America... Does this worry you ?

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

North Korea threatens pre-emptive nuclear strike against US | World news | guardian.co.uk

When I was studying Nostradamus, I remember one quatrain that was translated as:

The first missile will be fired from the East.

One tenth of the new world ( America ) will be annihilated.

but the victor will be born on new world soil....

Just saying :-2:-3
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Nostradamus? Not bloody likely. Same goes for N.Korea. No, it is they who should worry. Take them out of their misery of starving so badly they must cannibalize their own children.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Anne, what you just said is stupid and childish. It would make some think you're a rabid idiot.

Anyway, first off. I have no idea what N Korea said, my only source of information so far has been the western media, well known for its distortion of facts and information of all kinds.

N Korea is not going to attack anyone. Period. If Pyongyang decides to attack anyone Pyongyang most likely will quickly be bombed to rubble by China who does not want ANY military confrontations in its neighborhood at the moment. There are 3 entire armies north of the Yalu river, they're there in case the N.Ks go nuts and head south or in case S Korea loses it's mind and America gets the balls to cross the 38th parallel.

I find this rhetoric distressing. Make no mistake, there are people in America and the west that would like nothing more than to see the Korean penninsula in flames, the profits would be astounding. What worries me even more is people who actually believe this crap.
Oscar Namechange

He was on the news tonight saying he was going to bomb the US and China over sanctions.

US urges North Korea to halt 'provocative actions' in wake of sanctions | World news | guardian.co.uk
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Please show me where he said that? I read the article, there was no quotes or anything. Something about a general saying missiles were on standby to strike back if the west gets ballsy is all I saw.

Perhaps Britain should start investing heavily in nuclear weapons and a top notch ABM system, you will need a navy too. A really big one, at least 50 carriers to protect you from the Nork savages who want to TAKE ALL OF YOUR TEA AND CRUMPETS!!!
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Scrat;1422339 wrote: Please show me where he said that? I read the article, there was no quotes or anything. Something about a general saying missiles were on standby to strike back if the west gets ballsy is all I saw.

Perhaps Britain should start investing heavily in nuclear weapons and a top notch ABM system, you will need a navy too. A really big one, at least 50 carriers to protect you from the Nork savages who want to TAKE ALL OF YOUR TEA AND CRUMPETS!!!

They'll have to fight me to the death if they think they are going to deprive me of my tea and crumpets.

Thats a call to arms.

I have sharpened my pitch fork and if necessary I will club the invaders senseless with a runcible spoon
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I'm just wondering how nomad would respond.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

along-for-the-ride;1422347 wrote: I'm just wondering how nomad would respond.

Man wearing TIN FOIL to 'prevent microwave signals from entering his head' arrested for threatening to burn down four schools | Mail Online
Oscar Namechange

Scrat;1422339 wrote: Please show me where he said that? I read the article, there was no quotes or anything. Something about a general saying missiles were on standby to strike back if the west gets ballsy is all I saw.

Perhaps Britain should start investing heavily in nuclear weapons and a top notch ABM system, you will need a navy too. A really big one, at least 50 carriers to protect you from the Nork savages who want to TAKE ALL OF YOUR TEA AND CRUMPETS!!! Instead of getting waspy, why not discuss weather they have the capabilities...

No It didn't say he said It In that article but he did on TV.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Accountable;1422334 wrote:

George W Bush is no longer in office.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

And kimchi is not considered a luxury item.....
Oscar Namechange

Here you go Scrat

BREAKING! North Korea Threatens Pre-Emptive Nuclear Strike Against U.S. 3-7-2013 - YouTube
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1422314 wrote: North Korea threatens pre-emptive nuclear strike against US | World news | guardian.co.uk

When I was studying Nostradamus, I remember one quatrain that was translated as:

Just saying :-2:-3

Good grief when do you start reading the guardian. :-2

Posted by scrat

Haven't you heard? we are going to borrow France's carriers and the planes will be carrying big rocks instead of bombs, never mind we will still have trident just in case the soviets attack.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1422355 wrote: Good grief when do you start reading the guardian. :-2

. I read all the papers on line every night my little thistly haggis but I just Identify with The Daily Mail more what with me being a racist, Fascist Nazi....

Sometimes If I'm low on entertainment, I read The Independent just to amuse myself.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I get waspy about things like this because this is how millions of people lose their lives. All I saw there was some N Korean speaking in a language I don't understand translated by god knows who. And people actually buy into what they see/say. You're depending on people who have no interest in you (your well being in any form) whatsoever for information.

Do you actually believe what you hear? It's all bulls**t designed to keep you on edge, propaganda. You want to know what worries me? The S Korean and US politicians, the warhawks that would if they had a chance throw away 10s of millions of peoples lives over a freaking statement supposedly said by some fellow moron on the other side of the line. I'm not worried about the Norks, they're smarter than the western world. They've been pulling this crap for decades, say something and the neighborhood craps their jeans. It's all a lot of fun to someone I guess. Nothing like a lot of press 'eh?

Might want to ask yourself why there has been no peace there since the war.
Oscar Namechange

Scrat;1422358 wrote: I get waspy about things like this because this is how millions of people lose their lives. All I saw there was some N Korean speaking in a language I don't understand translated by god knows who. And people actually buy into what they see/say. You're depending on people who have no interest in you (your well being in any form) whatsoever for information.

Do you actually believe what you hear? It's all bulls**t designed to keep you on edge, propaganda. You want to know what worries me? The S Korean and US politicians, the warhawks that would if they had a chance throw away 10s of millions of peoples lives over a freaking statement supposedly said by some fellow moron on the other side of the line. I'm not worried about the Norks, they're smarter than the western world. They've been pulling this crap for decades, say something and the neighborhood craps their jeans. It's all a lot of fun to someone I guess. Nothing like a lot of press 'eh?

Might want to ask yourself why there has been no peace there since the war. As It happens my little scratchy one, I'm In the main agreeing with you. North Korea has been sabre rattling for decades.

I think It will be their eventual downfall. Rather like Sadam Hussain bragging about non existent weapons.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Scrat said: "Anne, what you just said is stupid and childish. It would make some think you're a rabid idiot."

Nicely put. I can top that. There are times when I think the same thing. There are times when I'm sure it's true. Unlike many other humans, some who inhibit message boards, perfection is not my forte.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I guess I've turned into a fatalist in my old age but since there's nothing I can do about any of this, true or not, I put it out of my mind. I'm going to die eventually anyway.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Nicely put. I can top that. There are times when I think the same thing. There are times when I'm sure it's true. Unlike many other humans, some who inhibit message boards, perfection is not my forte.

At least you can admit it. I know you're smarter than that. But like I said, things like this are what start world wars. None of us will be spared if it were to ever happen.

I think It will be their eventual downfall. Rather like Sadam Hussain bragging about non existent weapons.

No, tough talk will not be their eventual downfall. The momentum of change and the assimilation of the entire nation into China is what will bring change. The process is well underway. The stance of the west may well bring about our downfall in the not too distant future.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Scrat, I put some thought into this yesterday. The following remark, by Gen. Curtis LeMay (although my memory says Barry Goldwater) "My solution to the problem would be to tell frankly that they've got to draw in their horns and stop their aggression or we're going to bomb them into the Stone Age". He almost recanted on this disgusting remark, saying a few years later ""I never said we should bomb them back to the Stone Age. I said we had the capability to do it."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Curtis_LeMay

Hmmmm. My point is I was a young girl at the time & I was totally shocked & disgusted by that, & at that time I had no opinion about the rights or wrongs of the Vietnam War.

So, yesterday I thought "How different is that from what I said?" "Is that how Scrat saw my remark, as being the same?" and I didn't like my answer to myself.

Yes, I was being careless, not thoughtful. I was reacting from my complete disdain of Nostradamus. I was reacting from the horrific conditions endured by the North Koreans who can use a good meal instead of nuclear weapons. I was thinking of the insanity of the North Korean leadership, their neglect, their disregard to suffering.

I do disagree with this statement of yours: "I'm not worried about the Norks, they're smarter than the western world." I'm not putting them down by saying I fail to see evidence of that.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

PS--went back to when LeMay said that. 1965. Memory plays tricks; as I said, I always thought it was Goldwater who said it 1 year earlier.

Curtis LeMay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1422337 wrote: He was on the news tonight saying he was going to bomb the US and China over sanctions.

US urges North Korea to halt 'provocative actions' in wake of sanctions | World news | guardian.co.uk

I saw this reported on the BBC and it was the most biased report I've seen them make.

The majority of the report was about the North's rhetoric and how they did not make idle threats and, if they decided to use force, they would do so in numbers and they would win (the usual type of bluster you'd expect) but, just before the end of the report there were a few seconds where they mentioned the threats the South had been making that prompted the tirade.

There are two sides to every story and our media can be very selective in which side is reported.
johnmont

Post by johnmont »

Accountable;1422334 wrote: Is that Wendy's little brother?
johnmont

Post by johnmont »

oscar;1422314 wrote: North Korea threatens pre-emptive nuclear strike against US | World news | guardian.co.uk

Just saying :-2:-3One more time ,nobody in the history of the world has predicted the future. And don't give my that the bible did garbage .Because ,after a major event they would {discover} an ancient scroll {WINK WINK} predicting that event.:rolleyes::rolleyes::yh_rotfl
johnmont

Post by johnmont »

oscar;1422337 wrote: He was on the news tonight saying he was going to bomb the US and China over sanctions.

US urges North Korea to halt 'provocative actions' in wake of sanctions | World news | guardian.co.ukEver see what happens when a Cat attacks a pit bull?:-3

Return to “Current Political Events”