There's another half to Tutankhamun's tomb?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
spot

Post by spot »

This will be the find of all time if it's true...New tests have shown there may be a portal leading from King Tut's tomb.

Nicholas Reeves, an archaeologist at the University of Arizona, says he believes Neferiti may lie inside.

Nefertiti 'was buried inside King Tut's tomb' - BBC News

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Maybe Smenkhare or Meritaten lie there, if it is occupied. But it will be interesting to see if there is something there. Interesting news story.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

chonsigirl;1484093 wrote: Maybe Smenkhare or Meritaten lie there, if it is occupied. But it will be interesting to see if there is something there. Interesting news story.

Interesting? Quite staggering given how much attention has been paid to that tomb over the past hundred years :-)
spot

Post by spot »

My goodness. The radar scan says yes, rooms behind the wall. It's no longer wild speculation.

So it's not "someone else is in King Tutankhamen's tomb", it turns out King Tutankhamen and his entire treasure occupied just the antechamber of a genuine unopened full-scale royal tomb which, one presumes, will be the subject of the most spectacular TV documentary of all time when the wall is breached. They surely can't postpone that for decades.

And this time nobody's going to walk off with half the treasure, too. The cameras will record everything. I bet there's in-fighting over the rules already going on, by men in high places who want a bit of plunder for their personal collection.

Radar reveals two new rooms in Tutankhamun tomb - BBC News
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1487066 wrote: My goodness. The radar scan says yes, rooms behind the wall. It's no longer wild speculation.

So it's not "someone else is in King Tutankhamen's tomb", it turns out King Tutankhamen and his entire treasure occupied just the antechamber of a genuine unopened full-scale royal tomb which, one presumes, will be the subject of the most spectacular TV documentary of all time when the wall is breached. They surely can't postpone that for decades.

And this time nobody's going to walk off with half the treasure, too. The cameras will record everything. I bet there's in-fighting over the rules already going on, by men in high places who want a bit of plunder for their personal collection.

Radar reveals two new rooms in Tutankhamun tomb - BBC News

That's truly exciting, and a touch cheering to boot! It will make a pleasant change to be able to see any revealed drawings/murals/carvings, plus a complete pictorial catalogue of any treasure found. I fear you are probably correct in your assertion about 'men in high places'. Greedy, aquisitive mountebanks with the morals of alleycats.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

Return to “General Chit Chat”