Prediction...

Betty Boop

Prediction...

Post by Betty Boop »

I don't get why people like the Daily Mail, that is just a scaremongering piece that then ends with

the vast majority of Muslims in Britain are tolerant and law-abiding

Read more: Will Britain one day be Muslim? | Mail Online

I don't read any of it in full any more, I check the end first :wah:

Reminds me of the tales of benefit scroungers and fraudsters they like to promote to their gullible readers. Labelling everyone scroungers and painting worse case scenarios and then they end the articles with a sentence like 'the vast majority of single parents/disabled/unemployed people are genuine claimants'

Sad thing is, it appears most people don't make it to the end of the articles.
Oscar Namechange

Prediction...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The Mail however much you think makes It up, can't...

Their stats tend to come from Migrationwatch, The Home Office following a census or by hospital recorded birth rates...

This Is a far more reliable source should you fancy a read however, I posted the article as It raised valid Issue's on birth rates. Hating the newspaper doesn't go cap In hand with them making It up to ' scare monger'.

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/Briefin ... cument/124

This Is not a Mail article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9634127 ... thers.html
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Betty Boop

Prediction...

Post by Betty Boop »

It's not claimed 'they make it up', they exaggerate things wildly, they pick on one agenda they wish to push and then their articles push certain members of societies buttons and the intent of the article is to rile them up to the point they stop thinking rationally. By the time such readers get to the closing sentences where the article then takes back more or less all they've said the reader is too annoyed with this appalling portrayal of the whole of society to take on board the disclaimer sentence that is always at the end, it's amusing if nothing else :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Prediction...

Betty Boop;1418126 wrote: It's not claimed 'they make it up', they exaggerate things wildly, they pick on one agenda they wish to push and then their articles push certain members of societies buttons and the intent of the article is to rile them up to the point they stop thinking rationally. By the time such readers get to the closing sentences where the article then takes back more or less all they've said the reader is too annoyed with this appalling portrayal of the whole of society to take on board the disclaimer sentence that is always at the end, it's amusing if nothing else :wah:

It's not what the Mail reports because any link to the mail Is open to discussion. It's the fact that when ever a Mail article Is linked that happens to be not the opinion you yourself hold, rather than discuss the article and debate, you attack the newspaper per say.

As It happens, I loathe the Sun Newspaper and I detested The News Of The World newspaper but I didn't attack the newspaper every time Andy used one of their pieces because to do so would be to deliberately trash his threads.

If you don't agree with what the Mail says, then debate It with some alternative sources to counter-balance the argument rather that threads go off topic becuse you happen to dislike the newspaper.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Betty Boop

Prediction...

Post by Betty Boop »

Betty Boop;1418088 wrote: I don't get why people like the Daily Mail, that is just a scaremongering piece that then ends with

There is nothing to debate, the Mail already dissolves what it initially claimed with its finishing sentence of

Oscar Namechange

Prediction...

Betty Boop;1418134 wrote: There is nothing to debate, the Mail already dissolves what it initially claimed with its finishing sentence of

You hone in on this quote yet completely Ignore the following line....

And before anyone says that there would be nothing wrong if this happened, since the vast majority of Muslims are tolerant people who would not dream of interfering with our way of life, it's necessary to point out that in Muslim countries, it's usually the radicals and extremist mullahs - who regard tolerance as a vice - who make the running.

I call that selective reading at It's worst....

He has a point...In many Muslim countries that Is true.
Betty Boop

Prediction...

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1418135 wrote: You hone in on this quote yet completely Ignore the following line....

And before anyone says that there would be nothing wrong if this happened, since the vast majority of Muslims are tolerant people who would not dream of interfering with our way of life, it's necessary to point out that in Muslim countries, it's usually the radicals and extremist mullahs - who regard tolerance as a vice - who make the running.

I call that selective reading at It's worst....

He has a point...In many Muslim countries that Is true.

Good job we're all different then, that statement above is for his own justification of what he is claiming.
Oscar Namechange

Prediction...

Betty Boop;1418136 wrote: Good job we're all different then, that statement above is for his own justification of what he is claiming. No....

You said

" the Mail already dissolves what it initially claimed with its finishing sentence"

Which was not the finishing sentence... You omitted the finishing sentence
Betty Boop

Prediction...

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1418137 wrote: No....

You said

" the Mail already dissolves what it initially claimed with its finishing sentence"

Which was not the finishing sentence... You omitted the finishing sentence

Tit for tat, the sentence I highlighted is within the concluding part of the article, 'the mail always dissolves what it initially claimed with it's concluding sentences' if you prefer. Same outcome however much you want to pick my words apart. :D
Oscar Namechange

Prediction...

Betty Boop;1418138 wrote: Tit for tat, the sentence I highlighted is within the concluding part of the article, 'the mail always dissolves what it initially claimed with it's concluding sentences' if you prefer. Same outcome however much you want to pick my words apart. :D

You took this line;

The line that Immediately followed was:

"Yes, the vast majority of Muslims in Britain are tolerant and law-abiding but this is no time for timidity. The enemy may be a minority but he is within, armed and dangerous and we have to deal with him."

You left that out.... you also left out:

"And before anyone says that there would be nothing wrong if this happened, since the vast majority of Muslims are tolerant people who would not dream of interfering with our way of life, it's necessary to point out that in Muslim countries, it's usually the radicals and extremist mullahs - who regard tolerance as a vice - who make the running."

It's not tit for tat betty...you have taken the thread off topic by initially slating the newspaper and did you not notice the article was written by an Immigrant ????????

You can not dismiss any newspaper article as ' scaremongering' and then selectively choose the lines you want to prove a point whilst In the process dismiss the parts you don't like.

Then because I have highlighted this, you say It's picking your words apart. I am not picking your words apart... you selected lines that suited you and I have merely pointed out that of which was deliberately omitted to prove your point.

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Oscar Namechange

Prediction...

Back to topic....

I agree with the Immigrant who wrote the article for the Mail In that tolerance Is often seen as a vice by radical Muslims...and come on... really ? Does anyone think that we only take peaceful Muslims and reject those such as my taxi driver? How long before the radical outweighs the tolerant?

This country fact, Is dealing with crimes we have never seen before.

'Honour killings': murder by any other name | UK news | The Guardian

BBC News - Young girls in rural Afghanistan 'sold as child brides'

Revealed: scandal of child brides | The Sunday Times

BBC News - Grooming and race - what do we know?

Muslims are at the heart of a dog-fighting epidemic in the UK

BBC News - Forced marriage parents face jail under new laws

I have deliberately avoided using a Daily Mail reference....
Bryn Mawr

Prediction...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1418082 wrote: And where does It stop Bryn ? At what stage by birthrates alone does Britain become Muslim? Sorry but those who think It will never happen are not looking far enough Into the future.

This article Is 5 years old but raises some good points.

Consider first at a few chilling statistics. Europeans are failing to reproduce. Just to keep the population steady, you need 2.1 live births per woman.

However, in 2005, the European average was 1.38. In Ireland it was 1.9, France 1.89, Germany 1.35 and Italy 1.23. Britain scored in the middle of this range with 1.6, but that was because - like France - we have a large Muslim population with a high birth rate. Indeed, Muslims are outbreeding non-Muslims throughout Europe.

"Just look at the development within Europe," said a triumphant Norwegian imam a few months ago, "where the number of Muslims is expanding like mosquitoes. Every Western woman in the EU is producing an average of 1.4 children. Every Muslim woman in the same countries is producing 3.5 children. Our way of thinking will prove more powerful than yours."

If we're taking tabloid rags as inerrant sources then you might be interested in this one :-

Polish now second most common language in England and Wales | The Sun |News

Far from "Muslims" taking over the country it appears that we need to watch out for the Poles :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Prediction...

Bryn Mawr;1418463 wrote: If we're taking tabloid rags as inerrant sources then you might be interested in this one :-

Polish now second most common language in England and Wales | The Sun |News

Far from "Muslims" taking over the country it appears that we need to watch out for the Poles :wah: I prefer something slightly more up-market than The Sun newspaper.

Interesting as you they missed out the fact that the more established languages are Punjabi and Urdu .

My concern Is that 140,000 people living in England and Wales cannot speak English, while around 726,000 had a weak grasp of the language. In all, neither English nor Welsh are the main languages for about four million residents, or 8 per cent of the population.

Polish is second most spoken language in England, as census reveals 140,000 residents cannot speak English at all - Home News - UK - The Independent

That's rather a different aspect to The Sun's view point.

Return to “Societal Issues News”