Special Request

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Given that we have just moved the forum to a new server could I please ask that you all act as testers for the new system?

Throw a report of any problems you find that did not exist last week into this thread and they might even get looked into :-)
Betty Boop

Special Request

Post by Betty Boop »

I'm getting the occasional blank screen thrown at me for some reason, first, second and third times it occurred was on my 'first day at uni' thread but it's just happened again on odies room. Seems to be older multiple page threads for some reason.
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1363163 wrote: I'm getting the occasional blank screen thrown at me for some reason, first, second and third times it occurred was on my 'first day at uni' thread but it's just happened again on odies room. Seems to be older multiple page threads for some reason.

OK, I'll see if I can reproduce it - thanks.
YZGI

Special Request

Post by YZGI »

It seems kind of cold, foggy, cloudy and rainy. Like we have been tranformed onto an island or something. Maybe it's just me. I think I'll go have a spot of tea.. Ta Ta..
Clodhopper

Special Request

Post by Clodhopper »

Not noticed any problems.

YZGI: chuckle.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
flopstock

Special Request

Post by flopstock »

Betty Boop;1363163 wrote: I'm getting the occasional blank screen thrown at me for some reason, first, second and third times it occurred was on my 'first day at uni' thread but it's just happened again on odies room. Seems to be older multiple page threads for some reason.

I'm getting it on recent threads I click to readand after I post a reply. As soon as I reload the page, it appears.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Betty Boop

Special Request

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;1363479 wrote: I'm getting it on recent threads I click to readand after I post a reply. As soon as I reload the page, it appears.

I'm also still getting it, and on more recent threads too.
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I've had it a few times, mostly when I'm trying to post, and it's a pain in the proverbials.

Given how intermittent it is it's going to be difficult to track down.
heyimFriagne

Special Request

Post by heyimFriagne »

free DDR sessions everyday:)
Kathy Ellen

Special Request

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hey Bryn,

I'm a member of another site that has a notification system. This system lets you know immediately if another member has responded to your post, and also if they 'liked' your post. It's really a nice function. Anyway of getting that function here in FG?
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

good afternoon Bryn:-6

I'm on roughly 4 or 5 forums each day pending on my time, one which at the end of any post there is a 'thank you' button, so when you click on it, yourself and others see that you have thanked that person.

just wondering if you could set up ours like that as it really gives members an appreciation or just thanking them for anything...

thanks

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kathy Ellen;1365191 wrote: Hey Bryn,

I'm a member of another site that has a notification system. This system lets you know immediately if another member has responded to your post, and also if they 'liked' your post. It's really a nice function. Anyway of getting that function here in FG?

If the other site is running vBulletin then presumably it is available and it sounds like a useful addition to being notified that someone has responded to a thread you've posted in - I'll investigate.

As to having a like / dislike function, the Garden does have some form of rating system for posts / threads as well as a form of member reputation system. I believe that they were turned off due to misuse but, again, I'll investigate.
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Odie;1365205 wrote: good afternoon Bryn:-6

I'm on roughly 4 or 5 forums each day pending on my time, one which at the end of any post there is a 'thank you' button, so when you click on it, yourself and others see that you have thanked that person.

just wondering if you could set up ours like that as it really gives members an appreciation or just thanking them for anything...

thanks

That's a new one on me - but then I've not visited many other forums. I'll look around and see what's available.
Kathy Ellen

Special Request

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bryn Mawr;1365216 wrote: If the other site is running vBulletin then presumably it is available and it sounds like a useful addition to being notified that someone has responded to a thread you've posted in - I'll investigate.

As to having a like / dislike function, the Garden does have some form of rating system for posts / threads as well as a form of member reputation system. I believe that they were turned off due to misuse but, again, I'll investigate.

Thanks Bryn,

I'm not crazy about rating posts. This is just a little notification that you receive...such as ....Kathy Ellen quoted or liked your post. It's just nice to see. Yes, it's a V5 board, software by IP.Board 3.2.1
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1365217 wrote: That's a new one on me - but then I've not visited many other forums. I'll look around and see what's available.

really? I will send you an email and you can gladly look at the forum.

thanks again!
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kathy Ellen;1365227 wrote: Thanks Bryn,

I'm not crazy about rating posts. This is just a little notification that you receive...such as ....Kathy Ellen quoted or liked your post. It's just nice to see. Yes, it's a V5 board, software by IP.Board 3.2.1

Sadly that's running on software written by InVision Power rather than vBulletin. I'll look to see if there is an equivalent to run in the Garden.
Kathy Ellen

Special Request

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bryn Mawr;1365229 wrote: Sadly that's running on software written by InVision Power rather than vBulletin. I'll look to see if there is an equivalent to run in the Garden.

Thanks so much Bryn...It's just a thought. I appreciate you're looking into it.
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

also Bryn, when the board had changed into the huge mega-structure, I can no longer see what the smileys icons read after you click 'more'

can you please make them readable again without having to scroll over each one?

thanks again!:-6
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Odie;1365237 wrote: also Bryn, when the board had changed into the huge mega-structure, I can no longer see what the smileys icons read after you click 'more'

can you please make them readable again without having to scroll over each one?

thanks again!:-6

So, when you've clicked on more and the separate window has appeared containing all of the smilies, what does it look like?

For me, it has row after row of smilies each of which has a green label underneath with the name of the smilie in black. Is that what you see and, if so, what would you want changing?
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1365250 wrote: So, when you've clicked on more and the separate window has appeared containing all of the smilies, what does it look like?

For me, it has row after row of smilies each of which has a green label underneath with the name of the smilie in black. Is that what you see and, if so, what would you want changing?

:yh_sungla

this is how one looks like........under it says the title.......but you then have to click on the link as you cannot 'see' it...and when you click on the link it is black, like yours....but it takes forever.
fuzzywuzzy

Special Request

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

ummm looks around .....nope all's good here.
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1365275 wrote: ummm looks around .....nope all's good here.

More than a quarter of sexual assault victims were aged 10 to 14 years

During 2010 there were 17,757 victims of sexual assault recorded by police, 25% of these victims aged 10 to 14 years, according to figures released today by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).

The majority of all sexual assault victims were female (85%). Females were also more likely to be victims of kidnapping/abduction than males (58%). Males were more likely to be victims of homicide & related offences than females (62%). This was also the case for robbery (65%) and blackmail/extortion (65%). Female victims of sexual assault aged 15–19 had the highest victimisation rate of any age group, at a rate more than seven times the overall rate for sexual assault.

Of the selected personal offences, weapons were mainly used in the commission of murders, attempted murders, and robberies. A knife was the most commonly used weapon in committing these offences: 33% of murder victims, 28% of attempted murder victims, and 18% of robbery victims were subjected to an offence involving a knife.

Most instances of murder, attempted murder and sexual assault took place in private dwellings (murder 59%; attempted murder 57%; sexual assault 60%). Community locations were the most common venue for kidnapping/abduction (55%) and robbery (59%).

Males aged 15–19 had the highest victimization rate for robbery, more than five times the overall victimization rate for robbery (56 victims per 100,000). Among females the victimization rate for robbery was highest for those aged 15–19 and 20–24.

More information on recorded crimes in Australia, can be found in Recorded Crime - Victims, Australia (cat. no. 4510.0)
Betty Boop

Special Request

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1365277 wrote: More than a quarter of sexual assault victims were aged 10 to 14 years

During 2010 there were 17,757 victims of sexual assault recorded by police, 25% of these victims aged 10 to 14 years, according to figures released today by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).

The majority of all sexual assault victims were female (85%). Females were also more likely to be victims of kidnapping/abduction than males (58%). Males were more likely to be victims of homicide & related offences than females (62%). This was also the case for robbery (65%) and blackmail/extortion (65%). Female victims of sexual assault aged 15–19 had the highest victimisation rate of any age group, at a rate more than seven times the overall rate for sexual assault.

Of the selected personal offences, weapons were mainly used in the commission of murders, attempted murders, and robberies. A knife was the most commonly used weapon in committing these offences: 33% of murder victims, 28% of attempted murder victims, and 18% of robbery victims were subjected to an offence involving a knife.

Most instances of murder, attempted murder and sexual assault took place in private dwellings (murder 59%; attempted murder 57%; sexual assault 60%). Community locations were the most common venue for kidnapping/abduction (55%) and robbery (59%).

Males aged 15–19 had the highest victimization rate for robbery, more than five times the overall victimization rate for robbery (56 victims per 100,000). Among females the victimization rate for robbery was highest for those aged 15–19 and 20–24.

More information on recorded crimes in Australia, can be found in Recorded Crime - Victims, Australia (cat. no. 4510.0)

And... this is relevant because???

I think fuzzy meant her smilies were fine, as are mine. I think there's something up with your computer, maybe you should do another system restore or clean down your history. Have you tried using another browser?
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1365290 wrote: And... this is relevant because???

I think fuzzy meant her smilies were fine, as are mine. I think there's something up with your computer, maybe you should do another system restore or clean down your history. Have you tried using another browser?

oops......and yes, there is something wrong with my computer, I have to shut it down at least 4 times a day. I have used firefox and internet, I tried google chrome and it just wasn't the same. I also no longer get spell check.

please delete mine and yours.

thank you!
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Odie;1365274 wrote: :yh_sungla

this is how one looks like........under it says the title.......but you then have to click on the link as you cannot 'see' it...and when you click on the link it is black, like yours....but it takes forever.

I suspect that this is a problem with your browser's rendering of the image, not the image itself.

In Firefox select Edit -> Preferrences

In the resultant window select the contents tab and click on the advanced option after fonts and colours

Is "allow pages to chose their own fonts instead of the selection above" ticked? If not then try it.

Do the same with the colours option

Does that help you see the title?
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1365342 wrote: I suspect that this is a problem with your browser's rendering of the image, not the image itself.

In Firefox select Edit -> Preferrences

In the resultant window select the contents tab and click on the advanced option after fonts and colours

Is "allow pages to chose their own fonts instead of the selection above" ticked? If not then try it.

Do the same with the colours option

Does that help you see the title?

my firefox does not have 'preferences'.....it only has 'all', when I click on it and press control 1......nothing happens.
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Odie;1365348 wrote: my firefox does not have 'preferences'.....it only has 'all', when I click on it and press control 1......nothing happens.

It either has Edit -> Preferences or Tools -> Options depending on which version you are running. The actions once you are in there should be the same whichever.
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1365363 wrote: It either has Edit -> Preferences or Tools -> Options depending on which version you are running. The actions once you are in there should be the same whichever.

I know they should and after I tried them all, none have preferences, they just say 'all'

some say options, then net, general, tabs, privacy, applications, when Icicle on any, its not there.
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Odie;1365409 wrote: I know they should and after I tried them all, none have preferences, they just say 'all'

some say options, then net, general, tabs, privacy, applications, when Icicle on any, its not there.

Does this resemble the window you're looking at?

Attached files
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1365411 wrote: Does this resemble the window you're looking at?

yes, now which one?
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Odie;1365447 wrote: yes, now which one?

First bolded line is Fonts and Colours, on the right hand side you have Advanced and Colours :-

Attached files
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1365560 wrote: First bolded line is Fonts and Colours, on the right hand side you have Advanced and Colours :-

I found colors and have allowed them to choose on their own, and it worked!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!

thank so much Bryn for your time and patience:-4
Accountable

Special Request

Post by Accountable »

I have a person on ignore. I notice that there's a new option to view a specific ignored post. When I click it, instead of getting the post, it goes to "New posts."
Betty Boop

Special Request

Post by Betty Boop »

Accountable;1365581 wrote: I have a person on ignore. I notice that there's a new option to view a specific ignored post. When I click it, instead of getting the post, it goes to "New posts."

Has there not always been a chance to view the ignored persons post, I was under the impression there was and that's why people complained the 'ignore' function was pointless as they were always tempted to take a look. If it's been doctored to stop people doing so then all the better surely? :confused:
Accountable

Special Request

Post by Accountable »

Betty Boop;1365588 wrote: Has there not always been a chance to view the ignored persons post, I was under the impression there was and that's why people complained the 'ignore' function was pointless as they were always tempted to take a look. If it's been doctored to stop people doing so then all the better surely? :confused:
Dunno. The link is there. It doesn't go where it says it goes. That's all I know.
Bryn Mawr

Special Request

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Accountable;1365630 wrote: Dunno. The link is there. It doesn't go where it says it goes. That's all I know.

Then add to that the "go to last post" frog that goes to the first post instead.

I'm slowly starting to find my way round the code so I'll have a look but don't hold your breath.
Accountable

Special Request

Post by Accountable »

Bryn Mawr;1365637 wrote: Then add to that the "go to last post" frog that goes to the first post instead.

I'm slowly starting to find my way round the code so I'll have a look but don't hold your breath.

It works now. Thanks!
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

Bryn Mawr;1363160 wrote: Given that we have just moved the forum to a new server could I please ask that you all act as testers for the new system?

Throw a report of any problems you find that did not exist last week into this thread and they might even get looked into :-)

who do you want me to send a report to, Bryn?
spot

Special Request

Post by spot »

Odie;1366486 wrote: who do you want me to send a report to, Bryn?

"into this thread", Odie.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Special Request

Post by Odie »

spot;1366492 wrote: "into this thread", Odie.

did I just not say you were never to talk to me?:yh_clown:yh_clown

nope.......it was sent via email to Bryn.
Mustang

Special Request

Post by Mustang »

Bryn Mawr;1363160 wrote: Given that we have just moved the forum to a new server could I please ask that you all act as testers for the new system?

Odie;1366486 wrote: who do you want me to send a report to, Bryn?

spot;1366492 wrote: "into this thread", Odie.

Odie;1366605 wrote: did I just not say you were never to talk to me?:yh_clown:yh_clown

nope.......it was sent via email to Bryn.

Odie, you need to stop this!!!!

Bryn did infact tell everyone to drop a report in this thread. Spot advised you correctly and now I'm telling you the same thing. It's all there in plain english. Why are you finding it difficult to comprehend?

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”