Sorry to sound smug.... but...

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Food stamps to replace cash handouts for the poor and vulnerable in benefits shake-up | Mail Online

I remember just over two years ago hob knobbing with my local Tories pre election and being told by a Tory Councillor that this would eventually happen should the Tories get In.... I remember writing about It In a thread....

From what they told me back then, this may be just the start If Cameron gets his way and replace benefit completely with vouchers for food and utilities...

They won't be able to be sold on due to having to produce a unique card with the vouchers similar to loyalty cards...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

This is a good thing. I don't know how the dole in England works but here we have the EBT system. It's rife with abuse. More than once I have been in a 7-11 and had a stoned sub adult in front of me with a bad case of the munchies buying all kinds of junk food with an EBT card. WTF????

They busted a store in Seattle for laundering druggies EBT cards recently. Example. They'd give the druggie $50 in cash and charge the card $100. How's that for convenience?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Scrat;1423334 wrote: This is a good thing. I don't know how the dole in England works but here we have the EBT system. It's rife with abuse. More than once I have been in a 7-11 and had a stoned sub adult in front of me with a bad case of the munchies buying all kinds of junk food with an EBT card. WTF????

They busted a store in Seattle for laundering druggies EBT cards recently. Example. They'd give the druggie $50 in cash and charge the card $100. How's that for convenience? I have a dear friend on facebook who has to stay at home to care for a severely disabled child who Is outraged at this.

However, apparently, the UK Is the envy of the world because we have the most generous welfare system but... we have child poverty.

I do see people I know on welfare In stores buying cheap cut booze and ciggs before food for their children. I know one couple not a million miles away from me who buy hair dye, tattoo's and piercings while their children are hungry and grubby and last week the bailiffs called.

I am not saying for a minute that everyone on welfare Is like this... I have another close friend who after being made redundant, took over the care of her toddler grandchild and that woman Is the queen of budgeting.... but there are people that abuse the system and I hope It's that reason that Cameron Is doing this...

He says he wants to end the culture of something for nothing.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “International Politics”