Palinisms

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Nomad

Palinisms

Post by Nomad »

If shes going to run we need a place for her quotes. Im guessing there will be no shortage of them.

Sarah Palin "But yeah, the fire in my belly, it’s there. That’s kind of my problem - it’s such a roaring fire"
I AM AWESOME MAN
Ahso!

Palinisms

Post by Ahso! »

Nomad;1360065 wrote: If shes going to run we need a place for her quotes. Im guessing there will be no shortage of them.

Sarah Palin "But yeah, the fire in my belly, it’s there. That’s kind of my problem - it’s such a roaring fire"I think that particular quote is actually rather profound. She's a highly emotional person who gets herself into trouble verbally because she likes to go with her gut. She's a lot like George Bush in that regard (and most likely others).

Sarah Palin would probably be a good contributor to the Overthinking thread.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Palinisms

Post by spot »

Here's one. America needs someone in the White House with this sort of delusion as much as it needs a national outbreak of bubonic plague.

My son Track...he’s gonna be deployed in September to Iraq. Pray... for this country, that our leaders... are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Palinisms

Post by Clodhopper »

"I haven't heard the president state that we're at war. That's why I too am not knowing -- do we use the term intervention? Do we use war? Do we use squirmish? What is it?" --Sarah Palin, on the U.S. and NATO bombing of Libya, March 29, 2011

Squirmish???? Clearly an alumnus of the GW Bush School of Pubic Seeking.

"We have a President, perhaps for the very first time since the founding of our republic, who doesn't appear to believe that America is the greatest earthly force for good the world has ever known." --Sarah Palin, Facebook note, June 30, 2010

An interesting take for someone who claims to be Christian. Our Father, who art in Washington...?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Ahso!

Palinisms

Post by Ahso! »

Clodhopper;1360093 wrote: "I haven't heard the president state that we're at war. That's why I too am not knowing -- do we use the term intervention? Do we use war? Do we use squirmish? What is it?" --Sarah Palin, on the U.S. and NATO bombing of Libya, March 29, 2011

Squirmish???? Clearly an alumnus of the GW Bush School of Pubic Seeking.

"We have a President, perhaps for the very first time since the founding of our republic, who doesn't appear to believe that America is the greatest earthly force for good the world has ever known." --Sarah Palin, Facebook note, June 30, 2010

An interesting take for someone who claims to be Christian. Our Father, who art in Washington...?But we can give her credit for not saying "fondling". Her handlers may have been biting their lips on that one. Come to think of it, I wonder if they have any lip left.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Clodhopper

Palinisms

Post by Clodhopper »

"Sarah and the Lipless Minders"? Sounds like a punk band. Or a horror movie. Actually, it IS a horror movie...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
along-for-the-ride

Palinisms

Post by along-for-the-ride »

"Buck up or stay in the truck."

Sarah Palin
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Nomad

Palinisms

Post by Nomad »

along-for-the-ride;1360131 wrote: "Buck up or stay in the truck."

Sarah Palin

Very Palinish. Nice contribution. Thanks ATFTRFT
I AM AWESOME MAN
along-for-the-ride

Palinisms

Post by along-for-the-ride »

You're welcome, Nomie. Here's another contribution:

"We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “General Chit Chat”