Moving house

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Moving house

Post by magentaflame »

God i hate this crap. Do you know how much you accumulate in nine years?

Changing from horizons all around me to the sea. Well a sea inlet i suppose.

Not a fan of packing and moving.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Moving house

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame;1520507 wrote: God i hate this crap. Do you know how much you accumulate in nine years?

Changing from horizons all around me to the sea. Well a sea inlet i suppose.

Not a fan of packing and moving.

I feel for you. We have moved 6 times in the last 20 years, each time except the last one thinking it would be the last. now the next time, we shall be perpetually mobile.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Clodhopper

Moving house

Post by Clodhopper »

Well known as one of the most stressful things we do in our lives. Sympathies.

At least it sounds as though you'll end up somewhere nice. Sea inlet? Sounds good to me!
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
xfrodobagginsx

Moving house

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

I am moving in a month. I guess it's just part of life.
Bryn Mawr

Moving house

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Something I have no wish ever to do again but I hear mutterings that the garden's too big :-(
gmc

Moving house

Post by gmc »

Bryn Mawr;1520527 wrote: Something I have no wish ever to do again but I hear mutterings that the garden's too big :-(

Spray it with concrete or lay out paths made with coloured stones, just done that myself still have 500kgs to put down. Think I might just kill the remaining grass at the back. The front is converted to mainly moss, looks good doesn't need cut very often.
Bryn Mawr

Moving house

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1520537 wrote: Spray it with concrete or lay out paths made with coloured stones, just done that myself still have 500kgs to put down. Think I might just kill the remaining grass at the back. The front is converted to mainly moss, looks good doesn't need cut very often.

I spent an age over winter pruning the apple trees but they're now taller than when I started, I finally managed to put up a new log store and clear the top patio, I've raked bag loads of moss out of the front lawn, I'm in the process of cutting back one of the borders by three feet and laying it to lawn and the weeds are still four feet high when we get back from Crete :-( . . . I think you're right, slab the lot and do the gardening with weedkiller
Wandrin

Moving house

Post by Wandrin »

I severely dislike moving.
magentaflame

Moving house

Post by magentaflame »

worst thing to hear,,, "soon have my own bachelor pad" .....cringe!... not sure if you're getting the vibe here mate but you just made me homeless but I'm too polite to say so after your mother says so sorry after stating how much of a good tennent you are after nine years and feels so guilty... sorry rant over!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Moving house

Post by Clodhopper »

Listen bitch, bitch when you want to bitch, as bitchily as the bitching situation requires. And if that means you bitch in a bitchy way bitchily, then so be it!

Now make some tea. ;)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
magentaflame

Moving house

Post by magentaflame »

You know I"m STILL in the process of moving? This is the most long drawn out move I've ever done.

Return to “General Chit Chat”