Who is being selfish: me or my parents?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

weelynnie;1407494 wrote: Thanks, Betty. Yes, everything is rosy. He eventually saw the error of his ways, after a year and a lot of hard work on my part, and has spent the last 18 months apologising and making it up to me. He has actually stopped using his laptop and rarely goes on the Internet except occasionally and then he uses MY laptop and he knows fine well I could find out anything he'd been up to on here.

Glad it all worked out for you. Good to see you here too, hope you stay :-6
weelynnie

Post by weelynnie »

Betty Boop;1407499 wrote: Glad it all worked out for you. Good to see you here too, hope you stay :-6

I shall!
weelynnie

Post by weelynnie »

koan;1407496 wrote: The internet can be dangerous in some ways because you can be anyone you want to be... but it's good in the way that it keeps a record of what was said. When people say something or do something in normal life it's just your word against theirs. When they say it online it's usually there for the public record.

I'm glad you worked things out. I hope it brought peace to your relationship as well as justice.

It did. I am so much happier than I have been for a long time. There is a God!
Vaishali

Post by Vaishali »

Running away is not the solution. Instead try to convince them as hard as you can. I am sure they would understand.
Micha5tr

Post by Micha5tr »

they are just being parents.
mahbub

Post by mahbub »

I usually believe you must be able to live your own life, particularly if you are able to figure for it while not their support. however, if they were still providing for you, i may perceive them feeling that you just somehow "owe" them to a small degree facilitate, currently that you just appear to get on your feet. regardless of the case, i hope you get this puzzled out. it feels like a tricky and nerve-wracking scenario.
Ronald_50

Post by Ronald_50 »

Vaishali;1434219 wrote: Running away is not the solution. Instead try to convince them as hard as you can. I am sure they would understand.

That's right. Discuss to them what matters to you.
Vera

Post by Vera »

My point is that that it is your life, you will have to live it sooner or later, no matter what they say.
Ted

Post by Ted »

As we age and mature we want to be independent and rightly so. You owe your parents love and respect but you dont owe them your body and soul. You should feel free to follow who you are and not what others think you should be. Be who you are and in the time left at home let them feel your love and respect but stand your ground as best as you can. My parents simply wanted me to be happy with my choices in life and not feel bound to them. It is a difficult situation and I can only wish you the best of luck. Be who you really are.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”