Greetings!

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
Squid

Greetings!

Post by Squid »

Hiya.

A brand new member trying to make a presentation.

I have been looking for a "English" forum for some time, both to practice my written English since is not my first language, but also since I've felt that I've "outgrown" my current hangouts.

I'm highly addicted to " and will occasionally put extra brackets within my brackets (Doesn't everybody, I mean why put full stops in when you can write sentences that reach for miles (Not that I usually write very long sentences) ). ;)

I love molluscs and especially bivalves and cephalopods. I'm currently doing my bachelors and is aiming for at least a masters.

I own two cats (or rather, they own me.) Lilith who is 12 and Tippen 9. I have an aquarium with a few species of freshwater-snails and a few Endler-guppys.

I like growing stuff but lives in an apartment without balcony so I grow chillis in the window instead:)

And I'll probably add things to this thread as I think of them.
Snooz

Greetings!

Post by Snooz »

I love mussels and I plan on having some in garlic butter for Christmas. ;)

Welcome to FG.
Bryn Mawr

Greetings!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Squid;1379280 wrote: Hiya.

A brand new member trying to make a presentation.

I have been looking for a "English" forum for some time, both to practice my written English since is not my first language, but also since I've felt that I've "outgrown" my current hangouts.

I'm highly addicted to " and will occasionally put extra brackets within my brackets (Doesn't everybody, I mean why put full stops in when you can write sentences that reach for miles (Not that I usually write very long sentences) ). ;)

I love molluscs and especially bivalves and cephalopods. I'm currently doing my bachelors and is aiming for at least a masters.

I own two cats (or rather, they own me.) Lilith who is 12 and Tippen 9. I have an aquarium with a few species of freshwater-snails and a few Endler-guppys.

I like growing stuff but lives in an apartment without balcony so I grow chillis in the window instead:)

And I'll probably add things to this thread as I think of them.

Hello and welcome to the Garden :-6

For a "non-English speaker" your English is excellent but why Squid?

Does the juxtaposition of shellfish and your degree imply that they're linked or is it coincidental? Do you expect posters to use simple English to help you :wah:

Enjoy :-)
jones jones

Greetings!

Post by jones jones »

Welcome to Forum Garden.

I love fried calamari!

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Squid

Greetings!

Post by Squid »

Well, Squid is a mollusc and simple to remember:)

The fondness of molluscs and the degree is of course linked, I'm aiming to be a malacologist when I grow up :D

Btw, I am also a fan of cooked shellfish :yh_drool
spot

Greetings!

Post by spot »

Squid;1379280 wrote: I like growing stuff but lives in an apartment without balconyLive, not lives. I live, you live, he she or it lives. Other than that your English is commendable. I hope the other posters don't lead you into bad habits.

Welcome to ForumGarden.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Greetings!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Squid;1379298 wrote: Well, Squid is a mollusc and simple to remember:)

The fondness of molluscs and the degree is of course linked, I'm aiming to be a malacologist when I grow up :D

Btw, I am also a fan of cooked shellfish :yh_drool

You know, I'd always thought of a squid as a cephalopod and never realised the they were a sub-class of the molluscs
cjmobxnc

Greetings!

Post by cjmobxnc »

Hi! My mom and I are owned by our cat who is 14 human years old, I have no idea how many kitty years that is, but I'm sure it's old. He has a hyperactive thyroid and we have to give him a pill 2x daily. Talk about fun..... not!
Gentle Brother

Greetings!

Post by Gentle Brother »

Hello Squid from Sweden! A belated 'welcome to the forum'.
Gentle Brother

Greetings!

Post by Gentle Brother »

Cjmobxnc: 14? That's 98 in cat years!
chonsigirl

Greetings!

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi there! :)
cjmobxnc

Greetings!

Post by cjmobxnc »

Gentle Brother;1381095 wrote: Cjmobxnc: 14? That's 98 in cat years!

Gentle Brother - thanks for the info. He seems to be doing better now - just likes to hide when it's time to take his pill.
Betty Boop

Greetings!

Post by Betty Boop »

cjmobxnc;1381768 wrote: Gentle Brother - thanks for the info. He seems to be doing better now - just likes to hide when it's time to take his pill.

Here's the method for you How to Give A Cat A Pill, Humor :wah: Welcome to FG.

Return to “Introductions”