Do you think that torturing a baby is ever justified?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Smaug;1484979 wrote: I hope that day never comes! Can you imagine the 'field day' govts. would have with this technology for surveillance and monitoring? It would be 'The Holy Grail' to them! For us, it could be a nightmare....

I hear you but many would take it just for the benefits to thinking.

The world is nearing a pivot point towards true freedom for us, or true slavery under our present oligarch owners.

They cannot hide anymore and it is a toss up as to what they will do. Give up or cement their hold of us.

My kingdom for a new French Revolution.

The next generation will decide as we are not seeing things as clearly as they will because of all our biases.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1484982 wrote: I hear you but many would take it just for the benefits to thinking.

The world is nearing a pivot point towards true freedom for us, or true slavery under our present oligarch owners.

They cannot hide anymore and it is a toss up as to what they will do. Give up or cement their hold of us.

My kingdom for a new French Revolution.

The next generation will decide as we are not seeing things as clearly as they will because of all our biases.

Regards

DL

The big IF here is the benefit to thinking; if there would be a boost to the thought process. Even if there is a boost to thinking power, what would be the price?

As for the rest of your post, I couldn't agree more, GCB! We are indeed nearing a 'tipping point', and my money is on enslavement, to be honest. I'm not sure if I would trust a generation that sees only the benefits that technology can bring, as opposed to the servitude. I look at the youth of today, totally addicted to mobile phones, facebook and a host of other 'gizmos';-can we trust them to make an informed choice ? I guess we have little option except to wait and see.

And hope they make good choices!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1484983 wrote: The big IF here is the benefit to thinking; if there would be a boost to the thought process. Even if there is a boost to thinking power, what would be the price?

As for the rest of your post, I couldn't agree more, GCB! We are indeed nearing a 'tipping point', and my money is on enslavement, to be honest. I'm not sure if I would trust a generation that sees only the benefits that technology can bring, as opposed to the servitude. I look at the youth of today, totally addicted to mobile phones, facebook and a host of other 'gizmos';-can we trust them to make an informed choice ? I guess we have little option except to wait and see.

And hope they make good choices!

You, unfortunately, may be right that most will choose slavery. That is the case today.

Most people, as can be seen by the numbers in religions, are just followers who do not want to think for themselves. As in the French Revolution, they will not revolt until they begin to get hungry and our oligarch owners are careful to just give enough to prevent that even though they are likely hurting the planet and will eventually kill/murder many. At that point, we will be so busy fighting to just live to pay much attention to them in their protected enclaves.

Some oligarchs even begin to fear the people but I do not think they need to as we have collectively lost our heart.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1485013 wrote: You, unfortunately, may be right that most will choose slavery. That is the case today.

Most people, as can be seen by the numbers in religions, are just followers who do not want to think for themselves. As in the French Revolution, they will not revolt until they begin to get hungry and our oligarch owners are careful to just give enough to prevent that even though they are likely hurting the planet and will eventually kill/murder many. At that point, we will be so busy fighting to just live to pay much attention to them in their protected enclaves.

Some oligarchs even begin to fear the people but I do not think they need to as we have collectively lost our heart.

Regards

DL

Unfortunately, I fear you may be right, GCB. I have no faith in the 'Oligarchs' letting go the grip they have. They probably feel that to lose control is to risk their lives.

Self-preservation is a major 'drive' here, not to mention power and money!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1485015 wrote: Unfortunately, I fear you may be right, GCB. I have no faith in the 'Oligarchs' letting go the grip they have. They probably feel that to lose control is to risk their lives.

Self-preservation is a major 'drive' here, not to mention power and money!

Hence the need for a French Revolution of a change in our laws.

I do not want the ultra rich destroyed. We will always have someone at the top of our demographic common. I do want to bring them down out of the stratosphere. So to speak. What we have now is a form of eugenics and that can only weaken mankind.

Regards

DL
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1485019 wrote: Hence the need for a French Revolution of a change in our laws.

I do not want the ultra rich destroyed. We will always have someone at the top of our demographic common. I do want to bring them down out of the stratosphere. So to speak. What we have now is a form of eugenics and that can only weaken mankind.

Regards

DL

I agree with you there, it's time for a change, starting at the top! When will they learn that WE are the real power, and that without US, they have nothing?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1485021 wrote: I agree with you there, it's time for a change, starting at the top! When will they learn that WE are the real power, and that without US, they have nothing?

This is true but it is not the rich that need to learn that lesson.

Power belongs to those who decide to exercise it.

We the people have not.

It is said of France that the government fears the people. It is also said that in most other countries, the people fear the governments.

Our oligarch owners hide behind a wall of bought and paid for government lackeys who protect and feed them our wealth and the people just don't care enough about our hard earned illusion of freedom to seek true freedom.

Shame on us all.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1485038 wrote: This is true but it is not the rich that need to learn that lesson.

Power belongs to those who decide to exercise it.

We the people have not.

It is said of France that the government fears the people. It is also said that in most other countries, the people fear the governments.

Our oligarch owners hide behind a wall of bought and paid for government lackeys who protect and feed them our wealth and the people just don't care enough about our hard earned illusion of freedom to seek true freedom.

Shame on us all.

Regards

DL

Politics and government are irrelevant to freedom.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ted

Post by Ted »

I agree with that totally.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1485039 wrote: Politics and government are irrelevant to freedom.

In a sense.

They cannot give it. They can take it away by force though.

Is that the idea you meant?

If not, please expand your thought.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

It seems to me here in Canada that our conservative gov is moving us almost daily towards a police state (Nazism
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I mean that government does not take your freedom.

You give it up willingly.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

A complex issue, that! Do we trade lack of responsibility for lack of freedom? Are we apathetic? Do governments have a creeping, covert agenda to slowly erode freedom for enhanced power? Is it 'all of the above'?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485076 wrote: It seems to me here in Canada that our conservative gov is moving us almost daily towards a police state (Nazism

I should have recognized you as a fellow Canuk by your intelligent though. :wah:

Our oligarch owners have no need to bring us to a police state.

Police are required for a troublesome people who seek more freedom.

The only ones in Canada with balls to do so and who might be troublesome to our owners and masters are on the West coast and Quebec.

I am in Ottawa. Where be you buddy?

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1485079 wrote: I mean that government does not take your freedom.

You give it up willingly.

Partially. No argument.

Completely, some, perhaps most, not all. There are a few goats amongst the sheeple.

The only way to show our freedom is to break the poor laws that we are asked to live under and few of us have the balls to do so.

Like religions, governments rule over sheeple while trying to ostracize the free thinkers.

Christianity gave us the Dark Ages of free thought and governments have maintained that battle ever since. The great Noble Lie continues.

Hitler had his Inquisition led by the S S. We have our more peaceful but just as effective one with our own security forces and police.

The above applies to all countries and peoples.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Smaug;1485091 wrote: A complex issue, that! Do we trade lack of responsibility for lack of freedom? Are we apathetic? Do governments have a creeping, covert agenda to slowly erode freedom for enhanced power? Is it 'all of the above'?

With our power of self-delusion being fed well by our oligarch owners, you will never get a consensus.

Follow the money and you will see that almost everything people do is controlled.

I E.--- I S would not exist without financial backing nor would the forces against it.

We are being entertained by our oligarch owners the same way the Roman Emperors paid for the gladiators of ancient days.

It is all a show to hide what they are doing in the background.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

And of course there is the famous quote from the Compte de Maistre, "Every country has the government that it deserves"
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1485104 wrote: And of course there is the famous quote from the Compte de Maistre, "Every country has the government that it deserves"

Good find and quite true.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

I can agree with that.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”