The Weird and the Wacky!

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1480554 wrote: What are the chances of that,FourPart? Out of all the T&J's available....

So...

What are the chances, indeed? Nothing there due to YouTube account being terminated.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1480594 wrote: What are the chances, indeed? Nothing there due to YouTube account being terminated.

Utube account terminated? Didn't know it could be terminated. Isn't it public domain?
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Just take a look at this anthill....:-3

" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

That reminds me of the junction at the bottom of our road during rush hour !!!!! :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1480600 wrote: Utube account terminated? Didn't know it could be terminated. Isn't it public domain?

You can sign up and open an account for sharing video with invited friends and family only, or make it public.

I sometimes get asked to sign in if a video is deemed unsuitable or age rated.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Bruv;1480606 wrote: You can sign up and open an account for sharing video with invited friends and family only, or make it public.

I have just clicked the link in Smaug's post and i'm informed that the account has been terminated, so as far as I can tell there must have been a withdrawal of those T & J cartoons by the copyright owners ? I had heard rumours that YouTube were going to have a bit of trouble with certain videos by the original video owners. I seem to remember there was mention of fees ? I could be wrong of course - I have a very old memory library ! :-3 :thinking:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1480606 wrote: You can sign up and open an account for sharing video with invited friends and family only, or make it public.

Yes, I've had that as well. Open to abuse,though, especially if you know Daddy's password!
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

It could, of course, be terminated by the account holder. I had an issue a little while back when I couldn't access all my YouTube videos, yet I could still see them online. Eventually, as it turned out it was because I had 2 virtually identical accounts, but I had forgotten I had the first one altogether. I, therefore, transferred all the videos to the newer account & closed to older one.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1480640 wrote: It could, of course, be terminated by the account holder. I had an issue a little while back when I couldn't access all my YouTube videos, yet I could still see them online. Eventually, as it turned out it was because I had 2 virtually identical accounts, but I had forgotten I had the first one altogether. I, therefore, transferred all the videos to the newer account & closed to older one.

I have a similar issue (2 accounts) with my bank. I have no idea where this second account has come from. Trouble is, neither do the bank!

Unfortunately, this second account has absolutely zip in it!:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1480607 wrote: I have just clicked the link in Smaug's post and i'm informed that the account has been terminated, so as far as I can tell there must have been a withdrawal of those T & J cartoons by the copyright owners ? I had heard rumours that YouTube were going to have a bit of trouble with certain videos by the original video owners. I seem to remember there was mention of fees ? I could be wrong of course - I have a very old memory library ! :-3 :thinking:

Copyright can be a problem!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

If you suffer from vertigo, don't watch this!..:yh_nailbi

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

I really cannot understand people like that - they must be a trifle mad !
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1480693 wrote: I really cannot understand people like that - they must be a trifle mad !

I certainly wont be doing that on any day ending in a "Y"!!:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

What's this, then? Secret tech? Or something else?...:thinking:

LarsMac

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1480733 wrote: What's this, then? Secret tech? Or something else?...:thinking:

Doesn't it have to be flying to be a UFO?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1480771 wrote: Doesn't it have to be flying to be a UFO?

Certainly does. With so many super-secret machines around it's impossible to be sure if it's "one of ours", or not. I guess you could call it a UGO!

Intriguing...:thinking:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Talk about "doing a Houdini"...!

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

There's one of the managers at our office who's into climbing. Despite being really scrawny his upper body strength is incredible. The office is on the 1st floor, and the stairs are about 1.5m wide, with big thick metal bannisters either side. He uses this as his personal gym. Lifting himself up, using his arms straight out sideways, at an angle of about 10 degrees downward he then proceeds to go up the entire 2 flights of stairs like this purely on the strength of his arms. No other part of his body touches the ground. I've got longer arms, so the increased angle should be to my advantage. I can't even get to stay in the position for any more than about a second, let alone start to go anywhere like it. To look at him you just wouldn't believe it possible.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Sounds like a climber to me (mountaineer)! Does he go climbing? I know a mountaineer who's climbed many of the worlds mountains. You need a serious amount of stamina, finger strength, dexterity, co-ordination and a high pain threshold not to mention a steely nerve, methinks!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

How to get home when someone's stolen your front wheel...:wah:

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Smaug;1480825 wrote: Sounds like a climber to me (mountaineer)! Does he go climbing? I know a mountaineer who's climbed many of the worlds mountains. You need a serious amount of stamina, finger strength, dexterity, co-ordination and a high pain threshold not to mention a steely nerve, methinks!
Yes. That's what I meant in the first line. On reflection I do see how that could have been interpreted as meaning he was just into watching it.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1480877 wrote: Yes. That's what I meant in the first line. On reflection I do see how that could have been interpreted as meaning he was just into watching it.

I've never attempted to free-climb anything taller than 60-70 feet (a huge Chestnut tree in my Gran's back garden 25 years ago). part from the time when I thought I'd try and free-climb Cheddar Gorge...didn't make it (of course!). Damn silly idea anyway!! (got about 40 feet up, then wisely decided to turn back)
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

This looks a bit faster than Torville and Dean...if not so beautiful.

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

When I was a kid I used to climb the face of an old disused slate / sandstone quarry, with no safety line or anything. With hindsight it was a total death trap, but at the time - well - because it was there.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1481039 wrote: When I was a kid I used to climb the face of an old disused slate / sandstone quarry, with no safety line or anything. With hindsight it was a total death trap, but at the time - well - because it was there.

We've all done some pretty "hair-brained" things when younger. It's a miracle we survived, really! Some don't. Must admit, that quarry sounds dangerous in the extreme!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

How to ride a small ironing board downhill very quickly! :-6

Light the afterburner!!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Though neither Weird or Wacky, I thought this one deserved an airing...

Wonder how much the damage finally came to? And hope the driver's OK, even if he's a pillock! ( I feel I can say that as a qualified Counterbalance and Reach fork-lifter!)
Bruv

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Bruv »

Those racks should never collapse like that.......obviously not in the EU.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

What devastation ! I wouldn't like to tot up the cost of all that damage ! I wonder if that driver's still looking for a job ! :lips:
G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

10 weirdest things on Google street view.........................

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Not exactly Wacky, but certainly weird - especially if genuine (mind you, it is the Daily Mail):

Ancient Egyptian statue has started MOVING sparking fears it has been struck by a 'curse of the Pharaohs' | Daily Mail Online
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

It certainly IS weird, even if it's vibration that's at the root of it. They need to hook up some really sensitive equipment to the statue, the case, and the floor, then see how much vibration reaches the statue from the floor through the case, and correlate the results to see if it's the vibration that's causing it to rotate. If it's not vibration, what could it be?

As for "weird" and "wacky", it's fairly general. Just about anything goes, as long as it's interesting, strange, amusing, thought-provoking (non-political), note-worthy or outstanding in some way!

Unless it's an amusing clip of a politician having a particularly bad or cringe-worthy moment. That 's fine once in a while...:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1481339 wrote: Those racks should never collapse like that.......obviously not in the EU.

I think it was a Russian vodka factory warehouse, Bruv. And by the looks of it, the driver had been sampling the wares!

And you're quite right about the racking, too. Much too thin and probably not securely bolted to the floor, or braced adequately. Every expense spared. It has to be said that Russian build quality varies wildly, some satisfactory, some very good, and some downright abysmal!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1481367 wrote: What devastation ! I wouldn't like to tot up the cost of all that damage ! I wonder if that driver's still looking for a job ! :lips:

Most probably. His next job will probably be shoveling organic by-products from one place to another!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

G#Gill;1481369 wrote: 10 weirdest things on Google street view.........................

Just goes to prove the adage " The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"

You just never know who's looking...

In these cases, quite a chunk of population!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Do the Australians have a much larger version of the Komodo Dragon in remote Outback locations? Some people have reported seeing huge lizards in recent times...

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Smaug;1481422 wrote: Just goes to prove the adage " The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"

You just never know who's looking...

In these cases, quite a chunk of population!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl just a few million ! ;)
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

I have no doubt they exist. Don't they also have Salt Water Crocodiles out there? They get to be quite a size.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1481673 wrote: I have no doubt they exist. Don't they also have Salt Water Crocodiles out there? They get to be quite a size.

They certainly do, and they're huge! With unusual "allies" sometimes...a useful symbiosis in this case!:wah:

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

With that in mind, what is so unbelievable that monster lizards of that size have been seen? What is a crocodile if not a large lizard? They are believed to be a surviving Dinosaur, and the very word, "Dinosaur" means "Lizard". Crocs are nowhere near extinct.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

FourPart;1481722 wrote: With that in mind, what is so unbelievable that monster lizards of that size have been seen? What is a crocodile if not a large lizard? They are believed to be a surviving Dinosaur, and the very word, "Dinosaur" means "Lizard". Crocs are nowhere near extinct.

Nothing, as far as I can see. With 1000's of square miles of virtually impenetrable outback forest and lush, thick underbrush, it would be no surprise to me if such things still existed quietly, going about their daily business and only occasionally coming into visual contact with mankind. I would imagine that a creature the size of Megalania would find little trouble remaining largely undetected.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Here's a strange 'un. Silty water is another great hiding place...

G#Gill

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by G#Gill »

Smaug;1481767 wrote: Here's a strange 'un. Silty water is another great hiding place...

What the heck is THAT ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder his camera was wobbling all over the place !
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

I'm not at all sure, TBH. If it's a fake of some description, and I'm not sure that it is, it's very clever, as the nostril opens and closes naturally. Not sure that I'd care to share the water with that thing, especially if I wasn't in a decent sized boat!!
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

How dangerous was this?? There are some "badass" creatures out there...

FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

Looks like one of these...

Giant Catfish, Giant Catfish Profile, Facts, Information, Photos, Pictures, Sounds, Habitats, Reports, News - National Geographic
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

What a lovely specimen of a VERY rare fish!:-6 Don't think I'd want the responsibility of catching one though; imagine how you'd feel if you accidently hurt or killed it!

Not sure it was a Catfish on my clip. Yours is unmistakably a Fish, whereas the clip I posted showed a creature with apparent teeth, what looked like "tusks", and a "nostril" above the mouth that opened and closed. Researcers and explorers sometimes find new species unexpectedly, but I'm blowed if I know what the heck it is!!
FourPart

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by FourPart »

To me the 'tusks' / teeth looked more like a catfish's 'whiskers'.
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Difficult to say for sure. Catfish DO grow huge, and if it's a new species....

Still got my doubts, though. My decision is MAYBE, and that's FINAL....:wah:
Smaug

The Weird and the Wacky!

Post by Smaug »

Anyone not liking creepy-crawlies better not look....:wah:

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”