The Weird and the Wacky!

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Gosh it's been a long time since anybody posted in this thread (Late Jan !), so I'll add a rather wacky one. Nina Conti, this ventriloquist is the daughter of a very good British actor Tom Conti.................................

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

These are weird !

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I did like the Wooden Car. It was the only one that looked anywhere near being genuine. It put me in mind of the old Morris Traveller (where I would wax my Grandad's one when I was a kid). The others just looked like cosmetic wallpaper, but that one looked like it was genuine bodywork.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Interesting video about strange sightings on the moon !

ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1495266 wrote: Interesting video about strange sightings on the moon !

Aha! I knew it! :yh_star
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Interesting, isn't it, Zap ?

Also I wish there had been those floor keyboards around when I was in my teens or twenties because I would have loved to have had a go on them, but these days I'm a tad stiffer in me joints and I do get short of breath - I have C.O.P.D. due to smoking.

Even though I gave up smoking completely six years ago, the damage was done. Strange really because not everybody who smokes gets COPD - my mum for instance, was fairly healthy lung-wise, and she said she enjoyed smoking too much to give it up at her time of life. No it wasn't the smoking that killed her - she got MRSA when she was in hospital after a fall fractured her pelvis (hairline). (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus ) and she died. She was 85.

These days hospitals are a darn sight more careful with cleaning things and having alcohol based hand cleansers at every entrance to wards etc. We use it at home too. Every time any of us return from shopping we make sure we clean our hands with the sanitiser liquid - cos you just don't know who has put their germ soaked hands on trolley handles in the supermarket ! Actually we keep a bottle of the stuff in the car as well !
ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1493449 wrote: These are weird !

I just love the UFO car. (Of course.) :yh_alien
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1495266 wrote: Interesting video about strange sightings on the moon !

It never ceases to amaze me how people can essentially see pictures in cloud formations & then insist on it being a NASA Cover Up. The straight "Trails" are obviously splice marks from multiple shots whilst in orbit being put together to make a full size picture. As for the picture of the "moving thing" - on the still shot of it, it looked to me more like a moon shining through the clouds. How can he possibly expect anyone to take a couple of still shots taken at different times of the day, when the sun & shadows would be from different directions as being evidence of 'movement'.

As for the vehicle tracks - well yes - no doubt they were left by the Lunar Rover.

It's almost as bizarre as those who claim the Apollo Landings never took place - despite it being in the midst of the Cold War, with the Russians following everything really closely. Yet we are expected to believe that the Russians would also cover up the fact that the Americans never did really land on the moon.

Besides, it's common knowledge that all those craters are really the holes found in any block of Gruyere Cheese.
ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

FourPart;1495337 wrote: It never ceases to amaze me how people can essentially see pictures in cloud formations & then insist on it being a NASA Cover Up. The straight "Trails" are obviously splice marks from multiple shots whilst in orbit being put together to make a full size picture. As for the picture of the "moving thing" - on the still shot of it, it looked to me more like a moon shining through the clouds. How can he possibly expect anyone to take a couple of still shots taken at different times of the day, when the sun & shadows would be from different directions as being evidence of 'movement'.

As for the vehicle tracks - well yes - no doubt they were left by the Lunar Rover.

It's almost as bizarre as those who claim the Apollo Landings never took place - despite it being in the midst of the Cold War, with the Russians following everything really closely. Yet we are expected to believe that the Russians would also cover up the fact that the Americans never did really land on the moon.

Besides, it's common knowledge that all those craters are really the holes found in any block of Gruyere Cheese.

What do you think the light in the black hole was? it couldn't have been the moonlight since the hole was on the moon.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

ZAP;1495356 wrote: What do you think the light in the black hole was? it couldn't have been the moonlight since the hole was on the moon.

I think it could be light reflecting on something metallic that has been left by previous visits to the moon either by the Americans or another nation ?
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

It is not uncommon to get double reflections within telescopes - much like catching a glimpse of a reflection on a window pane of what you are looking through the window at. Even if not the moon, the same would apply to being a reflection of the earth.

On many occasions I look out of my window to see what looks like something moving rapidly across the opposite block. Whilst this may appear convincingly solid, after a while it becomes apparent that it's merely the reflection from someone opening a window - and that is when viewed in real time. The pictures from the moon are taken hours apart. Light sources change. If the telescope really was terrestrial, as claimed (which I very much doubt, due to the lack of atmospheric & cloud interference) it could easily have caught something in the line of sight - a bird, a plane, a speck of dust, etc. All of which are far more credible explanations than the one being promoted of the Man on the Moon Cover-Up Conspiracy.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I think I agree with you there FourPart. There are far too many hoaxes, confusions etc. and I think this particular video could well be something quite simple. I can't see it as being anything sinister/mysterious, but I can see it as a trick of light.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

FourPart;1495408 wrote: It is not uncommon to get double reflections within telescopes - much like catching a glimpse of a reflection on a window pane of what you are looking through the window at. Even if not the moon, the same would apply to being a reflection of the earth.

On many occasions I look out of my window to see what looks like something moving rapidly across the opposite block. Whilst this may appear convincingly solid, after a while it becomes apparent that it's merely the reflection from someone opening a window - and that is when viewed in real time. The pictures from the moon are taken hours apart. Light sources change. If the telescope really was terrestrial, as claimed (which I very much doubt, due to the lack of atmospheric & cloud interference) it could easily have caught something in the line of sight - a bird, a plane, a speck of dust, etc. All of which are far more credible explanations than the one being promoted of the Man on the Moon Cover-Up Conspiracy.

There seems to be a constant shimmer on the video over the whole screen, which could possibly indicate atmospherics ! :yh_think :yh_questn
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1495466 wrote: There seems to be a constant shimmer on the video over the whole screen, which could possibly indicate atmospherics ! :yh_think :yh_questn
And that shimmer could just as easily give rise to tricks of light.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

True !
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I came across this on FaceBook. This is real talent.

Not only that one, but take a look at some of the other related videos.
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

That is fascinating.

Some people have amazing talent.

Me, I can't even paint in 1D
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Well how about these amazing 3D street pics ! Brilliant !

ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1496187 wrote: Well how about these amazing 3D street pics ! Brilliant !

That makes me dizzy! Dizzier.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Very clever though ! Have you seen them all by clicking the arrow ?
ZAP

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1496215 wrote: Very clever though ! Have you seen them all by clicking the arrow ?

Yes, they are amazing!
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

This is supposed to be basically the best of British talent !!!!! Oh dear. I didn't find much talent in this lot, except possibly managing to get those bear costumes on and doing a lot of practice with the music to get the steps right ! I don't think I'd have the guts to go on a stage and cavort around like that, let alone on TV with thousands and thousands of people watching ! :rolleyes:

Although they were voted through to the next stage, they didn't progress any further ........................... thank goodness. :-5
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Scraping upturned oil drums comes to mind.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Yes you could have a point FourPart ! Yet basically the final acts were much better than last year's, except that one with the polar bears and another one, which was sooo significant that I can't remember it ! :yh_rotfl
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I remember the old days of "New Faces" & "Opportunity Knocks" - although I much preferred "New Faces". That was based on a panel of professionals - a bit like a "Dragons Den" of the entertainment world where, if members of the panel thought the contestants had some potential they would end up getting contracts, whether they won or not. On the other hand I used to like Mickey Most. He could be the most heartless, rude so-and-so going, but it couldn't be denied that he was an expert in his field, and that field was as a Record Producer. He knew what was talent & what was flash in the pan garbage, and made no bones about saying so. Celebrities who made their names on those shows, back in the 70s are of the calibre that they lasted, long term. Many of whom are still stars to this day. Many others, however, are now sadly well into their twilight years, which probably has something to do with the recent demise of so much of the real talent we've all known & loved for years.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I hope this video comes off ! It is quite fascinating. If it doesn't work, perhaps you may have better luck by getting on to Youtube and searching Hologram Whales in the gymnasium ! Notice the reaction of the youngsters in the foreground !

AnneBoleyn

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Gill I was mesmerized! Gosh, I wish I could see that for "real!"
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

It is incredible isn't it. Those youngsters appear to be totally gobsmacked ! As you say, it must be an amazing experience to actually 'be there'.

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”