The Weird and the Wacky!

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1485877 wrote: I wonder why smelling a banana or a green apple can make you lose weight? Does it trigger an increase in the metabolic rate?
Well, it does emphasise "Smelling it, not eating it". If you keep to smelling chocolate instead of eating it, that'll make you lose weight as well. Surprisingly, the same with chips, etc.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1485882 wrote: Well, it does emphasise "Smelling it, not eating it". If you keep to smelling chocolate instead of eating it, that'll make you lose weight as well. Surprisingly, the same with chips, etc.

I can't believe they actually meant it that way. I bet it doesn't work with flatulence! No, I'm not going to put it to the test...:wah:
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

The more contact we have, the more like us they become....

" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

That's one for my FaceBook.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Glad you like it, FourPart. It appealed to me, too. Utube is a veritable treasure-trove for a multitude of diverse things....
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Smaug;1485943 wrote: The more contact we have, the more like us they become....

Oh, that video, Smaug, is delightful and aren't those animals clever ? :yh_clap:yh_worshp
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Creepy !!!

LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

This was up the hill from where we live.

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

So you can actually get to see these downhills for real, then LarsMac. That must be spectacular ! They look as if they get up to very high speeds, and on roads that are available for ordinary traffic as well ! I did notice that the crazy loon veered onto the wrong side of the road a few times - probably to 'straighten' his line, but taking a hellova risk from possible oncoming traffic !!!! :yh_nailbi:yh_nailbi
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

If it weren't for the sparks coming from his armoured gloves I might have thought the video had been deliberately speeded up for effect.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

A white-knuckle ride for crows? :yh_rotfl
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1486075 wrote: This was up the hill from where we live.

What an amazing bit of downhill that was!! Good find, Lars! I think downhill long-board/luge should be an Olympic sport...For sure!! Wish I lived there, it might be worth learning t board properly!:yh_star :yh_worshp

I haven't been around for a few days due to computer probs. Think they're sorted now, though. (Fingers crossed)!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

You should always wear a suit to impress...

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

This clip may have appeared on the thread before, but it's definitely worth another airing. Can't find anything faster downhill long-board so far; it's about the only clip that I have seen that compares to Zac Maytum for speed!

Must admit, I love the Zac Maytum run in Colorado, Lars!!:-6
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

We do some amazing things sometimes, even if they are a bit 'wacky'!!:wah:

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Flippin' eck, Smaug ! Some of those 'stunts' are breathtakingly awesome. Some of those guys must be extremely fit and very strong (particularly in the finger department !).
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

They certainly are, though I wouldn't fancy dangling from those high structures with only one hand and no safety wire; absolutelynobloodyway!!

Mind you, I would love to 'wing-suit' if I ever have the time and money, and am still young enough to do it!
LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1486351 wrote: What an amazing bit of downhill that was!! Good find, Lars! I think downhill long-board/luge should be an Olympic sport...For sure!! Wish I lived there, it might be worth learning t board properly!:yh_star :yh_worshp

I haven't been around for a few days due to computer probs. Think they're sorted now, though. (Fingers crossed)!

I took that hill on a bicycle some years back. It was a blast. Though I am pretty sure I didn't come even close to 70 mph. I can't help but wonder what was following him with the camera. My hat is off to the guy. I wouldn't have the nerve to make that kind of run on a board.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1486448 wrote: I took that hill on a bicycle some years back. It was a blast. Though I am pretty sure I didn't come even close to 70 mph. I can't help but wonder what was following him with the camera. My hat is off to the guy. I wouldn't have the nerve to make that kind of run on a board.

At my current skill level, I'd need a closed road, and to be wearing a giant air-bag for the inevitable high-speed 'stack-up' that I'd be sure to have!! I might stand a chance on 'blades', though I would probably be wiser to emulate your good self by using a bike!:wah:

It might be a motorbike following him; can't see any shadows though, so it's pure guesswork.

It's a fabulous clip though. Lovely scenery, high speed, uber-skillful . Great find!!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Some folk are really 'out there', pushing the boundaries.....:-6

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I suddenly realised that at 2:35 there was a "I Can See My House From Here" moment when I recognised the clock tower in the Southampton Civic Centre - at least I might have been able to if the weather was a little less overcast. It looks like he may have been on the central antenna tower in the BBC Radio Solent buildings.

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1486499 wrote: I suddenly realised that at 2:35 there was a "I Can See My House From Here" moment when I recognised the clock tower in the Southampton Civic Centre - at least I might have been able to if the weather was a little less overcast. It looks like he may have been on the central antenna tower in the BBC Radio Solent buildings.

Rather him than me, FourPart! I like a pair of wings and a reliable engine aboard for venturing up to these heights...:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Here's a few more intrepid folk to boggle at....

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Two words.................... Good grief !!!!!!! :yh_nailbi :yh_sigh :yh_worshp
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Arrgh!! Look out, here come the Triffids....!:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1486642 wrote:

Nice! Some truly gorgeous hybrids. And one woolly pig!!:yh_rotfl
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

This chap probably doesn't have a problem with 'crowding' in the public pool....:wah:

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I don't think I could trust a wild animal that size to get that close to it ! After all polar bears can rip your body apart with one swipe of their front paw ! :yh_nailbi
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I certainly wouldn't want to get too close, unless I'd reared it from a cub. Even then, I'd be wary....
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Apologies in advance for the backing music; there are one or two profanities in there. Only fair to warn you....Must admit, I empathise with the lyrics, though!

There is also some 'trick camera-work' in there, but MOST of the stunts are genuine!

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

There are plenty of mysterious things out there. Here's a few to think about....

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

There are some pretty mysterious photos around....

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Saw this online years ago-there were many witnesses, and many people recorded it from various vantage points....

Is it 'Ours', or 'theirs'?

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Here are a few more well-known UFO mysteries....

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Mankind's history books are rather incomplete, are they not? One story's good.....Until another is told!

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

That looks a fascinating video, Smaug, but I shall have to look at it tomorrow :)
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Alright, who's the 'numptie' that left it in neutral....:yh_rotfl

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Whilst we're on the topic of 'fails'....:wah:

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Skillful, eh? I remember a 'Jake' climbing a specially constructed tower in Germany. I'm sure that will appear here at some later date...

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

As promised, one 'pole dancing' excavator!:wah:

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

And now for something rather different. Natural? Alien? Paranormal? Photoshop? You decide....

Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Hoax? Bear? Unknown creature? I'd say hoax, but you never can be sure....

LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Bear

It's a Bear. Though a pretty darned big'un.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

To me it looks like a large bear, although the picture is not very clear.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I think it might be a bear also. Damn big one,though! Wouldn't want to meet it without some serious fire-power to hand....
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Here's another selection of unexplained 'creatures'. Fact, fiction, or somewhat of both? (Repeats after 29 mins.)

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”