Will anyone know your name in a thousand years?

minks

Post by minks »

FourPart

I think you have a valid point there, we may not make the famous list among millions, but if we are remembered by just some small sect, or even a few generations then yes we are famous.

Now if social media hangs around that long, and all the records stay intact maybe "Forum Garden" members will be famous. I mean really some members from this forum of days past are "infamous" lol
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Your soul lies dormant until you are consciously remembered by somebody else .

Being remembered is like an 'on' light switch .

Nobody thinking of you is the 'off' switch .

From a Camus novel ?

Cannot remember .

Very depressing .

Dark energy?
spot

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526497 wrote: Your soul lies dormant until you are consciously

When your tour finally unearths a discussion on the meaning and usefulness of the soul, do please bounce it back into play. We could do with a new slant.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

spot;1526506 wrote: When your tour finally unearths a discussion on the meaning and usefulness of the soul, do please bounce it back into play. We could do with a new slant.

My Kop Out on that one is to metaphorically point to the other seven dimensions which Quantum Theory seems to predict , and guess that the time we will

begin to understand purpose and meaning is when we are reborn with at least some of those dimensions as extra points to exist in .

Alternatively , we were only programmed to be a little brighter than Neanderthals , but until re-programmed we will only retain the status of Lab Rats .

I suspect the latter .
spot

Post by spot »

I almost hope Dutch comes back, you'd get on like a house on fire.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “History”