Children punished for refusing to pray to Allah

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I actually agree with the teaching of religious history. The origins of religions and their part in the history of civilization, for example. But teaching the actual practice by making the children kneel and pray is nothing short of indoctrination.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Betty Boop;1456800 wrote: Exactly, schools need to provide balance to the homes that are deeply religious and who indoctrinate their own children to one way of life. They also need to provide education on religion to the homes where the parents just simply have no idea/don't care or are bigoted about religions.

Which Is exactly why you now have 25 schools In England under special Investigation for extremist views and teachers preaching to young children about white prostitutes and anti-Christian rants.

See, Indoctrination comes In all forms Including the radical Islamists. Or do you think It's just Christianity that's to blame?

Provide education to the homes of the bigoted? How do they do that exactly?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tutes.html

How does the government go Into Islamic hardliners homes and preach tolerance?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Saint_;1456802 wrote: I actually agree with the teaching of religious history. The origins of religions and their part in the history of civilization, for example. But teaching the actual practice by making the children kneel and pray is nothing short of indoctrination.

I think it essential that we teach children about religions, all religions, without focus on any one alone.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Don't know if it's been resolved but Slovakia has had a difficult time of it. It was decided that Christianity would continue being taught in the schools, as part of the normal curriculum, and others would have to be taught in private schools, churches, or whatever they are called. Now, the non-Christian children could remain for the religeous Christian class or opt for history instead. Well! You can imagine the problems with all of that!
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

:)Oscar Namechange;1456803 wrote: ..... do you think It's just Christianity that's to blame?

Oh-oh! Another marathon in the making! :wah:
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1456803 wrote: Which Is exactly why you now have 25 schools In England under special Investigation for extremist views and teachers preaching to young children about white prostitutes and anti-Christian rants.

See, Indoctrination comes In all forms Including the radical Islamists. Or do you think It's just Christianity that's to blame?

Provide education to the homes of the bigoted? How do they do that exactly?

'Hellfire' Muslim teachers at 'Trojan Horse' school warned six-year-olds about 'white prostitutes' | Mail Online

How does the government go Into Islamic hardliners homes and preach tolerance?

I propose a new rule:

That we forbid the reposting of Daily Mail articles.

Or at least limit said reposting to no more than one in a thread.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1456814 wrote: I propose a new rule:

:lips::lips::lips:
Oscar Namechange

LarsMac;1456814 wrote: I propose a new rule:

Why? Because the easiest way to shut down an argument being ' oh It's the right wing DM ?

Let's try another source then. I have already previously linked three left wing reports on this extremism In our schools.

Britain's top school inspector said on Monday that an investigation into an alleged plot by extremist Muslims to take over the running of some schools in the city of Birmingham had found that a culture of "fear and intimidation" existed.

In March, an official investigation was sparked by an anonymous, unverified letter which claimed there was a plot to force some state schools in Birmingham with majority-Muslim pupils to adopt a more Islamic culture by installing school governors and teaching staff who would support a conservative Islamic religious agenda.

"Some of our findings are deeply worrying, and in some ways quite shocking," said Michael Wilshaw, head of the Ofsted schools inspectorate. "In the most serious cases, a culture of fear and intimidation has taken grip."

He added that some schools had not taken their responsibility to protect children against religious extremism seriously enough,

Inspectors find fear and intimidation at UK schools linked to Muslim extremism | Reuters

The problem per say Is religion. It Is religion that has created this beast and created Intolerance. Take all religion out of schools and the beast fails to thrive,
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1456817 wrote: Why? Because the easiest way to shut down an argument being ' oh It's the right wing DM ?

Let's try another source then. I have already previously linked three left wing reports on this extremism In our schools.

Britain's top school inspector said on Monday that an investigation into an alleged plot by extremist Muslims to take over the running of some schools in the city of Birmingham had found that a culture of "fear and intimidation" existed.

In March, an official investigation was sparked by an anonymous, unverified letter which claimed there was a plot to force some state schools in Birmingham with majority-Muslim pupils to adopt a more Islamic culture by installing school governors and teaching staff who would support a conservative Islamic religious agenda.

"Some of our findings are deeply worrying, and in some ways quite shocking," said Michael Wilshaw, head of the Ofsted schools inspectorate. "In the most serious cases, a culture of fear and intimidation has taken grip."

He added that some schools had not taken their responsibility to protect children against religious extremism seriously enough,

Inspectors find fear and intimidation at UK schools linked to Muslim extremism | Reuters

The problem per say Is religion. It Is religion that has created this beast and created Intolerance. Take all religion out of schools and the beast fails to thrive,

No, none of that. The Mail is just among the most annoying of news outlets, and right up there with FOX and the National Enquirer in the credibility department.
- DH Lawrence
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

LarsMac;1456822 wrote: No, none of that. The Mail is just among the most annoying of news outlets, and right up there with FOX and the National Enquirer in the credibility department.

Agreed. Zero credibility and very little respect outside Tunbridge Wells.

There are far, far better sources available. Left or right. Why sully any attempt at a considered opinion with extreme hogwash and poor, lazy reporting.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

No, it's not about taking the beast out of the schools.

There are 25 schools being investigated out of a total of around 24,000 schools in England!

This is not an epidemic, it is a situation that should not be happening - thought I'd get that in here before you twist my words into me somehow supporting the cause.

The situation is a being investigated and it will be halted and no doubt measures will be put into place to prevent such happenings again.

Table 2a shows that, in January 2012, there were 8.2 million pupils attending 24,372 schools in England (including nursery schools, state-funded primary schools, state-funded secondary schools, special schools, pupil referral units and independent schools.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... in-england
Oscar Namechange

LarsMac;1456822 wrote: No, none of that. The Mail is just among the most annoying of news outlets, and right up there with FOX and the National Enquirer in the credibility department.

I feel that way about the BBC

The reason I would like to see religion taken out of schools Is simple. I'd like to see children educated In how many wars and how many millions of lives are lost due to religion. How many Innocents are still to this day being slaughtered In the name of religion, Syria as an example.

The UK Is ethnically diverse but unfortunately when It comes to religion, some see their god as the only god. That's why Intolerance, Intimidation, racial unrest thrives. To Impose that on young children, to me Is wrong. Taking religion out of schools young children would just get on with each other and learn tolerance In their own time and ways. They may just accept other children as a person and not for what they represent.

My Sister's children were taught Christianity In school as I was and one of her daughters Is about to marry a Muslim. I myself have many Muslim friends. People find their own balance In life. Being educated Into being a neutral caring person will go far further Into solving holy wars than your god, my god crap. To me, teaching hard line religion to 6 year olds creates a beast that we now have a problem with.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

FAUX NEWs: We Report. You obey.

Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1456828 wrote: No, it's not about taking the beast out of the schools.

There are 25 schools being investigated out of a total of around 24,000 schools in England!

This is not an epidemic, it is a situation that should not be happening - thought I'd get that in here before you twist my words into me somehow supporting the cause.

The situation is a being investigated and it will be halted and no doubt measures will be put into place to prevent such happenings again.

Table 2a shows that, in January 2012, there were 8.2 million pupils attending 24,372 schools in England (including nursery schools, state-funded primary schools, state-funded secondary schools, special schools, pupil referral units and independent schools.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... in-england You avoided the question... How does the government go Into the homes of the bigots to preach tolerance?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Oscar Namechange;1456835 wrote: You avoided the question... How does the government go Into the homes of the bigots to preach tolerance?

Well, I'd say you don't. Not only can you not get into the homes, they'd reteach the opposite the second you left.

Instead, America has had remarkable success in teaching things like tolerance, anti-smoking, and anti-drug use at school....by starting extremely early. A good example is the "Don't meth with us" campaign in my own hometown. Meth use in the community dropped 80% in the year after the elementary school campaign which included stickers, t-shirts, videos, pledge drives, and songs that the children sung.
Oscar Namechange

Saint_;1456837 wrote: Well, I'd say you don't. Not only can you not get into the homes, they'd reteach the opposite the second you left.

Instead, America has had remarkable success in teaching things like tolerance, anti-smoking, and anti-drug use at school....by starting extremely early. A good example is the "Don't meth with us" campaign in my own hometown. Meth use in the community dropped 80% in the year after the elementary school campaign which included stickers, t-shirts, videos, pledge drives, and songs that the children sung. I agree. Tolerance and acceptance begins or should begin long before the child reaches school.

I remember very well of when I was at primary school and a community of travellers moved Into the area and they're children started at our school. I remember the teachers addressing the classes with ' Today we have some new pupils who are gypsy travellers and they live In caravans. From what I remember, from then on, the bullying was relentless. How different that may have been If the teachers just said ' Class, today we have some new children joining us'. Instead what the teachers did was highlight differences and that made them the targets, for being different.

Same with educating children In religions. If they come from a neutral family or even a Christian family, they are already aware some kids are different because we are an ethnically diverse country. By teaching children about different religions, you are creating that same scenario where you are highlighting differences. Without religion In schools, they are all jus children who will find their own balance and level.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Namechange;1456835 wrote: You avoided the question... How does the government go Into the homes of the bigots to preach tolerance?

They don't, religion is taught in school in a balanced nature. The child of the bigots has it's eyes opened and starts thinking for themselves. The bigots, thank god - excuse the pun, will always be a minority in a nation of rational thinking people.
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1456840 wrote: They don't, religion is taught in school in a balanced nature. The child of the bigots has it's eyes opened and starts thinking for themselves. The bigots, thank god - excuse the pun, will always be a minority in a nation of rational thinking people.

So why Is there a government crisis over extremism In our schools? Only 25 ? Maybe, so how did those 25 get to that stage? Clearly, In those 25 schools placed Into special measures, there was and Is no balance. Tell me, how many Christian based schools have been accused of extremism ? Where's the evidence for that?

You are right.. there are bigots... 25 schools prove It.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1456817 wrote: Why?

Probably because it's heading for another pile-up in a familiar cul-de-sac, where slogging it out is the only thing left for it.
Oscar Namechange

High Threshold;1456844 wrote: Probably because it's heading for another pile-up in a familiar cul-de-sac, where slogging it out is the only thing left for it.

Much of this depends on where you live.

I go Into Bristol and can walk up the street hearing various languages and seeing various dress. I see white kids walking with black kids and asian kids and no-one bats an eyelid.

It's the same with young children. Those born Into cities where there are very large ethnic communities grow up walking along streets, hearing the call to prayer from Mosques, seeing the hijabs, the burka's, the turban's, the african dress etc and hearing the different languages. To any child born Into that kind of ethnic diversity, they know no different. They don't bat an eyelid at It. They grow up with people. They don't see religion, they see people.

Yet then, when they get to school or 11 years old, suddenly those who think they know better want to teach those children that those who don't dress and speak like them are ' different'. Why ? It makes me wonder what the agenda of such so called experts are.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1456861 wrote: Much of this depends on where you live.

I was speaking figuratively about The Mail and the direction this discussion is destined to take left ungoverned.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

High Threshold;1456798 wrote: Not "racial" surely. But anyway, I like to toy with pshycology. I like to consider what it would require for me to do or think in a way that would cause me to ........ whatever. Judaism isn't a race. You know that, but the Nazis may have thought it was - with eugenics and measuring skulls to determine Aryans and Slavics, etc. But the point is that (as far as I know) Hitler and his cronies weren't practising Christians, so what was their problem? And Goebbels said in one of his speeches, "We have a German, theatre, German art, German ..... " well, you know. Yes, so I guess he considered Judaism a race. Otherwise he would have realized that German citizens of the Jewish faith were also Germans. But hey, let's face it! I've met tons of Americans (maye even you) who say things like, "He's French, she's Chinese, and that guy is Jewish." And that, by the way, is how the holocaust was made easy.

I wish I did meet you! I met a few Swedes in other parts of Europe, but they were females & I was so impressed by their boldness & direct attitudes! Left me feeling very favorable about the culture that produced them.

Anyway, NOTICING differences doesn't lead to anything. i.e. Noticed you're fat. And bald. Noticed you're slim & muscular. And gorgeous. So what? I noticed my new neighbor is from China & she is teaching me a lot about China, about Canton where she is from. That's a good thing. I like differences.

As a matter of fact, the times I lived only with white, Xian people there's a part of me that gets nervous. And blonds. Amsterdam sometimes made me think of Hitler Youth. They looked more German than Germans. I never once wanted to kill any of them. As long as differences are accepted as external only, what's the big deal?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

High Threshold;1456867 wrote: I was speaking figuratively about The Mail and the direction this discussion is destined to take left ungoverned.

I shouldn't worry, not going to waste my time trying to get the facts laid out straight here. Anyone with any whit about them can realise figures originally presented are actually skewed. There is no major crisis really, just a bigging up of what has been an investigation.

Some basic FACTS;

Ofsted has carried out inspections of 21 schools

The five "Trojan Horse" schools - including three academies from the Park View Educational Trust - are being placed in special measures. A sixth school is also labelled inadequate for its poor educational standards.

Ofsted says that 12 schools will need to make improvements - and three have emerged with praise rather than criticism

"Extremism of any kind has no place in education."

But he warned that the "constant cycle of leaks and accusations over the last few weeks will have been demoralising and damaging for students and staff caught up in this ongoing drama".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27763113

There you go 'drama', an investigation into some schools has been bigged up into a huge scaremongering 'drama' as usual.

Nothing more to say really.
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1456888 wrote: I shouldn't worry, not going to waste my time trying to get the facts laid out straight here. Anyone with any whit about them can realise figures originally presented are actually skewed. There is no major crisis really, just a bigging up of what has been an investigation.

Some basic FACTS;

Ofsted has carried out inspections of 21 schools

The five "Trojan Horse" schools - including three academies from the Park View Educational Trust - are being placed in special measures. A sixth school is also labelled inadequate for its poor educational standards.

Ofsted says that 12 schools will need to make improvements - and three have emerged with praise rather than criticism

"Extremism of any kind has no place in education."

But he warned that the "constant cycle of leaks and accusations over the last few weeks will have been demoralising and damaging for students and staff caught up in this ongoing drama".

BBC News - Trojan Horse: Ofsted says schools were targeted

There you go 'drama', an investigation into some schools has been bigged up into a huge scaremongering 'drama' as usual.

Nothing more to say really.

Selective reading and selective quoting.

The Government were warned about extremism In schools four years but people like you thought, what's the big deal.?

Now 21 schools have been Investigated.

But hey, what does It matter to you. Your child Is not affected.

Animals suffering In Halal slaughter houses? Hey, what does It matter, It's only 13 %.

Kids being radicalised by bigots? Hey what does It matter? It's only a few schools,

It doesn't matter If It was just one school. It should never have happened. What about the children this may have had a detrimental effect on ?

What agenda do you have for wishing that young children as young as six, being taught religious bigotry and highlighting differences between other children?

You're right, there's nothing more to say to you. You clearly have no Idea of the reality of living In an ethnically diverse city.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1456901 wrote: Selective reading and selective quoting.
And selective interpretation of the events, and the outcome ?

Kids being radicalised by bigots? Hey what does It matter? It's only a few schools,

It doesn't matter If It was just one school. It should never have happened. What about the children this may have had a detrimental effect on ?

What agenda do you have for wishing that young children as young as six, being taught religious bigotry and highlighting differences between other children?

The murderers of Lee Rigby were not radicalised in school.

Kids are more easily radicalised in their homes, you don't think Griffins kids will be working for the Racial Equality Council do you ?

In fact a few years back a couple of bolshie English kids got into trouble for refusing to kneel in Islamic mode...........remember?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1456909 wrote: And selective interpretation of the events, and the outcome ?

The murderers of Lee Rigby were not radicalised in school.

Kids are more easily radicalised in their homes, you don't think Griffins kids will be working for the Racial Equality Council do you ?

In fact a few years back a couple of bolshie English kids got into trouble for refusing to kneel in Islamic mode...........remember? Two wrongs don't make a right etc.

Religious bigotry has no place In schools be It Christian, Islam or the easter bunny. They are children remember?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Bigotry has no place.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1456913 wrote: Bigotry has no place. In one of the grooming trials, a defendant blamed his actions on his school that taught women were 2nd rate, That's one example of bigotry.

Most bigotry Is down to religion. Most civil wars are down to religion. Look back through history and look at all the bloodshed In the name of religion. It will continue until children accept other children as children and not race or creed.

The fact Is, you simply can not force tolerance on anyone lest of all a six year old. Tolerance and acceptance comes from the heart not preached by teachers In schools. Children bullying each other In the playground Is all about Intolerance of another. When you start to highlight differences, that Is when more bigotry is borne than any other form.
Oscar Namechange

Where's the tolerance here?

An Islamic primary school was found with books promoting stoning, lashing and execution, the education watchdog has said.

Ofsted said Olive Tree Primary School in Luton, Bedfordshire, was deemed inadequate after inspectors found "pupils' contact in school with people from different cultures, faiths and traditions is too limited to promote tolerance and respect for the views, lifestyles and customs of other people".Along with library books that "promote fundamentalist views" which "have no place in British society", it was found there were too few books about the world's other major religions.

Books promoting stoning and execution found at school - ITV News
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1456887 wrote: Anyway, NOTICING differences doesn't lead to anything. i.e. Noticed you're fat. And bald. Noticed you're slim & muscular. And gorgeous. So what?

I disagree. Somewhere, in all of the tons upon tons of documentary films about WWII that I've see, there was a short interview with a Dutchman who lived through the Nazi occupation and its liberation. When the Nazis had got established they soon gave everyone a form to fill out. One question, according to this Dutchman, was of religion: "What religion are you?" He wrote "Christian". He said that it was only later, when the Jews were being shipped out of town in trucks, he realized that he had inadvertently taken part (and assisted) in the seeking, routing out and eventual extermination of the Jewish population.

AnneBoleyn;1456887 wrote: As long as differences are accepted as external only, what's the big deal?

Leaving my personal opinion out of it I'd like to tell you how it is done in Sweden. We do not make any reference to race. The only mention we might make is to the lightness or darkness of hair. The subject might be an African or Japanese but if we want to point him out we say, "Him with dark hair". We make no reference to weight stature. We will only say "kraftig" sort of like "strong". It can be frustrating though. If someone comes to your place of employment and wants to speak to that African fellow who works with you, the visiter might say "that dark-haired fellow". Which one? "Uh, he wears glasses." But you'd never say "that black fellow". And I can assure you that you would never say "He's a Jew." Other than Shabbath and the High Holidays you'd never know who's who. In the Swedish way of thinking, "What does it have to do with anything?"

BTW: There are no forms in Sweden asking you your race, ethnic background, religion, or if you are, ever have been, or know anyone who is or was a member of the Communist Party. I say that knowing that you are American and that I have been subjected to some awfully ridiculous and demeaning U.S. border controls.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1456914 wrote: In one of the grooming trials, a defendant blamed his actions on his school that taught women were 2nd rate, That's one example of bigotry.

..............................................The fact Is, you simply can not force tolerance on anyone lest of all a six year old. Tolerance and acceptance comes from the heart not preached by teachers In schools. .

Make your bleeding mind up girl.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1456915 wrote: An Islamic primary school was found with books promoting stoning, lashing and execution, the education watchdog has said.

Ofsted said Olive Tree Primary School in Luton, Bedfordshire, was deemed inadequate after inspectors..............................................................................

Bloody marvelous...............the system works.

Now................... how do we fix the problems found ?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1456937 wrote: Bloody marvelous...............the system works.

Now................... how do we fix the problems found ?

Well, Gove seems to have summed It up rather well. On the spot Inspections In schools and a return to British value's with more emphasis on the old school days of reading and writing rather than religion.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

:wah::wah::wah:
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Namechange;1456949 wrote: Well, Gove seems to have summed It up rather well. On the spot Inspections In schools and a return to British value's with more emphasis on the old school days of reading and writing rather than religion.

Cool... where did he say that bit? Can't find it at mo.

I would like to know exactly what are considered British Values too, and know exactly who chooses such values.
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1456951 wrote: Cool... where did he say that bit? Can't find it at mo.

I would like to know exactly what are considered British Values too, and know exactly who chooses such values. Perhaps you need to up your research.

For one he said on mainstream news last night.

Schools May Be Ordered To 'Promote British Values' In Response to 'Trojan Horse' Affair
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Betty, you are not the only one to wonder, it seems

Michael Gove Mercilessly Trolled On Twitter: The Best Of #BritishValues
- DH Lawrence
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Namechange;1456953 wrote: Perhaps you need to up your research.

For one he said on mainstream news last night.

Schools May Be Ordered To 'Promote British Values' In Response to 'Trojan Horse' Affair

My research?? You sure?

Where does Gove say there will be 'more emphasis on the old school days of reading and writing rather than religion.' you said he said it after all.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

jones jones;1456619 wrote: Religion in any form whatsoever should neither be taught nor enforced as part of any schools curriculum. Those dark days are or should be long past in the 21st century.

I whole heartedly agree with you Jj !!! There is no place for religion of any type in the schools of the UK. Religion is a matter for families to discuss and make decisions about.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

LarsMac;1456954 wrote: Betty, you are not the only one to wonder, it seems

Michael Gove Mercilessly Trolled On Twitter: The Best Of #BritishValues

Some of those are wonderful :wah: I liked the inclusion of reminiscing of the empire, good one that!
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1456955 wrote: My research?? You sure?

Where does Gove say there will be 'more emphasis on the old school days of reading and writing rather than religion.' you said he said it after all.

He said It back In 2013. Sorry Betty but I thought you knew everything on this subject.

New GCSE curriculum to be more demanding, says Gove | Education | The Guardian
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Namechange;1456959 wrote: He said It back In 2013. Sorry Betty but I thought you knew everything on this subject.

New GCSE curriculum to be more demanding, says Gove | Education | The Guardian

Never claimed to know everything...

Nope, it's not there either. Lots of talk about extra maths and english though.

I'll ask again...

Where does Gove say there will be 'more emphasis on the old school days of reading and writing rather than religion.' you said he said it after all?
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1456978 wrote: Never claimed to know everything...

Nope, it's not there either. Lots of talk about extra maths and english though.

I'll ask again...

Where does Gove say there will be 'more emphasis on the old school days of reading and writing rather than religion.' you said he said it after all?

The revised maths curriculum – which comes into force in September 2015 – expands the range of topics that pupils are expected to learn, while the new curriculum for GCSE English literature and language courses will place a greater emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar.

The education secretary, Michael Gove, said the introduction of a more demanding maths curriculum was to improve the attainment of pupils in England compared with their counterparts in other advanced industrial countries.

But hey, let's pick apart wording to detract from the topic of religious extremisim In our schools.

Returning to British values Is emphasis on those points rather than religion. Or can't you see what they are talking about on the news last night?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

There it is:

The revised exam will require the analysis of unseen texts, which the DfE says will reward students who have read widely.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

If this Is not stopping extremist religious practice In schools, then I don't know what Is.

Mr Gove insisted it was right to consider the shake-up after evidence was unearthed in school inspections that at one school, only Muslim children had been taken on trips to Saudi Arabia, while another regularly broadcast calls to Muslim prayer over a loudspeaker, and taught children ‘evolution is not what we believe’ in biology lessons.

Mr Gove also told MPs teachers would also be banned from the profession if they allow extremists into classrooms

Read more: Cameron lays out 'British values' that will be taught in every school to stop radicalisation | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1456949 wrote: Well, Gove seems to have summed It up rather well. On the spot Inspections In schools and a return to British value's with more emphasis on the old school days of reading and writing rather than religion.

That is creative reporting, that is how rumours start..........I am with you some of the way but reporting Gove said "............rather than religion" is not promoting your cause very well, because people question everything you say.

Wind your neck in a bit.

Ofsted has published the findings of its visits to 21 schools, all inspected after a letter - now widely believed to be a hoax - came to light, which referred to an alleged plot by hardline Muslims to seize control of a number of school governing boards in Birmingham

You gotta love a system that works so well.......as long as complacency doesn't creep in.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Namechange;1456979 wrote: while the new curriculum for GCSE English literature and language courses will place a greater emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar.

But hey, let's pick apart wording to detract from the topic of religious extremisim In our schools.

Returning to British values Is emphasis on those points rather than religion. Or can't you see what they are talking about on the news last night?

Yes I will pick apart words that you claim others have written.

You've heard of chinese whispers??

Facts are facts so stick to them, stop implying Gove said something he didn't actually say. How are we supposed to stop you making outrageous claims if we don't pick your words apart? You cannot expect to raise matters and not have your wording picked apart on a forum.
Oscar Namechange

Betty Boop;1456985 wrote: Yes I will pick apart words that you claim others have written.

You've heard of chinese whispers??

Facts are facts so stick to them, stop implying Gove said something he didn't actually say. How are we supposed to stop you making outrageous claims if we don't pick your words apart? You cannot expect to raise matters and not have your wording picked apart on a forum.

Outrageous claims???

Posted by Betty Boop

"They don't, religion is taught in school in a balanced nature. The child of the bigots has it's eyes opened and starts thinking for themselves."

How do you know that? How many ethnically diverse Inner city schools have you visited? How Is any child supposed to have his eyes opened as you put It when they are told about white prostitutes, Jesus dolls being banned, segregated classes etc?

Have you actually been In any of these schools? Have you actually spoken to the head teachers who spoke of fear and Intimidation?

And exactly how does any child have his eyes opened In any school that has extremist radicals ? How Is that a ' balanced nature' then Betty?

Wether the letter was a hoax or not, the government was warned of this four years ago Why do you think we should all turn a blind eye and put It down to reporting that doesn't suit your reading?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gove-demands-b ... ar-1451943
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1456987 wrote: Wether the letter was a hoax or not, the government was warned of this four years ago

By the rabid right ?

If you complain about everything all the time you are bound to be right about something.......once in a while........boy that cried wolf comes to mind.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1456988 wrote: By the rabid right ?

If you complain about everything all the time you are bound to be right about something.......once in a while........boy that cried wolf comes to mind.

No Bruv, not the rabid right... Head teachers !!!

Trojan Horse exclusive: Birmingham school head had warned over signs of extremism in pupils four years ago - Birmingham Mail

Head warned of Muslim school plot four years ago | The Times

Muslim extremists 'forced head teacher out of her school' in 'dirty tricks campaign' - Mirror Online

The Right had nothing to do with It...wind yer neck In eh ? No Daily Mail In sight either.

Return to “People”