Religious Slaughter

Mark Aspam

Religious Slaughter

Post by Mark Aspam »

High Threshold;1454125 wrote: Circumcision prevents cancer in a similar way that preemptive removal of the breast might be, except that washing your penis is much simpler. BTW today's doctors would disagree that circumcision cures cancer ... or even prevents it.

Ps. There is NOTHING "humane" about severing the foreskin of an infant.Very poor comparison. A breast has a useful purpose. A foreskin, like an appendix or a mother-in-law, has none other than to cause trouble.

And I never claimed that circumcision cures cancer, I said that the cure for cancer of the penis 'is just what you think it is', so use your imagination a bit more broadly.

And while we're on the subject, I think it's reasonable to assume that most women would prefer that sexual relations last thirty minutes rather than thirty seconds.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Mark Aspam;1454128 wrote: ... A foreskin ..... has none other than to cause trouble..

Oh my friend,how wrong you are.

Mark Aspam;1454128 wrote: ... I think it's reasonable to assume that most women would prefer that sexual relations last thirty minutes rather than thirty seconds.

Goodness! You have a very strange idea on the length of time sexual relations last.

Ps. I do realize that you are purposely exagerrating (on both points) in order to have some fun and still get your point across, but you are wrong on both counts. Sorry, but these are prejudices, told and retold through the years.

And did you look at the link I provided?

Betty Boop

Religious Slaughter

Post by Betty Boop »

High Threshold;1454129 wrote: Oh my friend,how wrong you are.

Goodness! You have a very strange idea on the length of time sexual relations last.

Ps. I do realize that you are purposely exagerrating (on both points) in order to have some fun and still get your point across, but you are wrong on both counts. Sorry, but these are prejudices, told and retold through the years.

And did you look at the link I provided?

I did laugh at the thought that circumcised men last longer, really??? Deary me how sad someone has been drip fed such drivel. The one South African I know that had been circumcised admitted he wondered what it would be like to feel the same sensations as an un-circumcised man.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Mark Aspam;1454128 wrote:

And while we're on the subject, I think it's reasonable to assume that most women would prefer that sexual relations last thirty minutes rather than thirty seconds.

No, thirty seconds suits me just fine.....any longer and I get Nicotine withdrawal.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Religious Slaughter

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Mate;1454132 wrote: No, thirty seconds suits me just fine.....any longer and I get Nicotine withdrawal.

I don't know.......but, maybe you should be looking at getting more *cough* satisfying experiences on both counts.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

Bruv;1454133 wrote: I don't know.......but, maybe you should be looking at getting more *cough* satisfying experiences on both counts. I was joshing... I don't really get nicotine withdrawal after thirty seconds... I smoke during sex.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Religious Slaughter

Post by Bruv »

Thats amusing............................I normally steam.

Let me think about that 'smoke' a moment.................................................................Have you ever burst into flame, or is it just a slow smoulder?
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

Bruv;1454138 wrote: Thats amusing............................I normally steam.

Let me think about that 'smoke' a moment.................................................................Have you ever burst into flame, or is it just a slow smoulder? I'm too lazy to smoulder.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Betty Boop;1454131 wrote: I did laugh at the thought that circumcised men last longer, really??? Deary me how sad someone has been drip fed such drivel. The one South African I know that had been circumcised admitted he wondered what it would be like to feel the same sensations as an un-circumcised man.

"Drip fed".... now there's the matter in a nut shell. Well, not "real" nuts but .... oh, you know what I mean!
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454132 wrote: No, thirty seconds suits me just fine......

That's the dilema, isn't it! She's with a bloke who's had his hat whacked off so she needs an hour or two to get him right. But then with the other guy (who's still intact) and she's off within minutes - or even seconds! :yh_rotfl
AnneBoleyn

Religious Slaughter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Oscar Mate;1454134 wrote: I was joshing... I don't really get nicotine withdrawal after thirty seconds... I smoke during sex.

I say this with utmost sympathy & respect. It's gallows humor for you to joke about smoking. Even though I miss it & sometimes wish for a cigarette, cigarette smoking, & secondhand smoke, ends in death & poor quality of life. This I know from personal experience & tragedy, as do you.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

AnneBoleyn;1454144 wrote: I say this with utmost sympathy & respect. It's gallows humor for you to joke about smoking. Even though I miss it & sometimes wish for a cigarette, cigarette smoking, & secondhand smoke, ends in death & poor quality of life. This I know from personal experience & tragedy, as do you.

I have smoked since I was 11 years old. I don't drink alcohol and I don't get off my tits on prescription Meds as millions do.

If and when I get lung cancer, I shall not seek sympathy from anyone.

There are people dying every day from far worse who have never put a cigg In their mouths... like my Sister who died of breast cancer leaving three young children.

People are being killed every 15 minutes by people driving while drunk.

Smoking Is my choice... I apologise to no-one... besides...

What do you think that dent In a man's back is for ? The one just above the butt. It was Invented for women to rest their ashtray.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1454144 wrote: ...... cigarette smoking, & secondhand smoke, ends in death & poor quality of life.

How I loath secondhand smoke! I'm a non-smoker myself and so is my wife - and we have a 6-year-old son. It is clearly marked NO SMOKING inside each and every bus shelter, but do you think most smokers pay any heed????? I've had to remind some, tell a few off, and even one woman who claimed (being a lawer) she knows she laws better than I! Should I assume law school doesn't teach the students how to "read" signs? If there is any group of citizens I'd like to stick my boot up ......... :mad:
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

High Threshold;1454152 wrote: How I loath secondhand smoke! I'm a non-smoker myself and so is my wife - and we have a 6-year-old son. It is clearly marked NO SMOKING inside each and every bus shelter, but do you think most smokers pay any heed????? I've had to remind some, tell a few off, and even one woman who claimed (being a lawer) she knows she laws better than I! Should I assume law school doesn't teach the students how to "read" signs? If there is any group of citizens I'd like to stick my boot up ......... :mad: There a difference between smokers.. Considerate smokers and Inconsiderate smokers. I myself am a heavy smoker but I am extremely curteous of others. I do not expect to smoke In other people's car nor their homes. I do not light up In front of children at any time. I am considerate to others and I expect others to be considerate to the fact that It's my choice. Ironically, those who complain the most then go and choke me with their car exhaust fumes.

You should see my Close at 3pm when parents cause gridlock collecting kids from the school next door to my house with their engines running. It's absolutely toxic. Ban them I say.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454146 wrote: ... I don't drink alcohol and I don't get off my tits on prescription Meds as millions do.

..... Smoking Is my choice... I apologise to no-one...

I think it's your drink and where you put your tits in regards prescription Meds that are your choice. My lungs are my choice, so if your smoke infriges upon any of my choices then perhaps I'll empty a bottle of plunk down your throat or stick a packet of perscription Meds down your cleavage next time you're upwind with a lit fag. And don't expect an apology from me either.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454153 wrote: There a difference between smokers.. Considerate smokers and Inconsiderate smokers. I myself am a heavy smoker but I am extremely curteous of others. I do not expect to smoke In other people's car nor their homes. I do not light up In front of children at any time. I am considerate to others and I expect others to be considerate to the fact that It's my choice.

Then yoiu won't need to read my above response.

Oscar Mate;1454153 wrote: Ironically, those who complain the most then go and choke me with their car exhaust fumes.

You should see my Close at 3pm when parents cause gridlock collecting kids from the school next door to my house with their engines running. It's absolutely toxic. Ban them I say.

Too true. But here in Sweden automomible inspections are strikt and I have never been subjected to such treatment.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

I know, I know. "you" and "automobile". This suckass computer won't let me post twice or edit any post without first signing off and then back in again.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

High Threshold;1454158 wrote: I know, I know. "you" and "automobile". This suckass computer won't let me post twice or edit any post without first signing off and then back in again.

If I was In your company, I would always ask before lighting up. If you objected, I'd have no problem with waiting for a cigg. I just find It Ironic and hypocritical that many who make such a fuss about people who smoke In front of children ( I don't ) then sit outside school gates waiting for their kids with their engines running, polluting the air that I breathe.
AnneBoleyn

Religious Slaughter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

oscar: "Smoking Is my choice... I apologise to no-one.."

I'm not asking for an apology. As a former long time smoker whose health has been compromised by my own actions & as the daughter of a man dead from lung cancer, I know smoking for what it is -- an ADDICTION. You (as I was) are a Slave to Cigarettes. I hope you're not kidding yourself re: the truth of that statement.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454161 wrote: ..... I just find It Ironic and hypocritical that many who make such a fuss about people who smoke In front of children ( I don't ) then sit outside school gates waiting for their kids with their engines running, polluting the air that I breathe.

True enough. There are cars in Sweden that automatically shut off at traffic lights for that very reason. And yes, I have a six-year-old and I am sensitive to those things too. I don't walk against the red if there are children present and I cross only at zebra crossing if my boy is with me.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

High Threshold;1454239 wrote: True enough. There are cars in Sweden that automatically shut off at traffic lights for that very reason. And yes, I have a six-year-old and I am sensitive to those things too. I don't walk against the red if there are children present and I cross only at zebra crossing if my boy is with me.

This has to be the best... I was at the Doctor's surgery and outside the double doors to the waiting room Is a wall mounted ashtray for smokers. I'm outside the doors minding my own business having a cigg and one of those over large self Imposed Officiado's comes bustling out and asks me to put my cigg out because she's about to bring her child out of the doors despite the fact I'm actually standing In a car park.

I wasn't rude, In fact, I was terribly polite and told her I'd move away from the doors which I did,

She then climbs Into an 8 seater people carrier, reverses out of her parking space so her exhaust pipe was now actually right outside the open double doors. While she faffed about checking her mirrors etc, she pumped clouds of toxic fumes Into the Doctors waiting room.

At that point, politeness left me and I had the pleasure of pointing out what she's just done.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

My petition now heads toward the 10,000 mark... that's more than some Brighton and Hove Albion home games.... onwards and upwards.
Bruv

Religious Slaughter

Post by Bruv »

How ironic and strangely correct that this "Religious Slaughter" thread is now about inhaling the noxious addictive smoke of the tobacco plant..............just saying.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454241 wrote: ..... She ..... reverses out of her parking space so her exhaust pipe was now actually right outside the open double doors. While she faffed about checking her mirrors etc, she pumped clouds of toxic fumes Into the Doctors waiting room.

You're joking!!!!

Oscar Mate;1454241 wrote: At that point, politeness left me and I had the pleasure of pointing out what she's just done.

And she looked at you like she had no idea what you were talking about, right?
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

High Threshold;1454268 wrote: You're joking!!!!

And she looked at you like she had no idea what you were talking about, right? You know, that was the exact thing. She just looked at me like ' what '....
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454281 wrote: ..... She just looked at me like ' what '....

Walking with my 6-year-old to school a few months ago ... hand in hand across the road "on the green", we must then immediately cross the bicycle path as well .... still "on the green" mind you. Cross traffic (both for motorcars and bicycles) was "red". I know that goes without saying but ......... Anyway, there was already one cyclist stopped at the light but as we approached the curbing a second cyclist was coming along. She's bound to stop, right? Not really. My boy and I stepped up the curbing to carry on, but as we were about to pass behind the first stationery bicycle, the second only avoided hitting us broadside by a great screeching of her tyres. She shouted at me in English (an American she was!) and told me that I ought to have given her the right of way, "particularly as I'm pregnant!", says she! I didn't break my stride but did ask if perhaps the "red lights" and "green lights" have some other meaning where she comes from.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

High Threshold;1454293 wrote: Walking with my 6-year-old to school a few months ago ... hand in hand across the road "on the green", we must then immediately cross the bicycle path as well .... still "on the green" mind you. Cross traffic (both for motorcars and bicycles) was "red". I know that goes without saying but ......... Anyway, there was already one cyclist stopped at the light but as we approached the curbing a second cyclist was coming along. She's bound to stop, right? Not really. My boy and I stepped up the curbing to carry on, but as we were about to pass behind the first stationery bicycle, the second only avoided hitting us broadside by a great screeching of her tyres. She shouted at me in English (an American she was!) and told me that I ought to have given her the right of way, "particularly as I'm pregnant!", says she! I didn't break my stride but did ask if perhaps the "red lights" and "green lights" have some other meaning where she comes from.

Ahhhh the female wild card haha the one that makes them exempt from all over laws.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454298 wrote: Ahhhh the female wild card haha the one that makes them exempt from all over laws.

That's the one. :)
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

Back to topic and It's good to see the British press now asking questions.

Halal meat: Most Britons want a ban on halal slaughtermen slitting throats of conscious animals - Mirror Online
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454437 wrote: Back to topic and It's good to see the British press now asking questions.

Halal meat: Most Britons want a ban on halal slaughtermen slitting throats of conscious animals - Mirror Online

I don't think Al Qaida (or whoever it was wielding the knife) video taping the beheading of westerners, and sticking them on YouTube, did UK Halal any favours.
Betty Boop

Religious Slaughter

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Mate;1454437 wrote: Back to topic and It's good to see the British press now asking questions.

Indeed,

Our survey suggests widespread Â*disapproval for the 17 UK abattoirs where animals are bled to death without being stunned , for religious reasons.

It is estimated about 10 per cent of animals killed for halal meat are conscious – in line with beliefs of a minority of Muslims.

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

So, that's 10% of animals, therefore a call for ALL halal slaughterhouses to be closed down is pointless.

Lets bring the ones that are not stunning the animals into line with all the other slaughterhouses that are stunning before slaughter.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

High Threshold;1454442 wrote: I don't think Al Qaida (or whoever it was wielding the knife) video taping the beheading of westerners, and sticking them on YouTube, did UK Halal any favours.

Sorry, I'm missing the connection... care to elaborate ?
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

Betty Boop;1454446 wrote: Indeed,

Our survey suggests widespread �*disapproval for the 17 UK abattoirs where animals are bled to death without being stunned , for religious reasons.

It is estimated about 10 per cent of animals killed for halal meat are conscious – in line with beliefs of a minority of Muslims.

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

So, that's 10% of animals, therefore a call for ALL halal slaughterhouses to be closed down is pointless.

Lets bring the ones that are not stunning the animals into line with all the other slaughterhouses that are stunning before slaughter. You think that's all there Is to It ? Geez woman.... you need to do some research.

UK Dirty Meat Scandal
Betty Boop

Religious Slaughter

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Mate;1454449 wrote: You think that's all there Is to It ? Geez woman.... you need to do some research.

UK Dirty Meat Scandal

So come on then, what else is there to it? What in that link do you want me to take note of?

The facts so far are

You have written a very badly worded e-petition that is misleading

You claim all halal animals are killed inhumanely

I have shown that not all halal meat is killed in an inhumane way
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

Betty Boop;1454452 wrote: So come on then, what else is there to it? What in that link do you want me to take note of?

The facts so far are

You have written a very badly worded e-petition that is misleading

You claim all halal animals are killed inhumanely

I have shown that not all halal meat is killed in an inhumane way There are thousands of retail shops In this country yet goods are sold on the black market behind closed doors. There are thousands of Pet shops In this country with laws on selling endangered species yet exotics are still sold on the black market. So by the same token, do you seriously think every backstreet Halal slaughter shop Is registered with the authorities?

Your words Betty... " Not all " Under Uk animal welfare law there should be none.

What part of years of research and conclusion by the RSPCA do you not get ?

Anyone like you who states " what does It matter " Is not entering a debate. You don't care Betty, we all get that... So you continue to turn a blind eye and I'll do things my way.... If any petition Is as ridiculous as you say mine Is, they don't get almost 10,000 sigs.
Betty Boop

Religious Slaughter

Post by Betty Boop »

Oscar Mate;1454453 wrote: There are thousands of retail shops In this country yet goods are sold on the black market behind closed doors. There are thousands of Pet shops In this country with laws on selling endangered species yet exotics are still sold on the black market. So by the same token, do you seriously think every backstreet Halal slaughter shop Is registered with the authorities?

Your words Betty... " Not all " Under Uk animal welfare law there should be none.

What part of years of research and conclusion by the RSPCA do you not get ?

Anyone like you who states " what does It matter " Is not entering a debate. You don't care Betty, we all get that... So you continue to turn a blind eye and I'll do things my way.... If any petition Is as ridiculous as you say mine Is, they don't get almost 10,000 sigs.

Love your twist on things, seems as twisted as your mind.

So, now the argument is in your paragraphs above?

Make up your mind what the point is of this thread because it's you that keeps moving the goalposts.

By the way, I never said I didn't care, others did though, go and have a go at them.

The e-petition on the most recent link of yours is a beautifully written thing, to the point and factually correct. That one will get my support because it gives black and white facts and does not make wild untrue claims.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

Betty Boop;1454459 wrote: Love your twist on things, seems as twisted as your mind.

So, now the argument is in your paragraphs above?

Make up your mind what the point is of this thread because it's you that keeps moving the goalposts.

By the way, I never said I didn't care, others did though, go and have a go at them.

The e-petition on the most recent link of yours is a beautifully written thing, to the point and factually correct. That one will get my support because it gives black and white facts and does not make wild untrue claims. Your opinion Is not the opinion of nearly 10,000 people to date. If you think It Is, then you're deluded.

It's like your thread on Barcelona. Instead of coming back and sharing the glorious city, the first thing you do Is whine about the dirty streets and potholes when you get home.

So what have you done about It? Have you knocked on doors to see If others feel the same way and are affected.? Have you contacted your local elected Councilors? Have you rung the council to see what budget is available for repairs and If they are scheduled ? I'm betting you haven't. I'm betting you would rather moan and whinge until someone else does something.

Likewise, here, you are not Interested In the actual aspect of animal cruelty after all " what does It matter"... you can only pick apart posts and their wording. I don't care If you agree with my wording. Your approval Is not something I seek nor want. Other people do agree with me. So I'll leave you to yourself Betty.
High Threshold

Religious Slaughter

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Mate;1454448 wrote: Sorry, I'm missing the connection... care to elaborate ?

I have witnessed a goat being Halal slaughtered in the north of Lebanon back in 1977. It was a ghastly sight, blood from the severed jugular spurting several metres, the animal thrashing wildly, the part of the throat still attached to the neck dangling then heaving left and right. Even while the creature was still alive a slit was cut just above the ankle of a back leg, a small rubber hose inserted into the wound, the other end attached to an electric-operated air pump thus blowing a gap between the hide and the body to make skinning the beast easier. Gruesome. Just gruesome. It'll put you off your dinner for sure. But that's what Halal is .... slitting the throat to allow the animal to bleed to death, purifying it of the blood that a Moslem must not ingest. Of course, not many westerners have seen this spectacle unless they've been to YouTube to see terrorist handiwork on a kidnapped westerner.

If you can hear the word "Halal" without visualizing terror in the eyes of the victim ........

I can't.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

High Threshold;1454465 wrote: I have witnessed a goat being Halal slaughtered in the north of Lebanon back in 1977. It was a ghastly sight, blood from the severed jugular spurting several metres, the animal thrashing wildly, the part of the throat still attached to the neck dangling then heaving left and right. Even while the creature was still alive a slit was cut just above the ankle of a back leg, a small rubber hose inserted into the wound, the other end attached to an electric-operated air pump thus blowing a gap between the hide and the body to make skinning the beast easier. Gruesome. Just gruesome. It'll put you off your dinner for sure. But that's what Halal is .... slitting the throat to allow the animal to bleed to death, purifying it of the blood that a Moslem must not ingest. Of course, not many westerners have seen this spectacle unless they've been to YouTube to see terrorist handiwork on a kidnapped westerner.

If you can hear the word "Halal" without visualizing terror in the eyes of the victim ........

I can't.

Ahhh I've got you now. Well, Yes, part of my education has unfortunately been the witnessing of an animal being slaughtered without pre-stunning and you're absolutely right.

I've also seen the beheadings on youtube. For those who say " what does It matter"... probably have never actually witnessed It first hand.

It's rather like my campaigning for years to have Fox Hunting banned In this country. I have absolutely no problem with a farmer humanely shooting a nuisance Fox on his land but I have a big problem when the animal Is chased for miles until It can't breathe and then ripped to pieces.

Also, there are Christians who do not want their food blessed In the name of a god that accepts no other and no-one has a right to tell me we can not object to that.

The Irony being In the original 7th century Holy Koran, the Phrophet Mohammed wrote " Be kind to all animals"... It was changed 300 years later by radicals... the hypocrisy !!!!
Betty Boop

Religious Slaughter

Post by Betty Boop »

I am sick of having words attributed to me that I have not said.

For the record, nowhere have I said "what does it matter"

Maybe Oscar should go back to school and learn what quotation marks should be used for. They are not there for Oscar to take her own twist on things and attribute her thoughts to someone else, which is exactly what she does all the time around here.

I will continue to pick apart ridiculous and badly worded arguments as I see fit, no matter who posts them.
Bruv

Religious Slaughter

Post by Bruv »

I must confess, my father kept rabbits and chickens for food, we got fresh eggs, and learned a little animal husbandry a bit about sex and death.

My father taught us to respect all living things and that animals in your care should be well looked after.

My father would pull the rabbit's and chicken's necks, slit their throats to bleed them as they hung by the feet.

Both would jerk and twitch for some time after death, I remember the glazed eyes and pooled blood, the matted fur and feathers.

Not a pretty sight, but to eat the meat, the slaughter was necessary.

My father would kill each creature individually for each meal, slaughterhouses are conveyor belts slaughtering wholesale.

Beasts are slaughtered in sight, sound and smelling distance of each other, causing fear and consternation on those waiting their turn.

I believe that the method of slaughter is such that beasts are NOT treated humanely in modern facilities whether it is Halal or not.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

Bruv;1454495 wrote: I must confess, my father kept rabbits and chickens for food, we got fresh eggs, and learned a little animal husbandry a bit about sex and death.

My father taught us to respect all living things and that animals in your care should be well looked after.

My father would pull the rabbit's and chicken's necks, slit their throats to bleed them as they hung by the feet.

Both would jerk and twitch for some time after death, I remember the glazed eyes and pooled blood, the matted fur and feathers.

Not a pretty sight, but to eat the meat, the slaughter was necessary.

My father would kill each creature individually for each meal, slaughterhouses are conveyor belts slaughtering wholesale.

Beasts are slaughtered in sight, sound and smelling distance of each other, causing fear and consternation on those waiting their turn.

I believe that the method of slaughter is such that beasts are NOT treated humanely in modern facilities whether it is Halal or not.

You just left out hoisting the animal up several feet by It's chained back legs to await death other than that, I totally agree.

We grew up semi Rural In The Sussex Downs were rabbit, partridge, pheasant and goose was common place. I also remember my Father wringing their necks. As a kid, the highlight of the week was going to the market and seeing all the animals and where my Mother would buy her chickens etc. It was when I got to about 6 years old, It dawned on me that they were being sold to be killed and then my Mother couldn't get me there for love nor money.
fuzzywuzzy

Religious Slaughter

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well I took my pigs to slaughter

.They were put into the stalls and were happy, cows, horses, chickens sheep DO NOT ..I repeat DO NOT smell blood, but pigs do. That's why they are done first thing in the morning. The slaughter house my pigs went to was clean. I was allowed to walk the route my pigs would take and I was fine with it. They don't know nothing. they stand in an enclosed pen dead in seconds then a lever is pulled and they fall onto a massive butchers table inside the plant where the work begins on them. Next pig cant see or hear ........next pig goes into the enclosed pen and it continues.

slaughtering my sheep was different again . A farmer did those for me . whilst I watched. They were shot and immediately hung and stripped. They didn't know what was going on.

The chickens? Hmmmmmmm that's a completely different story. I didn't like the way my dad did them. I don't like all that twitching around and stuff. Granted we did 12 boilers at once . And the blood ........my god all that blood I think I just prefer the white chalk hypnotism thing, works much better for me
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

fuzzywuzzy;1454503 wrote: Well I took my pigs to slaughter

.They were put into the stalls and were happy, cows, horses, chickens sheep DO NOT ..I repeat DO NOT smell blood, but pigs do. That's why they are done first thing in the morning. The slaughter house my pigs went to was clean. I was allowed to walk the route my pigs would take and I was fine with it. They don't know nothing. they stand in an enclosed pen dead in seconds then a lever is pulled and they fall onto a massive butchers table inside the plant where the work begins on them. Next pig cant see or hear ........next pig goes into the enclosed pen and it continues.

slaughtering my sheep was different again . A farmer did those for me . whilst I watched. They were shot and immediately hung and stripped. They didn't know what was going on.

The chickens? Hmmmmmmm that's a completely different story. I didn't like the way my dad did them. I don't like all that twitching around and stuff. Granted we did 12 boilers at once . And the blood ........my god all that blood I think I just prefer the white chalk hypnotism thing, works much better for me Really good to hear Fuzzy. That's how It should be.
AnneBoleyn

Religious Slaughter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

My grandma used to strangle the chickens. Just snapped their necks. Even when she moved to NYC in 1905. It was cheaper than buying the chicken killed & cut up.

Just made me think of something strange. Since she was kosher I wonder why she was allowed? Any rabbinical students or a rabbi out there?

And how come fish doesn't have to be kosher? My mother remembers coming home to find a big fish swimming in the bathtub. Guess it was cheaper that way too. I guess fish aren't kosher because they are all caught & killed by hooks & nets. Wonder how grandma--------maybe I shouldn't know!
fuzzywuzzy

Religious Slaughter

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I've always believed that. To do pigs on your own property is way too time consuming and it's upsetting for the pigs. And this coming from a woman who's uncle owned the old type of piggery that are banned now. (but that was back in the 70's)

My sister wont touch meat that hasn't come from the supermarket she won't even walk into a butcher shop. Now there's a 106 degrees of seperation for you. She just dosen't want to know.

People like her don't believe meat has a smell to it.
fuzzywuzzy

Religious Slaughter

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

AnneBoleyn;1454511 wrote: My grandma used to strangle the chickens. Just snapped their necks. Even when she moved to NYC in 1905. It was cheaper than buying the chicken killed & cut up.

Just made me think of something strange. Since she was kosher I wonder why she was allowed? Any rabbinical students or a rabbi out there?

And how come fish doesn't have to be kosher? My mother remembers coming home to find a big fish swimming in the bathtub. Guess it was cheaper that way too. I guess fish aren't kosher because they are all caught & killed by hooks & nets. Wonder how grandma--------maybe I shouldn't know!

That's why I only invite Jews to dinner when I'm having lobster lol lol all the more for me.
fuzzywuzzy

Religious Slaughter

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm joking there are no Jews around here. but all that Kosher stuff is in the bible too ....so basically we're all going to hell.
Oscar Namechange

Religious Slaughter

fuzzywuzzy;1454512 wrote: I've always believed that. To do pigs on your own property is way too time consuming and it's upsetting for the pigs. And this coming from a woman who's uncle owned the old type of piggery that are banned now. (but that was back in the 70's)

My sister wont touch meat that hasn't come from the supermarket she won't even walk into a butcher shop. Now there's a 106 degrees of seperation for you. She just dosen't want to know.

People like her don't believe meat has a smell to it. Around where I live, there are Farms who slaughter their own and then sell the meat In the Farm shop. If I can, that's where I go because, can't put my finger on why, but the meat does seem to taste better.
AnneBoleyn

Religious Slaughter

Post by AnneBoleyn »

fuzzywuzzy;1454516 wrote: I'm joking there are no Jews around here. but all that Kosher stuff is in the bible too ....so basically we're all going to hell.

I thought we were already there.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”