and fry, that's all to the good. Being sneezed or coughed or salivated over isn't good, it's bad. Don't kiss strangers outdoors, take them home and disinfect them first.

Given so much daytime heat, do you ever get power cuts?
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1532413 wrote: I opened a can of worm with pulling up O'Reilly from the archives.. LOl

I didn't say I trusted him or respected him - I just read a article from O'Reilly.

Spot thanks for the article.

Our count has jumper to 6500 and still on a complete lock down.

We're at 100 degrees & climbing - above ground pools are in demand & can't keep up with the orders. Kids are home - no parks - no public pools & it's 105 degrees today - the water out of the hose is hot - not refreshing.

"They" say the virus dies in the heat - shortens it's time on a surface - I'm good with that.

Today with this lock down I'm glad I don't have kids.. LOl

Stay Safe

Patsy

I think the problem is that it takes something like 130+ degrees f to actually kill the bug.
- DH Lawrence
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1532415 wrote: I think the problem is that it takes something like 130+ degrees f to actually kill the bug.

I was thinking more that the spittle evaporates quicker, and a dry virus is very dead.
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Spot

NO - we don't have power outage due to the extreme heat & air running & all fans on etc.

We have our storm season in August & you might experience power outage.

Our electric Co. has in the past shut off electricity for being past due - with out air conditioning/power a few elderly died last year. Of course with this virus this year the electric Co. and water Co. have agreed to leave everything up & running whether your behind in paying - households with no income will be so buried in bills this stimulus check will do nothing for many.

My electric bill for summer months runs me @ $300.00 a month so you can see how these bills will accumulate quickly. That's why we have sooooo many protesting to reopen.

Patsy
Snooz

America is Shutting Down

Post by Snooz »

spot;1532397 wrote: It is not a name with which I am familiar. I occasionally reed programming books in a series published by an O'Reilly but I doubt this Bill can be him. Perhaps you could describe his history in a few words, Snooze. A spontaneous encomium, some sort of tribute to his style, his content and his times. I shall sit back in pleasant anticipation, I enjoy hearing your thoughts.

No.
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1532417 wrote: I was thinking more that the spittle evaporates quicker, and a dry virus is very dead.

Yeah, good point.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

America is Shutting Down

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1532390 wrote: I merely wondered what proportion of top-level politicians in America had been given antibody injections from survivors, to protect those politicians from catching the disease, that's all. None of them appear to be socially distancing and not one of them appears to have become infected. Their lack of distancing etiquette and the large number of them doing it suggests at least some of them should be ill by now.

We do not in fact know if plasma antibody injections from survivors actually works. In NYC the infection rate, at this low stage of testing, is approximately 20%. Of those, approximately 80% will have no symptoms or sail through them. Of the 20% who are symptomatic, most will recover. A few will die.

The crisis began when the hospitals and staff were overwhelmed. At the best of times, NYC hospitals are approximately 90% full. If, in the Very Beginning, field hospitals, vacant hotels and college dorms were turned into hospital rooms, with enough staff gotten any way possible people might not have become as hysterical as they are. And they ARE. The situation called for quick, immediate action from competent people in charge, not clowns.

Love from the Epicenter,

AB
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1532457 wrote: We do not in fact know if plasma antibody injections from survivors actually works.

You'd think it would have at least been tried by now, don't you think? Worth a shot at least.

I hope you don't get daft ideas like volunteering as a nursing assistant.
AnneBoleyn

America is Shutting Down

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1532459 wrote:

I hope you don't get daft ideas like volunteering as a nursing assistant.

Excuse me, have we met?
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

spot;1532379 wrote: You left out the actual information in that Wikipedia article: "The term has been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions". It's a term of partisan abuse, not a medical diagnosis.

and if you read it you see that there was also Bush derangement syndrome and Obama derangement syndrome.
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

I haven't heard much about people saying the virus was made in the lab. Most of the stories I'm hearing are that they were studying it in the lab and it got out and after it got out they hid that fact from the rest of the world.
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

LarsMac;1532405 wrote: Well, here you go:

Enjoy

I always liked Bill O'Reilly I used to watch his show on Fox News all the time. I loved the way he never backed off of anybody.
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

AnneBoleyn;1532461 wrote: Excuse me, have we met?

Hi Anne! I hope you are doing okay and keeping safe!
Hope6

America is Shutting Down

Post by Hope6 »

I like Judge Jeanine, she tells it like it is and doesn't back off of anyone either.

this sums everything up perfectly!

AnneBoleyn

America is Shutting Down

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hope6;1532470 wrote: Hi Anne! I hope you are doing okay and keeping safe!

Hi Hope. I'm about as okay as I can be and hope Hope is doing well too!
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Hope6;1532471 wrote: I like Judge Jeanine, she tells it like it is and doesn't back off of anyone either.

this sums everything up perfectly!

Yeah, unbiased and even-handed. Umm-Hmmm.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

America is Shutting Down

Post by Snooz »

There's an excellent political cartoon with "he tells it like it is" and it's probably fortunate that I can't post photos here.
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Our Lakes are full to capacity - thousands - some vehicles are from out of state.

What don't these people get?

Have they not heard about this virus?

Is it they don't believe there is a virus?

Vegas is reopening Friday - too soon?

I feel these gatherings will create a round 2 lockdown.

I'm disgusted

Patsy
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Snooz;1532486 wrote: There's an excellent political cartoon with "he tells it like it is" and it's probably fortunate that I can't post photos here.

You're definitely allowed.

I still think Barry Blitt's New Yorker cover The Politics of Fear is unbeaten among political cartoons, it said everything about the dirty campaign in 2008.
spot

America is Shutting Down

Post by spot »

Patsy Warnick;1532488 wrote: I feel these gatherings will create a round 2 lockdown.

I'm disgusted

Patsy

So long as you stay hunkered down it can't get you, but it will be a long long year.
Bryn Mawr

America is Shutting Down

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1532490 wrote: So long as you stay hunkered down it can't get you, but it will be a long long year.

And an impoverished year the year after if it happens :-(
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1532488 wrote: Our Lakes are full to capacity - thousands - some vehicles are from out of state.

What don't these people get?

Have they not heard about this virus?

Is it they don't believe there is a virus?

Vegas is reopening Friday - too soon?

I feel these gatherings will create a round 2 lockdown.

I'm disgusted

Patsy

Hang in there, and stay safe.

My step son drives a truck, and is making regular runs between here and L.A.

Says he has been driving I-15 with Cruise Control set at 65 mph, and the last month or so, he's never once had to slow down going through Vegas. Kind of eerie to see it so quiet.

I plan to stay home until mid May, except for getting out for my daily walks.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

OH it's pure frustration - we all want the best out come -" We're in this together" and our lakes are full - @ 6 people per boat - beach is full.. blah blah

I had a melt down the other day - I couldn't go to the store - cried - OMG..

Lars is your wonderful vacation still a go?

I'm sure Vegas was really weird empty - my Nephew had the heart of Seattle all to himself - he said it was eerie.

Patsy
LarsMac

America is Shutting Down

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1532498 wrote: OH it's pure frustration - we all want the best out come -" We're in this together" and our lakes are full - @ 6 people per boat - beach is full.. blah blah

I had a melt down the other day - I couldn't go to the store - cried - OMG..

Lars is your wonderful vacation still a go?

I'm sure Vegas was really weird empty - my Nephew had the heart of Seattle all to himself - he said it was eerie.

Patsy

Oh, no. We ended up having to cancel. Firstly, we didn't draw any of the seats to the New Year shindig in Vienna, there was so much uncertainty about how things will play out this year, We decided not to commit to the expenses that would be required up front.

Besides, the farm out east looks like it will take a bit more dough that we had thought at first.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

America is Shutting Down

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lars Good decision

We'll see how the year plays out?

The economy scares me. I'm retired so finance wise I'm on a fixed income - I'm scared for others. I fear of receiving a call for a loan & I can't do it. Uncomfortable position to be in - but I'll have to say no. So, we'll see how this year plays out?

I have old ration books (partial use of stamps) from the Depression era - do you think we're headed towards another Depression?

Spot - Depression or not? curious

Patsy

Return to “Health Wellness”