The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

I am not sure as to how many active or semi-active gamers are FG members but, anyone take a look at/play / or have any thoughts on the latest Elder Scrolls to come out
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I'm a gamer. :) It started out with Snap! as a kid, and now I need my fix of Empire: Total War or I invade France. One day they'll notice...;)

However, given the appalling prices on these games when new, I now try to stay a year or so behind the curve. Ie, when they've worked out the bugs, released the Game of the Year edition with all the extra bits, and it costs about half the release price. So I'm still mucking around with Oblivion, and won't even look at Skyrim 'til for some time. Currently I'm waiting for Mass Effect 2 to drop a bit further in price after they bring out ME3 next year.

I also run a Fed Commander campaign for friends and play in a Traveller one, if that means anything to you...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Adstar

Post by Adstar »

I got skyrim. I have a level 37 Kajiit leveling up in Stealth and Archery. I played Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim, i have also played Fallout 3 and addon campaigns plus Fallout New Vegas. Skyrim is bigger than Oblivion geographically and a better game allround. I think Skyrim is a better game than Oblivion. I would recommend it to anyone. Early levels are more challenging but it gets a lot easier. I suggest upping the difficulty settings as you progress in the game.

So if you liked the other games i have mentioned you will definitely like Skyrim.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Adstar;1376382 wrote: I got skyrim. I have a level 37 Kajiit leveling up in Stealth and Archery. I played Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim, i have also played Fallout 3 and addon campaigns plus Fallout New Vegas. Skyrim is bigger than Oblivion geographically and a better game allround. I think Skyrim is a better game than Oblivion. I would recommend it to anyone. Early levels are more challenging but it gets a lot easier. I suggest upping the difficulty settings as you progress in the game.

So if you liked the other games i have mentioned you will definitely like Skyrim.

I've been a gamer since the daysof the Atari 2600 and I've owned almost every system. I remember playing "Adventure" which was supposedly the original RPG, although there was a better one out for the Atari 2600 Supercharger called "Dragonstomper" or something like that where you really had to level up!

I not only beat 'Oblivion" but I beat it completely. I completed every quest for the main story line, the mage quests, the fighter''s guild the assassin's guild, the thieves guild, and both the DLCs, Knights of the Nine and The Shimmering Isles. I usually like to print out a FAQ / Walkthrough from GameFAQs and make my own three ring binder with maps, art and the guide itself. It's cheaper than buying a book and better too IMO.

This one by Papagamer is the best: GameFAQs: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X360) FAQ/Walkthrough by PapaGamer

Don't give me any flak about "cheating" either. I work four jobs from 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Friday, and I take care of a crippled girl, and keep my household running on my other days, so when I get some game time, usually about 10pm to 2 am, I don't have time to flail about. I just like to quietly and carefully enjoy the entire program.

My wife is even better than I am...she filled in the WHOLE MAP!

Looking at those two screen shots...I feel in awe of how far gaming has come and I'm very proud to have been there every step of the way!

I can't wait to get Skyrim, but I'm thinking it'll have to be a Christmas present... (hint hint!)
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I've been a gamer since the daysof the Atari 2600 and I've owned almost every system.

It was Elite on the BBC Acorn that got me hooked on pc games. Amazing how pretty and convincing they look these days!

I have no issues with how you play the games - they are there to be enjoyed, so enjoy them the way you like, imo. I certainly go online to look for solutions if I feel like it.

i have also played Fallout 3 and addon campaigns plus Fallout New Vegas

Me too - except not New Vegas. Probably going to be my next buy.

Chuckle. Haven't played it for ages, but Baldur's Gate was one of my all time favourites: "Butt kicking for Goodness!"

Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Clodhopper;1376429 wrote:

Me too - except not New Vegas. Probably going to be my next buy.

I loved it, although it was really just Fallout 3.5.

You really need to buy Red Dead Redemption next. Game of the Year 2010!
Adstar

Post by Adstar »

Saint_;1376418 wrote: I've been a gamer since the daysof the Atari 2600 and I've owned almost every system. I remember playing "Adventure" which was supposedly the original RPG, although there was a better one out for the Atari 2600 Supercharger called "Dragonstomper" or something like that where you really had to level up!

I not only beat 'Oblivion" but I beat it completely. I completed every quest for the main story line, the mage quests, the fighter''s guild the assassin's guild, the thieves guild, and both the DLCs, Knights of the Nine and The Shimmering Isles. I usually like to print out a FAQ / Walkthrough from GameFAQs and make my own three ring binder with maps, art and the guide itself. It's cheaper than buying a book and better too IMO.

This one by Papagamer is the best: GameFAQs: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X360) FAQ/Walkthrough by PapaGamer

Don't give me any flak about "cheating" either. I work four jobs from 8 am to 8 pm Monday through Friday, and I take care of a crippled girl, and keep my household running on my other days, so when I get some game time, usually about 10pm to 2 am, I don't have time to flail about. I just like to quietly and carefully enjoy the entire program.

My wife is even better than I am...she filled in the WHOLE MAP!

Looking at those two screen shots...I feel in awe of how far gaming has come and I'm very proud to have been there every step of the way!

I can't wait to get Skyrim, but I'm thinking it'll have to be a Christmas present... (hint hint!)

My nephew is getting it for christmas he keeps on finding excuses to come visit me to watch me play skyrim :)

Can’t remember what the first RPG was that i played. I remember the first FPS i played was the original wolfinstien. And i remember playing civilization when it came out on a few floppy discs back in the old Dos days before windows.

With The Elder scrolls games i usually go for ranged stealth chars do the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood sets you up with the gear to exploit your chars abilities to the full.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Adstar;1376515 wrote:

Can’t remember what the first RPG was that i played. I remember the first FPS i played was the original wolfinstien. And i remember playing civilization when it came out on a few floppy discs back in the old Dos days before windows.

There's no gamer like an old gamer! Kids these days are jaded...they don't realize how spectacular their games are!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

There's no gamer like an old gamer! Kids these days are jaded...they don't realize how spectacular their games are!

Chuckle. Oh yes! The old Elite I played was green wire frame shapes on a plain screen. Pcs didn't even have the crunch power to generate solid shapes.

Just picked up Mass Effect 2 for £5. Steam were having a sale...Didn't go for the Deluxe version with extra gun. Why make the game easier? See you later. :)

Return to “Video Games”