Punishments should be carried out through medical means!

joona

Post by joona »

In many countries the prisons are overpopulated and the imprisonment doesn't help criminals to leave their wicked ways behind, as gangs are formed in the prison environment.

Penalty based on monetary compensation is completely unjust since it affects the poor people harder than it does the rich, meaning that if you are a rich person, you can essentially pay your way through crime, which is unacceptable!

Therefore I propose a whole new concept of punishment, which makes people feel the whole thing equally, replacing monetary compensation and imprisonment. The type of penalty I'm proposing is, to put it simply, a punishment carried out through the means of medical technology, performed by skilled medical technicians. This doesn't include doctors and nurses since they are better utilised in taking care of the innocent patients.

Since each of us are different and have our own pain threshold, we need to have different degrees of pain induction, so there can be an equal feeling of the pain. Punishments need to be equal, and this is a great way to do it!

The degree of pain will be measured through the use of electrodes placed on the head of the offender. These pain measurements will then be converted into some kind of pain scales (I don't know what the scale should be though).

Let's say someone steals something. The sentence given to the offender will make it clear how much his crime will cause him/her pain and for how long. The sentence given by the court might sound something like this: "The offender is hereby sentenced to the penalty at the scale of 7 out of 20 for no less and for no more than 27 seconds."

To avoid any kind of permanent damage and/or visible sores, this could be done through the use of a "painful injection", which should be sort of similiar to lethal injection, except that in this case its non-lethal and there are NO anaesthetics used. The drug used for this purpose must be harmless to the offender's body, but it should be able to cause pain that increases at the same time as the concentration of the painful drug increases.

Since we all experience pain differently due to anxiety and our different pain thresholds, the part of the brain that causes feelings of anxiety (Amygdala), shall be measured as well. Anxiety could be considered a form of discomfort as well, so that should be included in the calculations. The concentration of this drug will be calculated on the basis of activity in the brain centers that are responsible for anxiety and pain!

This form of penalty will be carried out in a special room that must be included in every police station, so people can go there to receive their pain instead of paying their fine.

We need to implement something like this, and soon! Any government that refuses to introduce Equality Of Punishment should be overthrown! Are you with me?!!! :guitarist
tabby

Post by tabby »

Dr. Mengele ... is it you? :-3
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

joona;1382641 wrote: In many countries the prisons are overpopulated and the imprisonment doesn't help criminals to leave their wicked ways behind, as gangs are formed in the prison environment.

Penalty based on monetary compensation is completely unjust since it affects the poor people harder than it does the rich, meaning that if you are a rich person, you can essentially pay your way through crime, which is unacceptable!

Therefore I propose a whole new concept of punishment, which makes people feel the whole thing equally, replacing monetary compensation and imprisonment. The type of penalty I'm proposing is, to put it simply, a punishment carried out through the means of medical technology, performed by skilled medical technicians. This doesn't include doctors and nurses since they are better utilised in taking care of the innocent patients.

Since each of us are different and have our own pain threshold, we need to have different degrees of pain induction, so there can be an equal feeling of the pain. Punishments need to be equal, and this is a great way to do it!

The degree of pain will be measured through the use of electrodes placed on the head of the offender. These pain measurements will then be converted into some kind of pain scales (I don't know what the scale should be though).

Let's say someone steals something. The sentence given to the offender will make it clear how much his crime will cause him/her pain and for how long. The sentence given by the court might sound something like this: "The offender is hereby sentenced to the penalty at the scale of 7 out of 20 for no less and for no more than 27 seconds."

To avoid any kind of permanent damage and/or visible sores, this could be done through the use of a "painful injection", which should be sort of similiar to lethal injection, except that in this case its non-lethal and there are NO anaesthetics used. The drug used for this purpose must be harmless to the offender's body, but it should be able to cause pain that increases at the same time as the concentration of the painful drug increases.

Since we all experience pain differently due to anxiety and our different pain thresholds, the part of the brain that causes feelings of anxiety (Amygdala), shall be measured as well. Anxiety could be considered a form of discomfort as well, so that should be included in the calculations. The concentration of this drug will be calculated on the basis of activity in the brain centers that are responsible for anxiety and pain!

This form of penalty will be carried out in a special room that must be included in every police station, so people can go there to receive their pain instead of paying their fine.

We need to implement something like this, and soon! Any government that refuses to introduce Equality Of Punishment should be overthrown! Are you with me?!!! :guitarist
That all sounds lovely...

How do we go about apologizing to people we've wrongfully convicted? Are they then permitted to implement this pain sentence on to the person that created this piece of legislation due to an indistinguishable definition of unjust torture? This would of course define the creator as a criminal, I doubt anyone has the guts to go through with that, it's far easier to throw them in prison.

Less of a mess that way and not many raise a big stink about it until funds are tight.

No,..I'd much prefer a bullet to the head please...

On a side not I was thinking of a similar calculation we could experiment with in football but I've yet to sit down and complete the equations.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Rearrange to make a coherent sentence.......

On a side not I was thinking of a similar calculation we could experiment with in football but I've yet to sit down and complete the equations.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Only read about a third of that gobbledegook rubbish...............before I felt my life force draining from my body and saved my own life by diverting my eyes from the screen.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1382656 wrote: Only read about a third of that gobbledegook rubbish...............before I felt my life force draining from my body and saved my own life by diverting my eyes from the screen.

I Interpret as.... If you break the law, you go to the Nick and they Inflict pain on you.... A little like Brighton and Hove Albion on a bad Saturday. ( The Football reference).

So If I get caught with no seatbelt again Joona, does this mean that Instead of a fixed penalty fine, the Desk Seargent will put me over his knee and spank my bottom?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Now we know why you drive 'unhindered'..................you rascal
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1382659 wrote: Now we know why you drive 'unhindered'..................you rascal I know... I just get the devil In me some days...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

The only thing I can wrap my mind around even close to this is something like public caning. I think this would go a long ways towards punishment for petty crime. Other things like drunk driving can be punished more harshly, how? It's up for debate but I would go for some type of implant that monitored the individual. Screw up, you get a beating or locked up.

It's a tough subject.
Oscar Namechange

Scrat;1382661 wrote: The only thing I can wrap my mind around even close to this is something like public caning. I think this would go a long ways towards punishment for petty crime. Other things like drunk driving can be punished more harshly, how? It's up for debate but I would go for some type of implant that monitored the individual. Screw up, you get a beating or locked up.

It's a tough subject.
I'd agree to It providing that when any police officer Is caught out lying under oath or perverting the course of Justice, we get to punch them In the face... That's a fair system.

By the way.... early next week.... looking forward to It.... Make sure you're clothed LOL
Lon

Post by Lon »

Inflicting varying degree of pain on prisoners???? You must be kidding. It would never work or even be allowed. It would be considered "Cruel & Unusual Punishment" like taking away their TV's.

:wah:
joona

Post by joona »

Lon;1382666 wrote: Inflicting varying degree of pain on prisoners???? You must be kidding. It would never work or even be allowed. It would be considered "Cruel & Unusual Punishment" like taking away their TV's.

:wah:

They are NOT prisoners, just offenders. My system will replace the prison system.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

I believe that Joona is the Finnish form for the Hebrew name Jonah.

So I guess you are either trolling or you are still so pissed off at being swallowed by that whale that you want to inflict pain. Earthlings like you are generally referred to as sadists.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1382655 wrote: Rearrange to make a coherent sentence.......I don't understand what you're saying

Is this a question or an incomplete answer to your own rhetorical question?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Is anyone else having trouble relating "medical means" with "we need to have different degrees of pain induction"?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Bruv;1382655 wrote: Rearrange to make a coherent sentence.......

It was a request or test to rearrange the words in brackets to see if anyone could make sense out of them.

To be fair, I have spent hours running the phrase through my mind and have found adding an E to the end of the fourth word makes it readable.

So read not as note, the addition of a comma after that E would improve the flow, but that would be nit picking, plus 'with in' could be altered to read 'within'

'We' might be better changed to 'They' as in "they could experiment within football"

But don't mind me........I have far too much time on my hands.

And you Did ask.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

K.Snyder;1382708 wrote: Is anyone else having trouble relating "medical means" with "we need to have different degrees of pain induction"?

Me, me, me sir!!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1382709 wrote: It was a request or test to rearrange the words in brackets to see if anyone could make sense out of them.

To be fair, I have spent hours running the phrase through my mind and have found adding an E to the end of the fourth word makes it readable.

So read not as note, the addition of a comma after that E would improve the flow, but that would be nit picking, plus 'with in' could be altered to read 'within'

'We' might be better changed to 'They' as in "they could experiment within football"

But don't mind me........I have far too much time on my hands.

And you Did ask.Yes I'd asked Bruv and I'm only left to wonder that if you could have run that seemingly simple process through your mind first you'd have managed to waste less time, but as I've seen in prior instances in your posts you do like to nit pick and then run away claiming foul. Or is that not obvious to you?

"It was a request or test to rearrange the words in brackets to see if anyone could make sense out of them" -- Congrats. You won the prize of figuring out the sentence and you'd achieved that all by yourself. Good job
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I don't think I am particularly a nit picker in general, just that I have a fixation with your phraseology.

To be fair, it is normally down to the writer to proof read their post before clicking it into the ether.

Omitting a crucial letter is not my fault, and I could 'run that seemingly simple process' and added other letters willy nilly and got whatever I liked from 'Your' post, but that would have been my post, and that's not what this is all about.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

joona;1382641 wrote: Let's say someone steals something. The sentence given to the offender will make it clear how much his crime will cause him/her pain and for how long. The sentence given by the court might sound something like this: "The offender is hereby sentenced to the penalty at the scale of 7 out of 20 for no less and for no more than 27 seconds."No rehab?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1382713 wrote: I don't think I am particularly a nit picker in general, just that I have a fixation with your phraseology.

To be fair, it is normally down to the writer to proof read their post before clicking it into the ether.

Omitting a crucial letter is not my fault, and I could 'run that seemingly simple process' and added other letters willy nilly and got whatever I liked from 'Your' post, but that would have been my post, and that's not what this is all about.

Jeeze ... I so hate agreeing with what you say but in this case I have to. Kevin says so much that at the end means so little. I so wish he would first send me his posts for correction before he puts then up!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Accountable;1382715 wrote: No rehab?
Doesn't appear so, or "The stocks" for public humiliation Joona is into physical pain not mental pain, Joona is a simple soul.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

*Public apology for Kevin*
It would appear that Jones jones agrees with me, I take it ALL back.

Forgive me.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I'd agree to It providing that when any police officer Is caught out lying under oath or perverting the course of Justice, we get to punch them In the face... That's a fair system.

By the way.... early next week.... looking forward to It.... Make sure you're clothed LOL

I think a brand or tattoo on the cheek for some crimes would go a long ways towards results. Example, big problem we have now is if a burglar gets caught he might go to jail for awhile but when he gets out he can hide away in the herd, no one around the individual will know of his crime. A tattoo/brand of some type would place a spotlight on the person. It's social pressure as punishment and no doubt extremely painful in ways.

Any thoughts on going this way?

Oscar, my video doesn't work. This 10 year old pile of electronic bubble gum and bailing wire has about seen its last days. I still have a 20 gig hard drive.:yh_rotfl
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Scrat;1382737 wrote:

Any thoughts on going this way?

How about a Star of David for Jews ?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

No need to change anything except to scrap the parole system. If you do the crime then you do the time. In other words if you are sentenced to six months or sixty years you serve your sentence full time.
joona

Post by joona »

jones jones;1382750 wrote: No need to change anything except to scrap the parole system. If you do the crime then you do the time. In other words if you are sentenced to six months or sixty years you serve your sentence full time.

Let's say two different people commit the same crime. Under our barbaric and unequal prison system they would both get say, 20 years in prison.

But in reality, they might experience the pain of incarceration differently. Therefore the prison system is NOT EQUAL!

In my system, the prisons are abolished and replaced with pain inductions that are scientifically moulded to fit the person. Therefore if one of the two persons who committed the same crime has (for instance) a higher pain threshold, he/she will receive more pain to make the punishments equal.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

joona;1382759 wrote: Let's say two different people commit the same crime. Under our barbaric and unequal prison system they would both get say, 20 years in prison.

But in reality, they might experience the pain of incarceration differently. Therefore the prison system is NOT EQUAL!

In my system, the prisons are abolished and replaced with pain inductions that are scientifically moulded to fit the person. Therefore if one of the two persons who committed the same crime has (for instance) a higher pain threshold, he/she will receive more pain to make the punishments equal.

You are sick man. Go see a shrink!
joona

Post by joona »

jones jones;1382761 wrote: You are sick man. Go see a shrink!

Typical narrow-minded reaction. Anyone whose thinking doesn't fit the barbaric paradigm of mass consciousness is "crazy" or "sick" or "needs a shrink". :yh_ttth:yh_rotfl

Your unwillingness to embrace my infinite wisdom is disturbing to say the least! Maybe you are the one who needs a shrink...?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

joona;1382771 wrote: Typical narrow-minded reaction. Anyone whose thinking doesn't fit the barbaric paradigm of mass consciousness is "crazy" or "sick" or "needs a shrink". :yh_ttth:yh_rotfl

Your unwillingness to embrace my infinite wisdom is disturbing to say the least! Maybe you are the one who needs a shrink...?

No **** Einstein .. I have been seeing a shrink since God knows when! Even so, I am not as crazy as you are!!
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1382713 wrote: I don't think I am particularly a nit picker in general, just that I have a fixation with your phraseology.

You'd said "rearrange" not "edit" and your use of the the word "phraseology" suggests you have a problem with me as opposed to my post in this thread. If it was my "phraseology" you have a fixation with then why attempt to pass off a lesson in grammar and not have an ounce of suggesting I "rearrange" my sentence.

You're hobby horse is a resentment toward me and I would have thought the honorable thing to do is to approach me with your concerns like real men do and not nit pick in the background taking the piss and scurrying off like you were some clever dick.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

A match made in heaven.......joona and JJ
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jones jones;1382717 wrote: Jeeze ... I so hate agreeing with what you say but in this case I have to. Kevin says so much that at the end means so little. I so wish he would first send me his posts for correction before he puts then up!

Really?

I do use spell check, I must say, in my defense.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

K.Snyder;1382782 wrote: You'd said "rearrange" not "edit" and your use of the the word "phraseology" suggests you have a problem with me as opposed to my post in this thread. If it was my "phraseology" you have a fixation with then why attempt to pass off a lesson in grammar and not have an ounce of suggesting I "rearrange" my sentence.

You're hobby horse is a resentment toward me and I would have thought the honorable thing to do is to approach me with your concerns like real men do and not nit pick in the background taking the piss and scurrying off like you were some clever dick.

Well said Kevin!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

K.Snyder;1382785 wrote: Really?

I do use spell check, I must say, in my defense.

Noooooooooooo ... it's not like spellcheck brother. It's like this ... read thru what you wanna post and immediately delete evrything you believe is like "clever"? Only keep in what sounds to you like every day stuff & that means we will all know what ya saying!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1382784 wrote: A match made in heaven.......joona and JJ

Explain yourself please.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

K.Snyder;1382782 wrote: You'd said "rearrange" not "edit" and your use of the the word "phraseology" suggests you have a problem with me as opposed to my post in this thread. If it was my "phraseology" you have a fixation with then why attempt to pass off a lesson in grammar and not have an ounce of suggesting I "rearrange" my sentence.

You are such a sensitive soul Kevin.

I don't intend offence, my post was meant to be light hearted, teasing, meant to amuse.

You do have a peculiar way of phrasing your words, I am not the first or only one to note(with an E) that.

The sentence was strangely put together and missing an E, I didn't study it longer than a few moments before rattling off a smart ass response.

If it offended you to the extent that you think I 'resent' or 'have a problem' with you personally then I am sorry.

Feel free to rib me about my grammar anytime, I promise not to sulk too much.

(Proof read and edited)
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1382789 wrote: Explain yourself please.

Two nutters.....
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1382793 wrote: You are such a sensitive soul Kevin.

I don't intend offence, my post was meant to be light hearted, teasing, meant to amuse.

You do have a peculiar way of phrasing your words, I am not the first or only one to note(with an E) that.

The sentence was strangely put together and missing an E, I didn't study it longer than a few moments before rattling off a smart ass response.

If it offended you to the extent that you think I 'resent' or 'have a problem' with you personally then I am sorry.

Feel free to rib me about my grammar anytime, I promise not to sulk too much.

(Proof read and edited)I generally proof read and leaving off the "e" is as much editing as I can do for you Bruv. Leaving out the commas is as generous as I can be atm.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jones jones;1382788 wrote: Noooooooooooo ... it's not like spellcheck brother. It's like this ... read thru what you wanna post and immediately delete evrything you believe is like "clever"? Only keep in what sounds to you like every day stuff & that means we will all know what ya saying! With all due respect jones, given...jones jones;1382717 wrote: I so wish he would first send me his posts for correction before he puts then up! this...

I'll pass...

Say, have you figured out my "A question to free your mind"? yet?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Bruv;1382794 wrote: Two nutters.....

Citizen Bruv ... You so remind me of the inhabitants of a small village in Italy during World War Two. When the American forces drove thru the village they hoisted the Stars & Stripes and when the Germans entered the village they raised the Swatika! Take a stand man and if you are accused of being biased in a certain direction then for God's sake stand up for what you believe in!

Stop ducking and diving!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

K.Snyder;1382798 wrote: With all due respect jones, given... this...

I'll pass...

Say, have you figured out my "A question to free your mind"? yet?

I must confess ... hey and this is a beeeg thing for The Chosen to say, I am stumped. Puleeeeeeeze put me out my misery & supply the answer!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1382800 wrote: Citizen Bruv ... You so remind me of the inhabitants of a small village in Italy during World War Two. When the American forces drove thru the village they hoisted the Stars & Stripes and when the Germans entered the village they raised the Swatika! Take a stand man and if you are accused of being biased in a certain direction then for God's sake stand up for what you believe in!

Stop ducking and diving!

I have graduated to 'Citizen' is that better than 'Earthling' ?

Where is the ducking and diving.... mucker ?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

jones jones;1382804 wrote: I must confess ... hey and this is a beeeg thing for The Chosen to say, I am stumped. Puleeeeeeeze put me out my misery & supply the answer!

I was hoping you'd have the answer
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Ok, asides from thinking is just totally nuts, how the hell do you determine who has a low pain threshold and who has a high one? Is a test shot of pain going to be delivered to determine how much pain needs to be applied before I yell? :-3
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Betty Boop;1382862 wrote: Ok, asides from thinking is just totally nuts, how the hell do you determine who has a low pain threshold and who has a high one? Is a test shot of pain going to be delivered to determine how much pain needs to be applied before I yell? :-3Judging by joona;1382641 wrote: ...These pain measurements will then be converted into some kind of pain scales (I don't know what the scale should be though)... with "some kind of pain scales" being as much meditation as joona has had on the idea I think it's safe to say everyone should avoid appointing joona as head of any state at all costs.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

OP has been an FG member for 3.5 years.During that time, the OP has made a total of only 54 posts (at the time of this post), yet as soon as I saw the name, I knew the thread would be a whacked out bit of trollery.

I wasn't wrong.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I read a sci-fi story where criminals were just brain-wiped, then given a different personality and memories. They could instantly join society again as a productive person. (Their families were pretty screwed, though.)

Return to “Societal Issues News”