What make of blender is good?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Aura

Post by Aura »

I am looking for a blender which doesn't take up much room where I can blend fruit. I have some tangerines and oranges etc which I would like to peel and blend. Also considering chocolate bars to make milkshakes, where I would add milk and ice cream. Can anyone recommend a reliable make, and should I go for glass or plastic? :-3

I live in the UK so must be able to finds product in England. Many thanks.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Both the Vitamix and Blendtec brands are highly rated and have sufficient power for almost any job. I'm not sure of availability in the UK. One thing I recommend is that the blender include a tamping rod to allow the tough foods to be emulsified without making a mess.

Personally, I use a Vitamix. I like to throw in handfuls of just about anything to make a smoothie. I also like to make fresh nut butters and fruit sorbet.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Aura;1360111 wrote: I am looking for a blender which doesn't take up much room where I can blend fruit. I have some tangerines and oranges etc which I would like to peel and blend. Also considering chocolate bars to make milkshakes, where I would add milk and ice cream. Can anyone recommend a reliable make, and should I go for glass or plastic? :-3

I live in the UK so must be able to finds product in England. Many thanks.

Sometimes while lying in bed in the dark I like to pretend Im Rubber Man because he can stretch his whole body great distances and around corners. That kind of talent could really come in use for stuff I cant even think of right now.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Aura

Post by Aura »

Nomad;1360137 wrote: Sometimes while lying in bed in the dark I like to pretend Im Rubber Man because he can stretch his whole body great distances and around corners. That kind of talent could really come in use for stuff I cant even think of right now.

If it turns you on. :wah:
Aura

Post by Aura »

Which of these brands would you recommend please?

Russell Hobbs Jug Blender

Philips Compact Blender

Philips HR2000/50 Food Blender-Silver

I'm confused because some have negative feedback. Many thanks.

Return to “General Chit Chat”