the gop

thomas40

the gop

Post by thomas40 »

do you feel the GOP canadates are the best are not so good ?
AnneBoleyn

the gop

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think none of the GOP candidates are worth serious consideration.
LarsMac

the gop

Post by LarsMac »

The Best at what, exactly?

Securing Obama's re-election?

Well, yes, I think so.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Lon

the gop

Post by Lon »

thomas40;1385692 wrote: do you feel the GOP canadates are the best are not so good ?

There is not a winner in the group.
Accountable

the gop

Post by Accountable »

It's like they said, "Hey, that Obama model was pretty popular. Let's copy that, put a different paint job, change the logo. With the right marketing it just might sell!"
K.Snyder

the gop

Post by K.Snyder »

The "gop" have steered far away from their antecedent Reagan philosophy Today's Republican Party may revere Reagan as the patron saint of low taxation. But the party of Reagan – which understood that higher taxes on the rich are sometimes required to cure ruinous deficits – is dead and gone. Instead, the modern GOP has undergone a radical transformation, reorganizing itself around a grotesque proposition: that the wealthy should grow wealthier still, whatever the consequences for the rest of us.

Modern-day Republicans have become, quite simply, the Party of the One Percent – the Party of the Rich.

How the GOP Became the Party of the Rich | Politics News | Rolling Stone

"The Republican Party has totally abdicated its job in our democracy, which is to act as the guardian of fiscal discipline and responsibility," says David Stockman, who served as budget director under Reagan. "They're on an anti-tax jihad – one that benefits the prosperous classes." Sums it up and the "gop" is simply playing to the heart of peoples ignorant of economic policy.

The fact is that Obam's plans have worked and thanks to him we're not drowning...

Oh, sorry,..there for a minute I tried to reason...
Scrat

the gop

Post by Scrat »

The GOP candidates are a joke with the possible exception of Ron Paul. I think the whole system is a wreck, even Obamas administration is failing in its duties to this country and its people.

This country has went the way of shepherds and sheep long ago.
AnneBoleyn

the gop

Post by AnneBoleyn »

This country has went the way of shepherds and sheep long ago.
Oh, I don't know, Scrat. I like that the civil rights era happened; I like that women got the vote & have done what was undreamed of only a generation ago. I'm amazed at gay acceptance coming so quickly. I like all that stuff. Oftimes, when white people sigh about the good old days, they forget that while there was plenty for them, many lived in distressing conditions. The good old days weren't so good for everyone.
LarsMac

the gop

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1385805 wrote: Oh, I don't know, Scrat. I like that the civil rights era happened; I like that women got the vote & have done what was undreamed of only a generation ago. I'm amazed at gay acceptance coming so quickly. I like all that stuff. Oftimes, when white people sigh about the good old days, they forget that while there was plenty for them, many lived in distressing conditions. The good old days weren't so good for everyone.

Too true.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Scrat

the gop

Post by Scrat »

What have we done lately? Suffrage means nothing if people don't vote, men or women, black, purple or white. Gay acceptance? That's just a panacea, it's there to justify paychecks so politicians can look busy while doing nothing. Give me a break ladies.

How about creating more jobs?

Return to “Current Events”