Another Feel-good Story

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Accountable

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Accountable »

It's a feel-good day.

Carson Jones didn't think he was doing anything special last August when he asked his buddies on the Queen Creek High School football team in Queen Creek, Ariz., to help watch over a special-needs sophomore who was getting picked on by other students.
Read more at: High School Football Star Protects Bullied Student with Special Needs - Heroes Among Us, Good Deeds, Real Heroes : People.com
gmc

Another Feel-good Story

Post by gmc »

It's sad that bullying is so much a party of everyday life that a story like this hits the headlines. It shouldn't be cause for comment that people protect those weaker than themselves when they can do so.
Accountable

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Accountable »

My apologies. *sheesh*
Peg

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Peg »

That IS a feel good story. Good to know there are still good people around.
Accountable

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Ahso! »

Peg;1413875 wrote: That IS a feel good story. Good to know there are still good people around.Still? Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones but I get to see decency in much. For example, look at the swell of opinion towards gay rights, where in the past it wasn't like that. Look at this last election where the majority rejected the rhetoric of anti female and anti-gay rights and leaving health care insurance unavailable any longer. While what we ended up with wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, at least in terms of rhetoric, it was way better than the alternative.

I see people offer to assist elderly and handicapped people in and out of their automobiles fairly regularly and exchange pleasantries as they pass one another on the sidewalk or in the grocery store.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Accountable »

Ahso!;1413894 wrote: Still? Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones but I get to see decency in much. For example, look at the swell of opinion towards gay rights, where in the past it wasn't like that. Look at this last election where the majority rejected the rhetoric of anti female and anti-gay rights and leaving health care insurance unavailable any longer. While what we ended up with wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, at least in terms of rhetoric, it was way better than the alternative.

I see people offer to assist elderly and handicapped people in and out of their automobiles fairly regularly and exchange pleasantries as they pass one another on the sidewalk or in the grocery store.
Yes, Yes, people get real generous when it's not their own money, and we all see adults helping out, but it's really uplifting to see a teenager buck social norms to make an extra effort to help someone when no one would fault him for doing nothing.
Ahso!

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1413896 wrote: Yes, Yes, people get real generous when it's not their own money, and we all see adults helping out, but it's really uplifting to see a teenager buck social norms to make an extra effort to help someone when no one would fault him for doing nothing.Yes it is, and like I said, I see it fairly often.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Ahso! »

Man Celebrates Homeless Woman's Birthday (VIDEO)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Another Feel-good Story

Post by Accountable »

Very nice. :yh_clap

Return to “General Chit Chat”