A Quiet Place - Bob's Lair

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

bobmielke;1361917 wrote: They like dead things. :)

The original computer bug - it was certainly dead by the time it came out of the computer :-

Attached files
Odie

Post by Odie »

Good rainy morning!

we really needed this rain, but not for 4 days straight now.:sneaky:

I'm having my house stuccoed, men woke me up at 7 am with their banging:lips:

I had to cut down all my flowers across the front of the house, remove my solar lights and funny dog and frog.

I almost cried cutting down all my perennials as they hadn't bloomed yet, but it will be worth it to see the house nicely stuccoed.

I chose a dark beige for the house, and a lighter beige for the trim around the windows, doors, and side of the house mouldings.

will post a pic for you when its all done.

have a great day my friend:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Sounds cool to me. It's overcast and ten degrees cooler today compared to yesterday's 83. I have no plans at all for today so I may do some reading and napping.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1361948 wrote: Sounds cool to me. It's overcast and ten degrees cooler today compared to yesterday's 83. I have no plans at all for today so I may do some reading and napping.

it is here to, humidiy sets in tomorow.

did a few errands and I'm off for a nap to!
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

June 23rd & all is well. Rain & colder weather for the next two days. No plans except to keep working on some photos taken a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I have a successful photo safari I go back and keep processing the dozens of untouched shots. Examples below from two separate trips.

Kid on a Lion

Lorikeet Closeup

Odie

Post by Odie »

Good afternoon and wonderful pics!

My workers are working on the house to apply stucco.

did lots of chores and cleaning.

now its raining again.

looking forward in seeing your safari pics!:guitarist
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I discovered when going through a batch of photos I took a few weeks ago that a spontaneous snapshot has turned into a rather surprising discovery. I present to the world a newly discovered waterfall I name "Bob's Falls". They are located along highway 4 in Washington where I pulled over to photograph my favorite "River House". I'd seen the tiny falls in the past but my, they've grown over the Winter to a sizable waterfall. As far as I know they've never been discovered or named or photographed.

Odie

Post by Odie »

I love Bob's falls, how breatkaking!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Good Morning!

beautiful day here, sunny and just right!

The weekend is going to hit 100F, just way to hot!

off to do some chores, have a good one!
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

68 for a high today with showers. We're supposed to reach the mid to high 80s for the holiday weekend. Nothing much going on here, McDonald's for breakfast & grocery shopping. Why is it that you get so very hungry when you're out of food?
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362185 wrote: 68 for a high today with showers. We're supposed to reach the mid to high 80s for the holiday weekend. Nothing much going on here, McDonald's for breakfast & grocery shopping. Why is it that you get so very hungry when you're out of food?

It's Canada Day here tomorrow, so both the US and Canada have a long weekend.

and its going to be very hot, upper 90's with the humdity.

I always have cereal in for a back up when groceries run thin.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Normally that would work for me too Odie but I'm still on a low carb diet. Must stick to hot Oatmeal or barley like in Malt-O-Meal. Those are complex carbohydrates that are actually good for diabetics.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362201 wrote: Normally that would work for me too Odie but I'm still on a low carb diet. Must stick to hot Oatmeal or barley like in Malt-O-Meal. Those are complex carbohydrates that are actually good for diabetics.

I love oatmeal, but have I raisin bran in.

I never have eaten those crappy cereals, what's the point?
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

By "crappy cereals" are you referring to the tootie fruity sugar filled, zero nutritional boxed/bagged stuff with a free toy made in china stuff?
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362206 wrote: By "crappy cereals" are you referring to the tootie fruity sugar filled, zero nutritional boxed/bagged stuff with a free toy made in china stuff?

oh yes, and count chocula, cocoa puffs and so on.

I still to this day wonder why parents let their kids eat those kinds of cereals:rolleyes:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Good Morning!

Attached files
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Odie

Post by Odie »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Ok, now I'm starting to really get excited. I've been waiting 6 months for July 20th to arrive. I'm just one week away from my grandest vacation of all times. I'm heading on a 9 day bus tour of the Canyons of the West bus tour covering 5 states, 5 national parks and a lake.

Green Tortoise Adventure Bus Tours - Canyons of the West

I'll be traveling by foot, car, bus, train, plane. cable car & ferry. I'll be sleeping in two hostels, a bus & in my own tent. I haven't a clue what I'll be eating as the Green Tortoise Tour Company provides 70% of the food.

I'm carrying about $4,000 worth of camera gear and enough battery and storage capability to take a few thousand photos. I'm bringing enough clothes for 7-9 days, all my own camping gear and enough drugs to tide me over for 12 days. I take about 15 prescription pills a day for hypertension, diabetes, gout and prostate.

Did I mention I was a bit excited?

Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362609 wrote: Ok, now I'm starting to really get excited. I've been waiting 6 months for July 20th to arrive. I'm just one week away from my grandest vacation of all times. I'm heading on a 9 day bus tour of the Canyons of the West bus tour covering 5 states, 5 national parks and a lake.

Green Tortoise Adventure Bus Tours - Canyons of the West

I'll be traveling by foot, car, bus, train, plane. cable car & ferry. I'll be sleeping in two hostels, a bus & in my own tent. I haven't a clue what I'll be eating as the Green Tortoise Tour Company provides 70% of the food.

I'm carrying about $4,000 worth of camera gear and enough battery and storage capability to take a few thousand photos. I'm bringing enough clothes for 7-9 days, all my own camping gear and enough drugs to tide me over for 12 days. I take about 15 prescription pills a day for hypertension, diabetes, gout and prostate.

Did I mention I was a bit excited?

I'd be excited to Bob, your going to have a wonderful time!
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

It's a beautiful day here today and most of this week. I expect it to be quite a shock to go from 70 degree weather to 100s in Utah & Arizona next week. Lots of water, lots of sunscreen & a hat are in order. I picked up plenty of glucose tablets for low blood sugar problems that may occur. The desert is not a fun place to be a diabetic.
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362656 wrote: It's a beautiful day here today and most of this week. I expect it to be quite a shock to go from 70 degree weather to 100s in Utah & Arizona next week. Lots of water, lots of sunscreen & a hat are in order. I picked up plenty of glucose tablets for low blood sugar problems that may occur. The desert is not a fun place to be a diabetic.

It's really nice here to for a change, but its gonna just keep on getting hotter.

I wouldn't want to be in the desert this time of year.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I picked up the 20"x30" canvas print of "Packy" yesterday from Costco. They sure a great job on their prints. It turned out just perfect. I have two more I'd like to have done but need to save up the $115 it will take to pull it off. These would make great gifts. I'm bringing this latest print to McDonald's and my senior coffee clutch this morning. I'm sure they'll like seeing my latest work. This particular photograph has won me a couple of awards.

I'll also be toting around my new camera bag. I hope to get a few days worth of testing before going on vacation, 5 days from now. Time is flying by as I wrap up all the loose ends. I'm already in love with the new bag as I dove into its many pockets and storage areas last night. I sure can carry a ton of stuff and the strap is the most comfortable I've ever experienced.

Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362706 wrote: I picked up the 20"x30" canvas print of "Packy" yesterday from Costco. They sure a great job on their prints. It turned out just perfect. I have two more I'd like to have done but need to save up the $115 it will take to pull it off. These would make great gifts. I'm bringing this latest print to McDonald's and my senior coffee clutch this morning. I'm sure they'll like seeing my latest work. This particular photograph has won me a couple of awards.

I'll also be toting around my new camera bag. I hope to get a few days worth of testing before going on vacation, 5 days from now. Time is flying by as I wrap up all the loose ends. I'm already in love with the new bag as I dove into its many pockets and storage areas last night. I sure can carry a ton of stuff and the strap is the most comfortable I've ever experienced.

Packy turned out just spectacular, so nice to win so many awards.

Looks like a fabulous camera bag!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Good afternoon!

I had a great weekend going through a flower conservatory!

how was yours?
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I too had a great time. It rained both days but that doesn't bother me. Living in the Pacific Northwest you expect it to rain now & then. The gardens and plants need it.

I had a great dinner at Warren's folk's house yesterday as both Warren & I are going on vacation. Warren is traveling with his retired father on motorcycles to Yellowstone Park. It's great that they can spend some quality time together now that his dad is able to relax & not worry about work. I know that feeling. I just got my first Social Security check July 13th.

I have but one day to wait after today before my big adventure begins. I'm anxious to get it started. I'm certainly ready as all is pack, ready to just pick up and go. I won't return until August 01 so don't look for me online until the 2nd. I will have a huge volume of pictures to process so it may take a while to get some of them online. It's all good.

Beautiful weather has returned today as it's sunny and supposed to hit 79. I've got to run & process one final load of laundry drying as I type this. Have fun & I'll talk when I can. - Bob
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

bobmielke;1362811 wrote: I too had a great time. It rained both days but that doesn't bother me. Living in the Pacific Northwest you expect it to rain now & then. The gardens and plants need it.

I had a great dinner at Warren's folk's house yesterday as both Warren & I are going on vacation. Warren is traveling with his retired father on motorcycles to Yellowstone Park. It's great that they can spend some quality time together now that his dad is able to relax & not worry about work. I know that feeling. I just got my first Social Security check July 13th.

I have but one day to wait after today before my big adventure begins. I'm anxious to get it started. I'm certainly ready as all is pack, ready to just pick up and go. I won't return until August 01 so don't look for me online until the 2nd. I will have a huge volume of pictures to process so it may take a while to get some of them online. It's all good.

Beautiful weather has returned today as it's sunny and supposed to hit 79. I've got to run & process one final load of laundry drying as I type this. Have fun & I'll talk when I can. - Bob

Enjoy your trip - I'm looking forward to retiring not so much for stopping work as for being to go on holiday without having the first day back blues afterwards. (over three hundred and fifty e-mails to sort out this morning sure put a dampener on the day).
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1362811 wrote: I too had a great time. It rained both days but that doesn't bother me. Living in the Pacific Northwest you expect it to rain now & then. The gardens and plants need it.

I wish we had some rain, its been weeks and everything has dried up.

I know your going away, glad your all packed, have a wonderful time and will look forward to your pictures!
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

August 03, 2011 - More photos were processed today but I still have loads to finish. Every one brought back a flood of memories. I suppose that's why I take them. I purchased my own mascot and named him "Andrew The Mountain Lion". I took a number of photos of him around camp before giving him away to a visiting child. Her mom came over to borrow some pancake syrup and when I saw into the beautiful eyes of her 4 year old daughter I knew Andrew was meant for her.

Odie

Post by Odie »

and here I thought you would have kept him for sentimental reasons.

lucky little girl.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

August 10, 2011 - It's been about 10 days now since I returned from my wonderful vacation. I'm still thumbing through the 135 photos I kept from that trip. I have plans to make a couple of them into canvas prints for my apartment collection. With me living strictly on social security checks now I need the $10 off coupons I've found on this month's Costco ads. Money is tight and paying the $70 price-tag for one 20x30 canvas print is now out of my reach. I can get two 12x16 canvas prints for $50 with my coupon. Here are the two prints I intend to have made. Both are from San Francisco.

Odie

Post by Odie »

I've seen these ones and commented on how I would love the one of the cruise ships.

That's expensive when your on a tight income, why not just sell them or frame them instead of putting them on canvas?

your place must be really crowded.:yh_rotfl

but its your hobby and you love it.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

A 20x30 canvas print is $70 and is its own frame where as a matted & framed 20x30 is nearly $200. The canvas print can be lifted with your pinkie where the glass framed version weighs almost 5 pounds.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Just stunning photography, Bob. Did you take those yourself?
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Yes, I did. I got up at sunrise to walk down to the Ferry Building and the ferry boat docks. The early morning light allows for this type of dramatic shot.

bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

August 17, 2011 - I'm looking forward to another beautiful day in Oregon. We're basking in the 80 degree sun while it lasts. The rainy season begins mid-October. After dumping my sad gladiolas I replaced them with good old Petunias. They will grow anywhere and are already flourishing. I'll make a point of photographing them to let you see their progress. I bought a thriving pot full because we're so late in the season. How can you beat $1.98? Have a great day all!

bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

August 18, 2011 - another beautiful day in Portland, OR as we head for 82F and total sunshine. I have no immediate plans for the day but feel the need for a scooter ride somewhere. Maybe the coast would be fun. I'll need to stop by my apartment and grab my camera gear as I'm sitting at McDonald's waiting for my senior friends to arrive for breakfast. The sun is already shining brightly without a cloud in the sky. It's one of the differences I couldn't help but notice while in Utah & Arizona. There were always a group of puffy clouds around there.

I put my order in for three canvas prints at Costco yesterday. The $10 off sale starts today and I wanted to get more prints done during the sale. I have quite a collection of framable work now but don't have the money to get it all framed. I'm starting just with my favorite prints and will work my way through the collection as finances allow. If I could fulfill a dream it would be a gallery showing of all my best photographs, priced to sell to those who want a signed copy. I have them all already sized for canvas prints and uploaded to my Costco library of images. It would take mere minutes to order any number of framed prints. That would be a great supplemental income.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

August 20, 2011 - Good morning folks. It's supposed to be the warmest day of the year today, reaching 90F, 32C before day's end. I'll be inside and cozy long before it gets that hot. I like the mid-70s instead of 90s. We're still in our dry season so no chance of rain for a very long time. I feel bad for so many areas of the U.S. that are in a severe drought. They are actually draining lakes as well as reservoirs to the scary point this Summer.

I'm making a special trip at 7 A.M. this morning to take advantage of a sale on 16gig flash drives. It's a 6 hour sale only for $20 each. That's $10 off the best price elsewhere. I think I'll get two. LOL Have a great day!
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1366296 wrote: August 20, 2011 - Good morning folks. It's supposed to be the warmest day of the year today, reaching 90F, 32C before day's end. I'll be inside and cozy long before it gets that hot. I like the mid-70s instead of 90s. We're still in our dry season so no chance of rain for a very long time. I feel bad for so many areas of the U.S. that are in a severe drought. They are actually draining lakes as well as reservoirs to the scary point this Summer.

I'm making a special trip at 7 A.M. this morning to take advantage of a sale on 16gig flash drives. It's a 6 hour sale only for $20 each. That's $10 off the best price elsewhere. I think I'll get two. LOL Have a great day!

good morning

What you should do is take some cool showers throughout the day so you feel cooler, I do the same thing as I am still experiencing some a few sweats occurring during the day and night

going through menopause.

good luck and enjoy your day finding your flash drives.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Odie;1366301 wrote: good morning

What you should do is take some cool showers throughout the day so you feel cooler, I do the same thing as I am still get quite a few sweats from going through menopause.

good luck and enjoy your day finding your flash drives.

I'm showing up at 7 when they open the doors. If they don't have any of the flash drives advertised I'm going to get grumpy. LOL
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1366302 wrote: I'm showing up at 7 when they open the doors. If they don't have any of the flash drives advertised I'm going to get grumpy. LOL

I don't blame you:wah::wah:
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Odie;1366303 wrote: I don't blame you:wah::wah:

I was right Odie. I got there at 7 and they only had 5 of those drives in stock. I bought 2. :)
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

August 25, 2011 - I did it. I finished the fourth book in a series by Jason Letts called Powerless. I just downloaded #5 on my computers iPad and Kindle. I now can read it anywhere. I must admit I'm addicted to this series of book, written for teens but with a great plot and cast of characters. I haven't read this much in 40 years or more.

I took care of business today. It started with a morning oil & filter change for my Piaggio BV250 scooter. It was so much cheaper than expected that I called my Smart car dealership and took my Smartie in for an oil & filter change as well. I'm set to go for at least a year on both vehicles. Good thing too because I have very little money left in savings and the end of the month is still a week away. I get $268 worth of pension checks on the first of September. That will have to last me until my Social Security check on the 14th. Times are tight but I can make it. Life is good.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

August 26, 2011 - A new day, filled with wonder and excitement. I started it by framing one of my recent photographs of the Evergreen Balloon Festival. I think it will look good in my virtual hotel room.

Nothing planned for today. It's supposed to be another hot one for my area. It's been hitting 90 F and above on several occasions this past two weeks. Anything over 80 is too hot for me. I've been spending half the daylight hours sheltered in my tiny air conditioned studio apartment. I tend to be a morning person anyway. Have a good day all!

Odie

Post by Odie »

beautiful!
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

September 05, 2011 - Labor Day. No particular plans except to stay off the major highways. On a 90 mile scooter ride this weekend there was literally a 30 mile traffic jam heading to the coast. Fortunately I'm an early bird so I was heading the opposite direction. There wasn't another vehicle to be seen going East. :)

I may just venture out long enough to grab some breakfast and do a bit of grocery shopping. My clue that it needs doing is the lonely Britta water pitcher sitting by itself in my refrigerator. I generally need to go shopping every 3 days of so as I never buy much since I like fresh food.

I tried Glucerna raisin bran cereal for diabetics this week and must admit it's good. The problem I ran into is the super high fiber content. I had incredible gas and was a real regular fella for days. Maybe smaller portions are called for. Oh well, it will all work out in the end. Have a great day all and stay safe.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”