I met the NUT in the neighborhood - yes - I called the Police

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I walk every afternoon - I speed walk and step up on the curb & down - step up & down.

We have these half moon shaped streets I call them loops. So, I go out my front door and walk a loop which leads you right back out to my street then 1/2 block there's another loop and so on.

I'm walking & I hear something - take my ear bud out & turn - there's a truck revving up his motor - tires are burning & here he comes - I'm frozen.. I'm backing up but it doesn't seem like I'm moving. shock I guess.

He gets right by me - fish tails the back end of his truck so the asphalt & gravel blow all over me. Now his truck is sideways in the street so he burns his tires forward the backing up. I watch him so I can see where he lives as he backs into his driveway.

I round the loop - not sure what the heck that was about..

So, I go back to his house. I kick the gravel - I want him to hear me and here we go..

He screams - "you better learn how to walk around here" up the curb & down & up & down - just ridiculous - your going to get your A$$ killed out there. I said Thank you for your imput - I'm walking towards my main street - he's still screaming all his vulgar language. I said - Have a nice night - He flips out screaming Oh, your a smart A$$- goes to the hood of his truck aims & pretends to shoot a gun at me - not once but twice..

I said OK NUT Case - I'm calling the Police - He now comes out in the street - his arms flying around screaming - Bring it on B - bring it on - cops won't do anything etc..

This is my 3rd NUT in the neighborhood- I'm just lucky only 3.. all this because "HE" didn't like how I was walking.

Retirement communities seem to be a catch all..

Patsy
spot

Post by spot »

Perhaps he has no remaining interests in life and he's bored. That's no excuse for his antisocial excitement though. I can remember when middle management was promoted for behaving that way toward their office team members but times change.

At a practical level I reckon you might invest in a body camera, they fit in a tailored pocket, they're inconspicuous and sufficiently light that you become unaware of them, they are the only evidence you could have that would count with law enforcement, city hall or a court. You put it on a charger overnight like a cellphone, it's permanently on all day and acts like a plane's black box. It will even prove extreme distress by monitoring your heart rate alongside the imagery.

Litigation will shut him out of your life, he can pay for your lawyer, but you have to have more than mere assertion or witnesses to make a case that would stick. If that device doesn't in fact exist we could form a corporation and make a fortune. In all probability it could even be implemented as a phone app.

I do not repetitively step up and down on the curbs while walking, the local camber makes sidewalks feel like a traverse of the Eiger. I walk in the road rather than risk a twisted ankle. No driver in England would spoil his own day by knocking down a pedestrian.

And as an aside, have you never seen an aerial photograph of [location removed by moderator]? The design office back in the fifties doodled a half-mile stiffy on the plan and it's still there on the ground. Very prominently. Perhaps nobody flies over and notices.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Would that be the rude man of cerne?

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cerne-giant
spot

Post by spot »

gmc;1523144 wrote: Would that be the rude man of cerne?

Well... part of him, anyhow.

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

He seems a sad little mysoginist but were you not the type of person you are that would actually be quite intimidating especially ina place like america where you allow nutters to buy guns.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Patsy Warnick;1523141 wrote: I walk every afternoon - I speed walk and step up on the curb & down - step up & down.

We have these half moon shaped streets I call them loops. So, I go out my front door and walk a loop which leads you right back out to my street then 1/2 block there's another loop and so on.

I'm walking & I hear something - take my ear bud out & turn - there's a truck revving up his motor - tires are burning & here he comes - I'm frozen.. I'm backing up but it doesn't seem like I'm moving. shock I guess.

He gets right by me - fish tails the back end of his truck so the asphalt & gravel blow all over me. Now his truck is sideways in the street so he burns his tires forward the backing up. I watch him so I can see where he lives as he backs into his driveway.

I round the loop - not sure what the heck that was about..

So, I go back to his house. I kick the gravel - I want him to hear me and here we go..

He screams - "you better learn how to walk around here" up the curb & down & up & down - just ridiculous - your going to get your A$$ killed out there. I said Thank you for your imput - I'm walking towards my main street - he's still screaming all his vulgar language. I said - Have a nice night - He flips out screaming Oh, your a smart A$$- goes to the hood of his truck aims & pretends to shoot a gun at me - not once but twice..

I said OK NUT Case - I'm calling the Police - He now comes out in the street - his arms flying around screaming - Bring it on B - bring it on - cops won't do anything etc..

This is my 3rd NUT in the neighborhood- I'm just lucky only 3.. all this because "HE" didn't like how I was walking.

Retirement communities seem to be a catch-all..

Patsy

What you seen to describe are bulb Cul-de-sac.

I've lived where I would walk along the road passing four of them. Always wondered what it was like living that close facing your neighbors. I don't know what that guy's problem is. I would find your routine rather entertaining. Someone safe to say hello to.

As far as reporting the encounter at best it is now on record and a sure bet this is not his only rude/dangerous behavior. Just hopes others report him.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I was afraid to report him at first - then I realized it was my second incident with the nut.

My husband & I are driving out gold cart - sitting at a corner waiting to make a left hand turn - we see this black truck & then all of a sudden this black truck turns quickly - I screamed thinking he was going to hit the golf cart since he turned as a last minute quick decision. My husband said "what no blinker" - we start to make our turn when this nut in the black truck decides turn burn his tires in reverse coming towards us. The nut screams " My blinkers don't work - so F off" and fish tailed so gravel was thrown & he left.

So during my encounter with the Nut as I was walking wrong - I realized it was the same Nut - so I finished my conversation with the Nut by saying - Hey did you ever get your blinkers fixed? That's when he brought out his fake gun & aimed & fired at me.

I told the police - he's obviously troubled - I don't want to press any charges as I don't want any revenge rage.

Tude Dog - yes - they're a cul de sac type road.

These roads are meant to encourage people to engage with each other.. LOL

They're working.. LOL

Patsy
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Patsy Warnick;1523154 wrote: I was afraid to report him at first - then I realized it was my second incident with the nut.

My husband & I are driving out gold cart - sitting at a corner waiting to make a left hand turn - we see this black truck & then all of a sudden this black truck turns quickly - I screamed thinking he was going to hit the golf cart since he turned as a last minute quick decision. My husband said "what no blinker" - we start to make our turn when this nut in the black truck decides turn burn his tires in reverse coming towards us. The nut screams " My blinkers don't work - so F off" and fish tailed so gravel was thrown & he left.

So during my encounter with the Nut as I was walking wrong - I realized it was the same Nut - so I finished my conversation with the Nut by saying - Hey did you ever get your blinkers fixed? That's when he brought out his fake gun & aimed & fired at me.

I told the police - he's obviously troubled - I don't want to press any charges as I don't want any revenge rage.

Tude Dog - yes - they're a cul de sac type road.

These roads are meant to encourage people to engage with each other.. LOL

They're working.. LOL

Patsy

Does he have family? If so, I would talk with them and see if this behavior is common and if the whole family is crazy.

I would keep reporting everything I see about him and his family and tell the cops you want to remain anonymous, that way he keeps getting hassled by police and doesn't necessarily know it's you. Maybe he will move on.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

YZGI

The neighbors told me he recently moved in with his Parents.! Not sure of his temper with them???

I will report every thing this NUT is involved in.

The last NUT moved - that Nut was a neighbor 2 doors down from me - we live on a golf course - all of a sudden this Nut was on the golf course fighting with a golfer.

Police state there are several Veterans with PTSD etc..?

Well when a car attacks me - now I have PTSD.. LOL

Patsy
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

OH dear god...is it that time of year? Is it the weather? I too in the last week had a nutter on my doorstep. I don't understand the polices response. At the very least it's "dangerous Drive" ..or at least (in your country ) assault with a deadly weapon.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mag

it was assault with a weapon - his weapon of choice was his vehicle.

I didn't press charges - I'm afraid of any more rage..

Patsy
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Well at least the police have a heads up about it now. I got abused because I helped a man off a roof after his ladder fell down in the wind. Go figure. Had a feeling about this guy and it has come true. Oh well, at least they wont be living there full time .
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Patsy Warnick;1523141 wrote:

Patsy

That is kinda of scary! I have a few of those around my neighborhood as well. I had one come speeding by, and when I motioned for him to slow down he jumped out and made as if to attack me.

I just stood stoically and he blustered a bit and then drove off. It might have been the shovel that I was holding that dissuaded him...
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I remember water hosing some teenage kids racing down my street one day, they raced back to me in a threatening way and I hosed them again. never sped down my block after that.

Now I have just moved to the country, built a metal house and garage and don't have to worry about the crazy town people anymore.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

YZGI

I hosed my 1st Nut I met - he has 2 large Labs & he'd let them run on the golf course - no leash - I would listen to him scream at his dogs. I finally told him what I thought etc.. And the revenge headache started.

He would drive his golf cart down the course to my house at night with his lights off and throw dog poo into my yard - I have a pool-...

So i had my hose pulled out & ready for his next drive by.. Got him

he is no longer a issue - he's still a nut - slugged a man recently at a club house?

I loved hosing the guy

Patsy
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

My mum did that back in the seventies. Us kids had just come home from hospital after having adnoid ear grommet operations. Some twit, who'd done the old broom stick up the exhaust pipe trick to make his motor bike louder, was travelling up and down our street .

Really great water pressure in those days.
minks

Post by minks »

My goodness he is a NUT.

People are horrible everywhere.

2 weeks ago we almost had our motorbike stolen from our bike garage. They managed to cut the lock and get into the garage/shed, and our alarm went off. When we went out to see, there they were, 1 in the garage, one outside. Claiming they were sent to pick up camping gear... armed with bolt cutters.... Riiiiight. Well get this... they were 2 women, early 30's. After a tussel with the one in the garage I went into the house to get my phone to video, and be damed if the one outside did not come after my husband with a tazer FFS a tazer!

Needless to say police did not make it in time, they got away.

However we did get word we have to go make do a photo ID as they think they have a suspect. We are just waiting on a date and time.

People are f***ed up, this is our second break in where someone is trying real hard to get their hands on our bike.

:-5

Patsy keep safe and keep reporting the NUT eventually something has to happen.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “General Chit Chat”