The Kingdom of Heaven is within

Discuss the Christian Faith.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

ahso!;1488910 wrote: squishy? More like brain dead. He reminds me of td.

td?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1488917 wrote: Some of us still have to mow the grass, and paint the fences.Hey, far out, man.

I have a great respect for Timothy Leary. Your Pharisees came close to crucifying him.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

spot;1488940 wrote: Hey, far out, man.

I have a great respect for Timothy Leary. Your Pharisees came close to crucifying him.Quite a guy, huh. An interesting character.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ted

Post by Ted »

Among several scholars it is believed that the "Kingdom of God" and the "Kingdom of Heaven" mean exactly the same thing. Their thinking is that it is to be a very earthly kingdom in which some will try to live by the gospel message. But I do wonder if the New Jerusalem coming down out of the sky comes complete with infrastructure. Terrible is no sewage system or no hydro.LOL Many of the stories in the Bible are not to be taken literally but reinterpreted as time and knowledge advance. Definitely no talking snake and no apple or peach or whatever it was. Myth.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Fact based issues do not touch all aspects of the human life: Love, hate, happiness, joy, and all of those things that are not based on "fact" but which most folks are concerned about. Who are we? Why are we here? What is the purpose of life. Even Neitzhe (sp) near the end of his life was calling for God. There is more to life that facts or a logical process. Reminds me of Trump who thinks all there is to running the country is a business approach. LOL

Return to “Christianity”