Trump Tweets Obama Tapped His Phones, Calls Ex-President ‘Sick’

Discuss the latest political news.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"President Donald Trump said, without providing evidence, that Barack Obama had the candidate’s phones tapped during the 2016 election campaign and that a good lawyer could bring a legal case against the former president for a “Nixon/Watergate” plot.

“Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory,’’ the president wrote Saturday on his personal Twitter account. “Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!’’

Comparing Obama’s actions to those of former President Richard Nixon during the 1970s Watergate scandal, Trump took his long-running feud with the former president to a new level in four separate tweets to his almost 26 million Twitter followers.

More from Bloomberg.com: Sessions Removes Himself From 2016 Campaign Investigations

“How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!” Trump said.

While Trump provided no evidence, the messages came after the Breitbart News, the media outlet previously run by White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, published a story on Friday outlining actions supposedly taken by the Obama administration to monitor Trump Tower that Breitbart reported were aimed at undermining the Republican’s campaign."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-cal ... 14117.html

Phuking LUNATIC.
spot

Post by spot »

He merely has no concern for truth, that's all. everything he says is short-term opportunistic. The world is quickly realizing that nothing he says can be assumed to relate fact.

Rich Hall - he's American and worth paying attention to - has a column in the Guardian about it.One of Trump’s oft-repeated campaign promises was a “guaranteed” plan to wipe out Islamic State within 30 days of taking office. Understandably, he refused to tell anyone exactly what that plan was. “Everyone will take the idea, run with it, and the people will forget where it came from,” he explained. During the third presidential debate, he tipped his hand slightly: “Whatever happened to the element of surprise, OK? These people have all left. They’ve all left. Douglas MacArthur, George Patton are spinning in their graves at the stupidity of our country.”

I, for one, am willing to believe my president is a man of action. Thus I can only assume that at some point, on or around 20 February of this year, Trump exterminated Isis. Any subsequent media mention of their nefarious activity is “fake news”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/comme ... ready-has-

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

"The world is quickly realizing that nothing he says can be assumed to relate fact."

When that includes the Americans who currently love him, and there are too many, then I will relax. He reminds me of Captain Queeg & his strawberries in The Caine Mutiny. I feel I will be disgusted for a long time to come.

Who will be the Republican w/guts? I see no one.
spot

Post by spot »

At least no foreigner will ever again use the phrase "American exceptionalism" in any sense other than mockery. The country just went over the cliff.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1507146 wrote: At least no foreigner will ever again use the phrase "American exceptionalism" in any sense other than mockery. The country just went over the cliff.

I didn't realize "foreigners" used that phrase. Heading towards the edge of the cliff; not over, not yet; arriving soon; as long as my son & his wife survive & do well I couldn't care less. The USA needs a good kick in the a$$ for this election.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

AnneBoleyn;1507147 wrote: I didn't realize "foreigners" used that phrase. Heading towards the edge of the cliff; not over, not yet; arriving soon; as long as my son & his wife survive & do well I couldn't care less. The USA needs a good kick in the a$$ for this election.

I have a feeling that they will get that good kick, many times over.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

He is softening us up for the inevitable clamp down on the anti American/democracy/fake news media........and anything else he doesn't like......for your own good of course.

The fact that much of the derisible News comes from himself is lost in the smoke and mirrors he is creating.

If you can't trust the American President who can you trust ?

So far it is more like a Monty Python sketch..................I fear the punchline.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

AnneBoleyn;1507145 wrote: "The world is quickly realizing that nothing he says can be assumed to relate fact."

When that includes the Americans who currently love him, and there are too many, then I will relax. He reminds me of Captain Queeg & his strawberries in The Caine Mutiny. I feel I will be disgusted for a long time to come.

Who will be the Republican w/guts? I see no one.

That's the part that concerns me the most. Trump is clearly unsuited for the job, to put it mildly, but his supporters are all rabid cult members that salivate over every single thing he claims. We're headed for a civil war if this keeps up.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

This may be what pisses Michelle off enough to run :)
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

There is an irony involved in all this comedy, satire, parody and farce. It's that if America as a nation had pulled together in line with Trumpolini's administration, there would have been ten years of national feast instead of famine. America would indeed, for a decade, have become great again as promised by the joker in charge, before the money ran out and the entire system collapsed.

The way things are, with no national cooperation and with the media intent on destroying the Presidency, it will all turn very dark, nasty and jackbooted instead of merely comic. I doubt whether President Trump will still be involved at that stage, but it could all have been so much more light-operatic, so much less lethal.

As it is, beware of patriots.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

If people didn't hate Hilary so much in the south this wouldn't even be an issue 😭
Smoke signals ftw!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Omni_Skittles;1507162 wrote: If people didn't hate Hilary so much in the south this wouldn't even be an issue 😭

A good point. Though it was not just The South. A lot of folks around here are none too impressed with her.

The Dems should have been paying better attention to the people. I kind of resent them for that.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

LarsMac;1507163 wrote: A good point. Though it was not just The South. A lot of folks around here are none too impressed with her.

The Dems should have been paying better attention to the people. I kind of resent them for that. my resident a lawyer from duke with Alzheimers heard trump was president and he was like I can't believe that! I told him it was him or Hillary Clinton and he said oh... I believe it now. Hillary is awful. Spoken with much clarity! Bahaha
Smoke signals ftw!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I never liked Hillary, and was seriously hoping the Elfenants would come up with a suitable substitute. They failed miserably. And the Libertarians could barely muster up a presence at all. I truly considered going with Johnson, while hoping beyond hope that Bernie would run as an independent, but alas, all we had to choose from was the Wicked Witch of the East and the Raving Lunacy Candidate.

The entertainment value is beginning to wear thin, and I have been feeling a little like I'm coming down from a bad Acid trip, lately. Pink Floyd is in my head but it's not me.

I need to go to Florida. I am sure a few years on the beach will help me recover my equilibrium.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1507147 wrote: I didn't realize "foreigners" used that phrase.

I have thought where to find a suitable example. If you bookmark and play it when you have time, it is the 2005 Nobel acceptance speech of Harold Pinter, recorded in hospital, and it takes as its subject American Exceptionalism. Harold Pinter was a foreigner from an American standpoint. He was English.

I offer it as an explanation of why foreigners from now on using the phrase American Exceptionalism as mockery is an improvement on what went before. I do hope you watch the speech if you're unfamiliar with it. It qualifies, I think, as eye-opening for those who never realized the truth of what he says. His discussion of truth is relevant to today's White House.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I can't imagine anyone in the world *not* using that phrase mockingly... except Trump cult members.

Hillary wasn't popular in Utah either but this is a very red state. Surprisingly, Evan McMullin got a lot of votes as an independent. Ex-CIA, very anti-Trump and he's interesting to follow on twitter.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Won't hide my disgust of those who voted Trump only because of their Hillary issues, much of it based on her not leaving her husband & conserving her marriage. Disgust with 50% of our population period. spot, I'll check out Pinter's speech, a man whose work I have long admired.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Why would Obama need to tap his phones? Every crazy thought that pops into his head he puts online the next minute! What an idiot.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1507183 wrote: Won't hide my disgust of those who voted Trump only because of their Hillary issues, much of it based on her not leaving her husband & conserving her marriage. Disgust with 50% of our population period. spot, I'll check out Pinter's speech, a man whose work I have long admired.

You know, of all the trumpers I know, not a single one ever mentioned her not leaving her hubby over the Monica thing as part of there "reasoning"
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1507196 wrote: You know, of all the trumpers I know, not a single one ever mentioned her not leaving her hubby over the Monica thing as part of there "reasoning"

It's mostly women, and it started back in '08 election.

More recent samples: "Clinton’s widely shared family photos have done little to convince Pullmann that she’s a good mother or grandmother. “I’ve seen her Twitter feed holding her little granddaughter, and Bill’s behind her and I’m like ‘Look, you hate Bill’s guts … [and] how much time are you spending with that baby? Not much, you’re campaigning for president, you can hardly sleep.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ry-clinton

"White T‑shirt reading hillary sucks but not like monica."

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... nt/497564/

"PSA: It’s really, really sexist to blame Hillary Clinton for Bill’s infidelity"

https://thinkprogress.org/its-sexist-to ... .ftbvmoyes

"For others, Hillary's decision to support Bill and dismiss the women who accused him of sexual misconduct is proof that the former Secretary of State has violated some of the pro-women positions that she's been espousing in her campaign. Charlotte, a 23-year-old state legislative aide who asked that her last name not be used, says that Hillary's defense of Bill demonstrates that she is “a purely political animal” who “lacks principles.”

Don’t Blame Hillary Clinton for Bill’s Sexual Past, Say Millennial Women | Fortune.com

"Bill Clinton's Past Infidelity And What It Means For Hillary's Campaign"

Bill Clinton's Past Infidelity And What It Means For Hillary's Campaign | Here & Now

Just Google the subject for hundreds more.
spot

Post by spot »

"Won't hide my disgust of those who voted Trump only because of their Hillary issues" suggests they'd otherwise have voted Democrat. Looking at your links, I don't see that as likely behavior for the people who are quoted. They sound like Republicans attacking Hillary Clinton to try to put other people off voting for her.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

spot;1507212 wrote: "Won't hide my disgust of those who voted Trump only because of their Hillary issues" suggests they'd otherwise have voted Democrat. Looking at your links, I don't see that as likely behavior for the people who are quoted. They sound like Republicans attacking Hillary Clinton to try to put other people off voting for her.

I would call them the so-called "Independents" who generally, but not always, vote Republican. Suburban WHITE Moms; "Soccer Moms" they are sometimes referred as. Bill Maher interviewed many of these women in a documentary done in '08, but I can't find it. Also, like Lars, I am speaking anecdotally, which of course is not proof of anything except how unlucky I am to know certain people. I could tell you many stories, but they are just that--things I have observed & overheard.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I maybe being cynical here but id be surprised if they werent tapping each others phones and offices.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

magentaflame;1507215 wrote: I maybe being cynical here but id be surprised if they werent tapping each others phones and offices.

That type of cynicism is what leads to the conspiracy stories that DT so adores. Distrust of Everyone & Everything has led to his assuming office. There are rules to follow, too many people involved, including courts, FBI, Republicans. Distrust, total distrust, divides the people.
spot

Post by spot »

AnneBoleyn;1507217 wrote: That type of cynicism is what leads to the conspiracy stories that DT so adores. Distrust of Everyone & Everything has led to his assuming office. There are rules to follow, too many people involved, including courts, FBI, Republicans. Distrust, total distrust, divides the people.

Oh.

What's today's story from Wikileaks? the biggest ever leak of confidential documents from the CIA detailing the tools it uses to break into phones, communication apps and other electronic devices.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... rveillance

95% of the world's population - what you'd call "foreigners" - is unprotected by any American law from the application of these tools by this agency. You can't call it "conspiracy stories", that's ostrich mentality. I'm foreign. I have no protection from them. What reason have I to trust them? Who would think they act in my interests?

Nothing in the leak relates to the Trump White House, the files only run as far as President Obama's final year in office.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Shhh. Be quiet you guys. I'm tapping Trump's phone right now and I can't hear what he's saying...
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Saint_;1507221 wrote: Shhh. Be quiet you guys. I'm tapping Trump's phone right now and I can't hear what he's saying...

Wasting your time...............................it's all on Twitter for all to see.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Saint_;1507221 wrote: Shhh. Be quiet you guys. I'm tapping Trump's phone right now and I can't hear what he's saying...

How deaf are you ? The man has a voice like a fog horn.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

I thought he was rather quietly spoken, not that I've heard him speak often.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Theres a yputube clip of Donald standing on multiple podiums announcing how he knows everything about everything.....its hilarious until you realise he's president. Its pretty loud.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1507219 wrote: Oh.

What's today's story from Wikileaks? the biggest ever leak of confidential documents from the CIA detailing the tools it uses to break into phones, communication apps and other electronic devices.

95% of the world's population - what you'd call "foreigners" - is unprotected by any American law from the application of these tools by this agency. You can't call it "conspiracy stories", that's ostrich mentality. I'm foreign. I have no protection from them. What reason have I to trust them? Who would think they act in my interests?

Nothing in the leak relates to the Trump White House, the files only run as far as President Obama's final year in office.

Yeah, smart phones and smart tv's. You think its turned off but theyre listening to your conversations in the room
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

magentaflame;1507215 wrote: I maybe being cynical here but id be surprised if they werent tapping each others phones and offices.
I thought that too 😂
Smoke signals ftw!
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Has Wikileaks ever exposed anything about Russia?
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Yes....its pn the wikileaks page
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

AnneBoleyn;1507217 wrote: That type of cynicism is what leads to the conspiracy stories that DT so adores. Distrust of Everyone & Everything has led to his assuming office. There are rules to follow, too many people involved, including courts, FBI, Republicans. Distrust, total distrust, divides the people.balance of ideas and distrust of the government is good. being a sheeple = bad. just look at north dakota and the dapl crap! i dont care more so about the pipe line as i do the freaking water cannons in negative temps. like thats what our government did to its own people in front of cameras imagine what they do behind and those people pleaded to hillary :wah::yh_rotfl:wah::yh_rotfl what a joke the system is.
Smoke signals ftw!
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Concerning tapping:

Beginning a little over 30 years ago my brother came to California to visit me. We went to Palm Springs and San Diego where he had "business meetings" while his wife and I went shopping. We didn't know what the meetings were until much later. My brother worked for a company in England, about 2 hours north of London. None of us knew what he did in his work. I was preparing to go there in 1992 when my brother told me not to come, he was coming back to the States.

Years later when he was able to talk about it he said his job was to recruit spies to tap phones. The base was in England. All of the families of the spies were tapped too, making some of them quite angry. Wire tapping went on 24 hours a day. One of the targets was Muammar Gaddafi. There was a missile that could reach him in less than 30 minutes, once his location was pinpointed. If you've read anything about the history of that time you know about one of the attempts.

Imagine what technology has done in the 25-30 years since that time. I don't think for a moment that massive tapping is not going on all the time all over this country, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, etc..
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

What i find interesting is the next world war. People are rounded up in wars. The information collected on people these days (most voluntarily) nobody will be able to hide.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Graham ready to subpoena for Trump wiretap information - CNNPolitics.com

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Smoke signals ftw!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

There are "no indications" that Trump Tower was under surveillance by the US government before or after the election, a Senate committee has said.

The statement from Republican Senator Richard Burr, Senate Intelligence Committee chairman, dismissed Donald Trump's claim his phones were tapped.

From BBC today. Looks like another Trump lie (no surprise there) though he's now apparently saying there will be more information released in the next few days and there are claims from his staff that Trump says "wiretap" when he means "any form of surveillance".

Which if true means anyone who looks at him funny is wiretapping him...newspeak.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."

Return to “Current Political Events”