Not with a Bang, but with a Sneeze?

Bryn Mawr

Re: Not with a Bang, but with a Sneeze?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:42 pm I had the Moderna spike vaccine four weeks ago for the current mix of variants and rested through a couple of days to get past the reaction. I'm pleased I did it.

eta: I am reliably corrected. I was apparently comatose and complaining for an entire week. I have no recollection but I would be the last one to argue.
Is that not your normal state? :-)
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:09 pm
LarsMac wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:45 pm A follow up on the vax. They said that it could spark a rather strong immune response.
They didn't lie.
Holy CRAP!
I started feeling a bit tired and achy by dinner time, and turned in about 9 PM. Sleeping was fitful and every time I woke I felt like I had been beat and left for dead.
Next day wasn't too bad, as long as I didn't get up and try to do anything useful. Finally around dinner time I began to feel human again.
Even today, though, I'm feeling a bit less that active, though I did get out and get some work done in preparation for the freeze that we are expecting tonight.
Now, I think it's time for a nap (again)
That doesn't sound good - is that worse than your previous jabs?
It was, indeed. With the previous ones, I was fine until the next morning, when I woke feeling rather low, and just lazed about the house, napping.
This one came on much faster, and lasted well into the next evening with a vicious headache.
Even now, I'm feeling a bit sluggish.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I had a really sore arm. Might have had a bit of a headache but not much. Certainly didn't have to go back to bed, just took painkillers and got on with it. I suspect you guys had some form of man covid reaction :lol:

We had a weekend away and went to see a band and we didn't wear masks, watch this space to see if we regret that in a week or so's time. Don't want to go back to the place that doesn't feel like my home anymore. :cry:
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Betty Boop wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:47 am I had a really sore arm. Might have had a bit of a headache but not much. Certainly didn't have to go back to bed, just took painkillers and got on with it. I suspect you guys had some form of man covid reaction :lol:

We had a weekend away and went to see a band and we didn't wear masks, watch this space to see if we regret that in a week or so's time. Don't want to go back to the place that doesn't feel like my home anymore. :cry:
I've noticed that women complain more about a sore arm, and seem to miss out on the real knock down symptoms.
The Mrs says That's the way it has always been when a bug comes around. The Men grovel and whine and spend days in bed, while the Women just get up and go back to work.
I think that I may have been insulted by that.
Hmmm, ...
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

LarsMac wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:34 am
Betty Boop wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:47 am I had a really sore arm. Might have had a bit of a headache but not much. Certainly didn't have to go back to bed, just took painkillers and got on with it. I suspect you guys had some form of man covid reaction :lol:

I've noticed that women complain more about a sore arm, and seem to miss out on the real knock down symptoms.
The Mrs says That's the way it has always been when a bug comes around. The Men grovel and whine and spend days in bed, while the Women just get up and go back to work.
I think that I may have been insulted by that.
Hmmm, ...
Think your Mrs is right :lol: I think the difference is, men could take a day off work and die quietly in the corner. Sadly for women given that their work was in the home they had to get up and carry on as the children still needed seeing to and the man expected a meal even though he was at death's door.
Luckily times are a changing and that doesn't happen any more now we have equal rights in all areas... :roll: :roll: :roll:
spot

Post by spot »

spot wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:32 am The question of whether SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes Covid-19, first infected a human as a result of a leak from the National Biosafety Laboratory at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, is hotting up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-57926368

There are only two biosafety level 4 facilities in the whole of China. One of those is located within a mile of the presumed initial outbreak.

That could of course be a coincidence. I don't like coincidences at all but I concede they're not impossibilities.
It always was a damned huge coincidence left hanging because nobody wanted to nail down the answer.

I still want to know whether the specific research at Wuhan had American finance, after similar research projects were banned on US soil the year before. That, I suggest, is the underlying question in need of an honest answer.
Covid-19 escaped from Wuhan lab, US report finds

The Covid-19 virus is likely to have escaped from a laboratory in Wuhan by accident, according to an update by the US Department of Energy, contradicting other American agencies which say there is insufficient evidence to prove the theory.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/covi ... -x629t298t (paywalled Murdoch tabloid, admittedly)

The Wall Street Journal started the report, but I seem to remember that's a Murdoch title too so it'll be just as paywalled.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

From what I was reading, even the authors of that report state that there is very low confidence in the accuracy of said report.
My first thought is, what is the point of it.

I found this article in another forum. recently. it's dated before the news of the Cruise ship that seemed to have helped bring the bug to the West.
https://www.science.org/content/article ... a-outbreak
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Events”